• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the NFC East?

Who will win the NFC East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what 506 passes to 460 rushing attempts says to you but it's balanced to me. Somebody has to have the highest pass/run ratio. But 506 to 460 is balanced and that's what you seem to have a problem with, and frankly you can type 10 paragraphs and it's still balanced.

Point remains....Dallas lost not because teams choose to play the game close. They lost for exactly what I said.

Again, quit the "Dallas lost because" bit... I am not saying Dallas lost because opponents called conservative playcalling. This is the 3rd time you've tried now to make it about that, the third time I've said that isn't my point, and not saying that in any way shape or form.

Balanced is a 50% completion rate? Tim Tebow is the Balance of what you'd have for a QB's completion percentage? 506-460 says 2nd fewest pass attempts against and 26th fewest rush attempts against, and that goes even well beyond that when you take Romo's games out of the equation.

A "balanced diet" isn't 1/3 fruit/veg, 1/3 meat and 1/3 dessert even if those ratios are the same. If you need "balanced" to always be "closest to 50/50" then fine, use whatever term you want for being the outlier, because that's where Dallas' opponents were with their run to pass rate.

To me balanced is average, in the middle of what people choose to do. If there's 31 people on one side of a teeter totter, and 1 on the other, that isn't balanced. Without Romo, Dallas is that one person on that side of the teeter totter in terms of run:pass ratio last year is all I am saying. Put whatever word to describe that you want, don't get yourself stuck in the weeds over the term here...

2 questions...

1. Do you consider a balanced QB (not a pocket guy, not a scrambler but in-between) a guy who in 600 drop backs scrambles an NFL record 300 times for that .500 split? Or would it be a guy who scrambles more than Brady but less than Cam, somewhere in the middle?

2. Why else did teams choose to have the highest run to pass rate vs. Dallas without Romo?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balanced isn't one player
the 16 Dallas opponents attempted 506 passes and attempted 460 runs last year.
It is what it is and hasn't a thing to do with running QB's or any of the other BS you've brought to this conversation.

BUT....obviously being right is important to you. You've turned this conversation three different ways and you're still wrong

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
balanced isn't one player
the 16 Dallas opponents attempted 506 passes and attempted 460 runs last year.
It is what it is and hasn't a thing to do with running QB's or any of the other BS you've brought to this conversation.

BUT....obviously being right is important to you. You've turned this conversation three different ways and you're still wrong

lol. Fine balanced isn't one player. So the team with a 50% completion percentage is the one that defines balance at completing passes in the NFL today? Quit trying to get this in the weeds over your definition of the term.

Why, once Romo was out, did teams choose to run on dallas more than 30 other NFL teams, and at the same time throw on them less than 31 other NFL teams? Why can't you answer this one thing?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do teams go more run:pass when facing really bad offenses is all I am asking.

Why is it Dallas (without Romo), SF, Cle, and Tenn that teams have the highest run to pass rate against this year? All 4 are bottom 5 offenses too in terms of scoring.

Year before the Raiders, Jaguars, and Titans really stick out in this.. The 32nd, 31st, and 30th ranked scoring offenses...

I am just asking why we get that correlation????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is you've along with the rest of the uninformed have place other player mistakes on Romo, has he messed up sure, but no where near the times some want to try to claim.
"That's my QB" you tell him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean doesn't count. Homers/Haters never factor logic in their statements. Washington's front 7 is suspect, as is their safety play, but to hear dean tell it, their the class of the division even without it being shown on the field

lol Doesn't count? Kerrigan, Galette, and Smith are not good pass rushers? pday you are the biggest homer on here. I already said why I used the fantasy stats. I just looked at it for sacks, int's, and fumbles. Manster still cant get that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Doesn't count? Kerrigan, Galette, and Smith are not good pass rushers? pday you are the biggest homer on here. I already said why I used the fantasy stats. I just looked at it for sacks, int's, and fumbles. Manster still cant get that.
I always say it's in the posts, I think the clear homer in this thread is you. I said Kerrigan has established himself as a solid NFL player....which wasn't good enough for you. Not sure I can just wave the wand for the other two any more than I would for the Dallas dline....which you pronounce as bad.

Yes Sir....I think it's clear who the bigger homer and hater is

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get is using fantasy stats to determine what defense is better is laughable. What you don't get is that I'm saying the defenses are closer than you keep trying to make them sound.
Also don't be shocked how good the Dallas pass rush is with Lawrence and Gregory, yes I know they face suspensions but I think Lawrence wins his appeal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always say it's in the posts, I think the clear homer in this thread is you. I said Kerrigan has established himself as a solid NFL player....which wasn't good enough for you. Not sure I can just wave the wand for the other two any more than I would for the Dallas dline....which you pronounce as bad.

Yes Sir....I think it's clear who the bigger homer and hater is

Kerrigan is a franchise player and is getting paid like one. Only Cowboy fans are defending there defense as just as good or better than Washington's. That is being a homer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't get is using fantasy stats to determine what defense is better is laughable. What you don't get is that I'm saying the defenses are closer than you keep trying to make them sound.
Also don't be shocked how good the Dallas pass rush is with Lawrence and Gregory, yes I know they face suspensions but I think Lawrence wins his appeal.

What is laughable is you don't count turnovers has being an important stat when evaluating a defense. So Lawrence and Gregory are the same or even better pass rushers than Kerrigan, Galette, and Smith? That is also laughable.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is laughable is you don't count turnovers has being an important stat when evaluating a defense. So Lawrence and Gregory are the same or even better pass rushers than Kerrigan, Galette, and Smith? That is also laughable.
Again, I said we could make a bet on the most important stat, that being points against. You got scared and threw fantasy stats against the wall. I really don't know which D will be better, but I'm very confident neither will be difference makers.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I said we could make a bet on the most important stat, that being points against. You got scared and threw fantasy stats against the wall. I really don't know which D will be better, but I'm very confident neither will be difference makers.

Sure I will make a friendly bet with you but all categories must be considered not just points.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @deanpet21 are you going to vote on the defensive stat poll?

I have to vote to see the results. IF you set up a poll asking the whole board which team will have the better defense that would be good. Then you have an unbiased opinion but there is no way of knowing if dallas or redskins fans vote in the poll.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So @deanpet21 are you going to vote on the defensive stat poll?

From what I read on here is that people think Dallas will only success b/c of Romo and the offense. Not one person mentioned the D.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read on here is that people think Dallas will only success b/c of Romo and the offense. Not one person mentioned the D.
So don't you think that might mean there's a huge dropoff from Romo to the 2nd, and maybe because of Romos injury concern vs. other starting QBs? Newsflash skin homer not many teams can survive an injury to their QB. I'm sure the redskins can though with all that depth.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't you think that might mean there's a huge dropoff from Romo to the 2nd, and maybe because of Romos injury concern vs. other starting QBs? Newsflash skin homer not many teams can survive an injury to their QB. I'm sure the redskins can though with all that depth.

Actually they can but you missed the point. No one is saying the Cowboys defense will be any good this year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the skins defense is being touted by who?
I am going to go out on a limb and say it'll be a decent defense. Breeland and Norman is a very strong pair of CB's and they have a young and interesting passrush. Not great, but it'll be worth watching.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go out on a limb and say it'll be a decent defense. Breeland and Norman is a very strong pair of CB's and they have a young and interesting passrush. Not great, but it'll be worth watching.
So do you see Washington's defense as headcand shoulders over any other NFCE team? Do you see it as a difference making defense?