• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fact that the Skins are deeper at Wr and TE than Dallas. How in the world can you compare Dallas' defense vs Washington's. You do realize that the Skins signed Norman. Norman, Kerrigan, and Galette are better than every player on Dallas' defense.

Who would have thought all Dallas would have had to do was give a guy a one year $1.7M contract and they'd instantly have the best player on their defense:pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about Receiving depth. Washington has it Dallas doesn't.
I don't get why you are so proud of this "depth". Why is it you think these Wash guys are so good? One guy caught 59 passes. One is a rookie and there is NO guarantee of anything there and the 3rd guy is 30 and had one 1,000 yard season and only 2 seasons in his career over 800. And D Jax is about as hit and miss as there is. If you offered me the lot I take the Dallas guys in a heartbeat because of Dez alone. TE, Reed is a great receiving TE IMO. Better than Witten as a receiver at this point, but he can't block for shit and can't stay on the field. Do we count that?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Keep in mind I never implied the Redskins will have an elite defense either. I like their matchups in the division, however.
Kuechly is the primary reason I'm tapping the breaks on Morman. I think you and I are closer to agreement about the Redskins D.
I see the four NFCE defenses close to each other, I give the Eagles D the edge because of their front 7.
If Romo stays upright Dallas has the best offense and imo only the Giants in the East comes close.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically speaking, the Redskins are hot garbage and will come in last place.

If you went by trends and stats, that is.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically speaking, the Redskins are hot garbage and will come in last place.

If you went by trends and stats, that is.
I've never been more confident in my Redskins pick. Thanks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my fault you like losing. Chin up
Can I counter with the fact that the Eagles have a high probability of growing pains with a rookie qb who may or may not play and the Giants got Eli's A game all season last year and were still bad? I do think the Cowboys have a punchers chance but the Skins should be in the mix.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I counter with the fact that the Eagles have a high probability of growing pains with a rookie qb who may or may not play and the Giants got Eli's A game all season last year and were still bad? I do think the Cowboys have a punchers chance but the Skins should be in the mix.
I think all four teams are in the mix, but if I were going to predict the NFCE finish it would be
1. Dallas
2. NY
3. Philly
4. Washington

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I do love about the Skins is their TE. The last 1/3 of the season, including the playoffs he looked like the best TE the NFL. He was absolutely phenomenal. I think its either the Skins or Dallas to take the division.

The Birds are in trouble. The D is coming together and will be legit if the new CBs step up and if the can find one more game breaker. The O is in trouble even though I think Bradford is better then most people think. Last years OLine kept him in trouble and the receivers led the league in drops. If Bradford was behind a good OLine I think he could be good.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why you are so proud of this "depth". Why is it you think these Wash guys are so good? One guy caught 59 passes. One is a rookie and there is NO guarantee of anything there and the 3rd guy is 30 and had one 1,000 yard season and only 2 seasons in his career over 800. And D Jax is about as hit and miss as there is. If you offered me the lot I take the Dallas guys in a heartbeat because of Dez alone. TE, Reed is a great receiving TE IMO. Better than Witten as a receiver at this point, but he can't block for shit and can't stay on the field. Do we count that?

So let me get this straight. Dez,Williams, Whitten, Butler and the small guy forgot his name over Jackson, Garcon, Crowder, Reed, and Doctson. I know Dez is the best out of the bunch but I feel the Redskins have more weapons as a whole. They are better suited if an injury happens.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes in a 16 game NFL season depth does matter.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will be the trendy pick, because people will wrongly assume again that Tony Romo wont spend the season looking like this:

View attachment 125699

The Giants spent $200 million on the worst rated defense in the NFL, and I think Sterling Shepard could compete for ROY honors

if the right side of the Giants Oline, a glaring weakness, can somehow improve/hold up, they could be poised for a huge season

I hope you realize that your joking about others getting injured when coupled with your own admission that your OL is flat out terrible (plus Eli is no spring chicken himself) pretty much guarantees Eli will miss a good part of the season injured.

Karma's a bitch, after all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes in a 16 game NFL season depth does matter.
I think you missed the point even though I thought i made it clear. I agree depth is important. I don't see good depth for Washington. I think their Receivers are below average.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point even though I thought i made it clear. I agree depth is important. I don't see good depth for Washington. I think their Receivers are below average.

You are entitled to your opinion but most people disagree with you including nfl so called experts. To rank Dallas' WR/TE core over Washingtons is crazy to me. Did you even add Doctson's impact?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I do love about the Skins is their TE. The last 1/3 of the season, including the playoffs he looked like the best TE the NFL. He was absolutely phenomenal. I think its either the Skins or Dallas to take the division.

The Birds are in trouble. The D is coming together and will be legit if the new CBs step up and if the can find one more game breaker. The O is in trouble even though I think Bradford is better then most people think. Last years OLine kept him in trouble and the receivers led the league in drops. If Bradford was behind a good OLine I think he could be good.

Its a fair assessment but I just cant see the Eagles stopping the NFC East passing attacks. Clearly the worst CB's in the division as you noted and with no real star on offense I cant see how they keep pace in the east. Im not bustin your balls its just my honest opinion. Mathews is not a true #1 Wr and now Aglor has problems. I will say Ertz looks promising. With a new head coach and D coordinator its going to take time before they even get close to a winning record. Is it safe to say that the Eagles are in rebuilt mode?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to your opinion but most people disagree with you including nfl so called experts. To rank Dallas' WR/TE core over Washingtons is crazy to me. Did you even add Doctson's impact?
I'm not trying to tell you how you should think, just telling you how I think.

I don't assume much from Rookie WRs and am not a big fan of him in particular. Here is my problem with Wash WRs. I don't think you have a #1 and there are a shitload of GREAT WRs in this league right now. Not having one hurts. So that kind of affects the whole depth chart. And don't get me started on "Experts" opinions...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to tell you how you should think, just telling you how I think.

I don't assume much from Rookie WRs and am not a big fan of him in particular. Here is my problem with Wash WRs. I don't think you have a #1 and there are a shitload of GREAT WRs in this league right now. Not having one hurts. So that kind of affects the whole depth chart. And don't get me started on "Experts" opinions...

Doctson was rated the #1 Wr by both Kiper and Mcshay and can basically run every route and get jump balls. Jackson is a #1 WR but he is not a top 10 WR by no means. Everyone forgets that he missed 7 games last year. With him on the filed it makes everyone better b/c of his play making ability. Garcon is the perfect possession WR right now. Is he overpaid? Yes, but he is very solid and will make the catch in traffic. Crowder set a rookie record last year and is a perfect slot WR. Now if you add Doctson to the mix its just a very impressive group. I even havent talked about Reed yet and how he impacts a defense.

With this depth the Redskins can beat you many ways where Dallas can not. Yes you have Dez, im not saying we have a player like that but if defenses take him out of the game who is going to step up? Whitten has done this in the past but can you rely on him like the Skins rely on Reed?

For Dallas to be successful I believe Dez is going to have to have a Julio Jones type year. None of Dallas' other WR or TE weapons scare anybody. The Redskins just have more options.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to think, but I totally disagree with the above and think you complete are overvaluing every single one of those guys. note - I'm just talking about WRs so I'm not including Reed, but with the way he blocks maybe he should be a WR.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to think, but I totally disagree with the above and think you complete are overvaluing every single one of those guys. note - I'm just talking about WRs so I'm not including Reed, but with the way he blocks maybe he should be a WR.

Fine but answer my question. Who is going to step at Wr besides Dez?