• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert just said that to make the fans happy...They never attempted to win or sign anyone...So it was pretty obvious. They had cap space saved for a star. It just happened to be Lebron and worked out pretty well. They wanted to slot a star with all the young talent they had. They were initially going to after PG...to pair with Kyrie, but that changed when Lebron became avaliable.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than some master plan to get Lebron back.

I'm sure they had plans to bring in a young star level FA if they could to continue their rebuild. Then Lebron decided he wanted to come back, which is why they had to pretty much re-make the roster rather than just add a top FA.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure they had plans to bring in a young star level FA if they could to continue their rebuild. Then Lebron decided he wanted to come back, which is why they had to pretty much re-make the roster rather than just add a top FA.

Yea, i mean maybe they thought their was a chance and kept some money open just in case, but i doubt they did much more than that...Especially with the way lebron holds grudges and that letter lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

which elite FA are you thinking has his sights set on Cleveland?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, i mean maybe they thought their was a chance and kept some money open just in case, but i doubt they did much more than that...Especially with the way lebron holds grudges and that letter lol

They were keeping/clearing cap space for a star level FA, I don't think there's much doubt about that. They just didn't think it would be Lebron.

They had a young roster with and emerging star and had just drafted a guy that some were calling "the next Lebron". They had even hired a coach with no NBA experience so they could all learn and grow together.

But, Lebron is a man of his word and he had promised Cleveland a title. So the Cavs did the smart thing and changed their long term plans to accommodate that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already spelled it out for you. Feel free to continue to be fooled by something Windy wrote after the fact though.
Yes, you did...and you based it off one comment in an emotional letter written in the heat of passion. Comical, really.

The idea he would even undergo the idea of having Lebron back makes it clear that letter had nothing to do with their plan. You know, like clearing cap space and adding high picks and extra picks might have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which elite FA are you thinking has his sights set on Cleveland?

Probably none. But they had to clear the space anyway so they could at least try.

Lebron being a man of his word does not equal some master plan by the Cavs to get him back.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what evidence was there Lebron holds grudges? All we knew was Lebron wanted to win, so they built a team that gave him an excellent chance to do so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were keeping/clearing cap space for a star level FA, I don't think there's much doubt about that. They just didn't think it would be Lebron.

They had a young roster with and emerging star and had just drafted a guy that some were calling "the next Lebron". They had even hired a coach with no NBA experience so they could all learn and grow together.

But, Lebron is a man of his word and he had promised Cleveland a title. So the Cavs did the smart thing and changed their long term plans to accommodate that.
you ever gonna give a name to the elite player you think had his sights set on Cleveland?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably none. But they had to clear the space anyway so they could at least try.

Lebron being a man of his word does not equal some master plan by the Cavs to get him back.
I do agree they did not know he'd come back but sure is compelling that he was the main target. Seems obvious no other elite FA would come here. Now if he was not from here? Different story.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you did...and you based it off one comment in an emotional letter written in the heat of passion. Comical, really.

Uh, no I didn't. I based it off of the actual moves that the Cavs made, which I also spelled out for you.

What's comical is you intentionally leaving that out to support your belief in the smoke Windy blew up Cavs fans collective asses.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree they did not know he'd come back but sure is compelling that he was the main target. Seems obvious no other elite FA would come here. Now if he was not from here? Different story.

The bold is what I've been saying all along. There was no master plan to get Lebron back. Virtually every move they made from the moment he signed with the Heat indicated that they didn't plan or expect him to come back.

Virtually every team in the league tries to clear cap space to land a star player every year whether they have a realistic shot or not. Including the Cavs.

So of course they were trying to clear space. It's one thing to tell fans "Hey, we cleared cap space and no one wanted to come, but we tried." It's a whole other thing to say "Yeah, no one was coming anyway, so we didn't bother to clear space." At least with cap space they can try to bring in a couple of 2nd tier guys to improve the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that. They were in a complete rebuild. Every move they were making was geared to building for the future. They had even hired a coach with no NBA experience to learn and grow along with their young roster.

That report would have been much more believable if they had tried to do what Gilbert claimed in his letter and "win a championship before Lebron did".
Far as I can tell this is as close as you've come to "spelling it out for me".

spelling it out so far for you has been one comment in an emotional rant by Gilbert in a heat of passion and you not liking the reporter who actually did spell out this was what went down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is what I've been saying all along. There was no master plan to get Lebron back. Virtually every move they made from the moment he signed with the Heat indicated that they didn't plan or expect him to come back.

Virtually every team in the league tries to clear cap space to land a star player every year whether they have a realistic shot or not. Including the Cavs.

So of course they were trying to clear space. It's one thing to tell fans "Hey, we cleared cap space and no one wanted to come, but we tried." It's a whole other thing to say "Yeah, no one was coming anyway, so we didn't bother to clear space." At least with cap space they can try to bring in a couple of 2nd tier guys to improve the team.
Not knowing he'd come back does not mean the plan was not to get him back. The Lakers don't know that they can lure an elite FA, but their plan is to clear cap space to acquire one.

The idea you cannot wrap your head around Lebron being their main target is actually comical. If you agree with the bold you actually agree with what I'm saying. Lebron was the hometown guy and really the only option when it came to luring an elite FA here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name a specific move to support this? Acquiring a #1 from the Clips is a "specific move" Tell me how that move indicated, per you, they didn't plan for him to come back?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a single one. If I'm wrong feel free to list 'em. so far, to quote Harold Ramos in Stripes......"that's none".

You are wrong. Go back and re-read.

Here's a hint...it has to do with the coach they hired and the players they had been bringing in.