• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early NFC wild card look

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, San Fran, Detroit and Dallas should be ok as long as they don't implode...and I don't think any will

So...here are the rest for the wild card spot and NFC south

5) Minnesota 6-5 Chicago, bye, @Vegas, @ Cincy, Detroit, Green Bay, @ Detroit
6) Seattle 6-5 @Dallas, @ San Fran, Philly, @ Tenn, Pitt, @ Az
8) Green Bay 5-6 Chiefs, @ Giants, Tampa, @ Carolina, @ Minny, Chicago
9) Rams 5-6 Cleveland, @ Baltimore, Washington, Saints, @ Giants, @ San Fran
4) Atlanta 5-6 @ Jets, Tampa, @ Carolina, Indy, @ Cincy, @ New Orleans
10) Saints 5-6 Detroit, Carolina, Giants, @ Rams, @ Tampa, Atlanta
11) Tampa 4-7 Carolina, @ Atlanta, @ Green Bay, Jacksonville, Saints, @ Carolina

The rest have at least 8 losses, and unless you see the Commanders, Giants or Bears running the table from here on out...

So looking at these teams and their remaining schedules who do you see getting the 6 and 7 wildcard spots? Who wins the NFC South and will the runner up get a wildcard spot. What do you see happening from here on out with these teams?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm being honest, none of these teams are a threat to do anything other than maybe win a game in the playoffs...but there should be a good battle to see who can get to 9 or 10 wins among them...I see Minny getting to 10...other than that???

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what the Vikings get from Dobbs, I think they have a good chance at 9-10 wins after getting JJ back.

Seattle just got it bad from SF at home, I don't think I want to see round 2. By the time their schedule eases up, they might be too shell shocked to climb back into it.

Green Bay is playing much better of late and if they can get past the Chiefs at home, they can get past anyone else on that schedule.

Rams continue to suffer from their "run it back" hangover and I frankly don't even know how they still are in it. I don't think they finish above .500

The Falcons have a (slightly) easier schedule than the Saints, but I think it comes down to that last game to decide who wins the worst division.

Tampa Bay is circling the drain and the only wins I see for them the rest of the way are against Carolina and I think even the Panthers could beat them once.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl has a huge leg up on the division as they already beat NO and TB and are 3-0 on the division compared to NO 1-2

So the Saints really need to probably win 4 of their last 6 to get in which i don't see happening with how they're playing and how banged up they are

So

ATL 4

I think given the Seahawks schedule abd how they've been offering they may only win 8-9 games ( 9 best case ) so give me Minnesota as the 6 seed

And right now ill lean GB for the 7. Theur schedule is more manageable than Seattle and they're playing better right now too

As a small correction Atl isn't @ Cincy they're @ Chicago

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atl has a huge leg up on the division as they already beat NO and TB and are 3-0 on the division compared to NO 1-2

So the Saints really need to probably win 4 of their last 6 to get in which i don't see happening with how they're playing and how banged up they are

So

ATL 4

I think given the Seahawks schedule abd how they've been offering they may only win 8-9 games ( 9 best case ) so give me Minnesota as the 6 seed

And right now ill lean GB for the 7. Theur schedule is more manageable than Seattle and they're playing better right now too

As a small correction Atl isn't @ Cincy they're @ Chicago

You're correct, it's at Chicago...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As another WTF, on Monday Dec 11 there are 2 Monday night games...Tenn@Miami and Green Bay@NYGiants... what the hell is this in December?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, the order is this based on conference and division standings

1- Eagles
2- Niners
3- Lions
4- Falcons
5- Cowboys
6- Vikings
7- Seahawks

The Falcons are only 5-6 but in first in the weak-ass NFC South.

An Eagles win over San Francisco would likely end the Niners' hopes of a #1 seed.

I would say, looking at the records and schedules, that Green Bay has a shot at one of the final two spots because they have a pretty easy schedule compared with others.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 home games for the Saints. Only 2 for Atlanta.

Minnesota really gets in the driver's seat with a win tonight. 7 wins and Seattle's next 3 games are tough.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Vikings should be in barring a collapse. They are playing well and have a favorable schedule

So really the 2 unknowns in the NFC are the winner of the South and the last wild card.
I sure hope my Falcons can win the South, I think we are better than the Saints in most areas and it was nice to beat them yesterday, but the very shaky QB play by Ridder makes me nervous for the Falcons. While I don’t think Carr is all that great, he at least provides stable QB play for the Saints, something the Falcons don’t have. Hopefully the Falcons will pull through, our schedule is favorable despite having only 2 more home games.

As for the last Wild Card, I think the Seahawks are the best team of the ones left but their schedule is very hard, so I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else snuck in. The Packers are playing very well right now and have an easier schedule than the Seahawks - I wouldn’t be shocked if they got the last spot.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vikings chances, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dobbs comes back to earth a bit and we struggle.

GB is figuring things out and has a pretty soft schedule to finish up, detroit win was huge for them. I'm not ready to annoit Love the third straight HOF QB, but he's getting better

I wouldn't be surprised if those are the final 2 WC teams though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Battlelyon What are you keeping receipts for anytime someone is disrespectful to the Rams?

Wow, that was a bad take by me in post #3 and that was just a few weeks ago.
That’s his thing. Someone needs to take a day or two to go through his bad takes…could take awhile

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Battlelyon What are you keeping receipts for anytime someone is disrespectful to the Rams?

That was a bad take, but to be fair, the Rams weren’t looking too good then.

I wasn’t expecting much from them at that point either.

But who knew Williams was going to come out of nowhere and be the RB they thought Akers was supposed to be.

Had he not been injured, he would be up there with McCaffrey in yardage. That’s crazy considering he was on nobody’s radar at the start of the season.

And McVay’s playcalling has become slightly better. He’s less pass happy which is really helping the offense.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't sweat it. We all analyze things and reality still bites us in the ass. The Browns would probably have beaten the Rams with Watson healthy, the Seahawks should have beaten the Rams even with their injuries, and with a 5-9 record the Saints game would have been more of a coin flip. In another timeline the Rams would be 5-10 rather than 8-7. Any given Sunday.