• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 5-6

I see it somewhat the same way.

I think GS in 6...they win one of these in Toronto, take both at home, Toronto finds way in game 5 but can't figure out how to get one in OAK.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of context? Quote was an obvious jab at the Cavs.

It actually wasn't. Magic knew that they weren't going to "out Warriors" the Warriors. If you can't out shoot them, you have to try to defend them.

That holds true against other teams too. Perimeter shooting is a much bigger part of the NBA than it has ever been. But, if you don't have a roster that shoots well from the perimeter, you damn well better have one that can defend against it.

So, I think some of what he said was a bit of false bravado because they probably couldn't get the shooters they needed on 1 year deals. So his only choice was to try to put together a roster that could defend against it.

It wasn't near the shot at the Cavs that Cavs fans have played it up to be.

I do understand why it's been taken that way though. Especially coming from the PBO of the team he left for.

I think Magic would have been better served to have said something more like "We can't do it the way Cleveland did, so we're going to play defense..." or maybe better yet, not mention the Cavs at all.

But it's Magic and when he's speaking in public, his mouth has a tendency to get away from him. Which is why the Lakers got fined for tampering. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yes, they did rebuild an extra season. Just like I said. Cavs needed only 4 years and went to Finals year 1.

lol

Please tell me you don't think the Cavs got Lebron back because "it was the plan all along."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All along? No. But according to reports they started thinking this was very possible after year 1 without him. Maybe sooner.

I seriously doubt that. They were in a complete rebuild. Every move they were making was geared to building for the future. They had even hired a coach with no NBA experience to learn and grow along with their young roster.

That report would have been much more believable if they had tried to do what Gilbert claimed in his letter and "win a championship before Lebron did".

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it somewhat the same way.

I think GS in 6...they win one of these in Toronto, take both at home, Toronto finds way in game 5 but can't figure out how to get one in OAK.
This is kind of the consensus, and how I picked it too, which of course means it will go nothing like this LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that. They were in a complete rebuild. Every move they were making was geared to building for the future. They had even hired a coach with no NBA experience to learn and grow along with their young roster.

That report would have been much more believable if they had tried to do what Gilbert claimed in his letter and "win a championship before Lebron did".
Then you can take it out with Windhorst

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of the consensus, and how I picked it too, which of course means it will go nothing like this LOL
Exactly...lol!

I totally botched the MIL/Tor series so who knows...I do think GS will be able to offset Kawhi's scoring, something the Bucks were not able to do from game 3 on.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...lol!

I totally botched the MIL/Tor series so who knows...I do think GS will be able to offset Kawhi's scoring, something the Bucks were not able to do from game 3 on.
The Raptors D is far better than any D the Warriors have faced and they don't have KD. But the Raptors don't have the scorers and GS plays good d too. Probably low scoring games in general, and Toronto has every bit of a decent shot at winning

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...with a couple Fanduel lineups was hoping more definitive.
He's not going to play a ton of minutes even if he's back. If Kerr is smart he will play him to start the second and fourth quarters as the second scorer on the second unit so Klay isn't the only scorer out there when Curry rests.

THAT is a big part of why they need Durant

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like reminding people that the Cavs pulled off the greatest Finals comeback in history.:heh: Some folks don't like to hear that fact.

When did this happen? Doesn't ring a bell.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors D is far better than any D the Warriors have faced and they don't have KD. But the Raptors don't have the scorers and GS plays good d too. Probably low scoring games in general, and Toronto has every bit of a decent shot at winning

I'm going to take the other side of that...TOR hasn't faced this many scorers in the playoffs. In the ECF, MIL had a ton of open shots (#41) couldn't hit the side of a barn vs TOR but played well vs PHI...maybe it was the D, but it just looked like they were missing open shots and Giannis was not enough of an OFC factor to offset Kawhi.

If GS is having an off series, not hitting the outside shot...I can see TOR winning this series, but if both teams plays well, GS should win it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

If the Cavs '16 title is ancient history what does that make the Warriors '15 title?
The first of four in five years