• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that some very bizarre & funny stuff. A title from '16 is ancient history but a title from '15 isn't.

:laugh3:
Seems pretty obvious. Of course the next 3 were pretty recent. 2015 was just the first

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty obvious. Of course the next 3 were pretty recent. 2015 was just the first

The next 3? The 2019 Finals have already been played? Dammit I missed the entire series.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 3? The 2019 Finals have already been played? Dammit I missed the entire series.
It was awesome! Durant came back game 3 and the Warriors won in 7 had fought games. Curry got his first Finals MVP and Drake cried like a girl.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was awesome! Durant came back game 3 and the Warriors won in 7 had fought games. Curry got his first Finals MVP and Drake cried like a girl.

I heard right after that last game was over Dray walked up to KD & kicked him in the basket-balls.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard right after that last game was over Dray walked up to KD & kicked him in the basket-balls.
Yeah that was awkward

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even stranger is Kyrie was traded for AD straight up & the Celtics beat the Blazers for the '20 title.
That was really weird how Boston was able to trade a free agent not even signed with the team, but I guess it worked for them

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was really weird how Boston was able to trade a free agent not even signed with the team, but I guess it worked for them

Well here are details you missed. Kyrie signed a long term deal & then was traded for AD. Who said right after the '20 Finals ended he would finish his career in Boston.

You can read all about it in the onion.com sports section.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to play a ton of minutes even if he's back. If Kerr is smart he will play him to start the second and fourth quarters as the second scorer on the second unit so Klay isn't the only scorer out there when Curry rests.

THAT is a big part of why they need Durant
I figure if he can just get 20 minutes he'll be a better play (and value) than, say Green, Ibaka or VV. Q is will he get 20+

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's a flash...they did what he said they would, and one more flash. It worked.

Here's a flash...I look at actions not words. Their actions were to totally rebuild, not get Lebron back.

Windy writing an article after the fact to try and make the Cavs look smart doesn't change their actions.

The only thing that worked was tricking Cavs fans into believing it was some sort of master plan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a flash...I look at actions not words. Their actions were to totally rebuild, not get Lebron back.

Windy writing an article after the fact to try and make the Cavs look smart doesn't change their actions.

The only thing that worked was tricking Cavs fans into believing it was some sort of master plan.
what does "totally rebuild" mean to you? Tanking, right? Clearly, their goal was add as much cap space as possible and as many extra picks as they could.

Coincidentally, the cap room became available the year Lebron was a FA. You think they had their eye on convincing another elite FA to come to Cleveland?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does "totally rebuild" mean to you? Tanking, right? Clearly, their goal was add as much cap space as possible and as many extra picks as they could.

Coincidentally, the cap room became available the year Lebron was a FA. You think they had their eye on convincing another elite FA to come to Cleveland?

I can see it now...

"Hey guys how are we gonna get Lebron back?"

"I know. Instead of doing what Dan Gilbert said and make moves to win a championship before Lebron...we'll suck for 4 years so we can get a bunch of rookies and hire a coach that has never coached in the NBA before. That'll lure him back." lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now...

"I know. Instead of doing what Dan Gilbert said and make moves to win a championship before Lebron...we'll suck for 4 years so we can get a bunch of rookies and hire a coach that has never coached in the NBA before. That'll lure him back." lol
who do you think they were trying to get back with max money?

what did they do to get him the first time? They tanked to get the #1 pick (and it worked). 2nd time they tanked to get high picks AND made moves to cut salary and add extra picks.

Also worked. Not really debateable.

It's funny you think an in depth article researching what went on means nothing, but a comment in a letter a guy wrote in the heat of the moment natters?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now...

Gilbert just said that to make the fans happy...They never attempted to win or sign anyone...So it was pretty obvious. They had cap space saved for a star. It just happened to be Lebron and worked out pretty well. They wanted to slot a star with all the young talent they had. They were initially going to after PG...to pair with Kyrie, but that changed when Lebron became avaliable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert just said that to make the fans happy...They never attempted to win or sign anyone...So it was pretty obvious. They had cap space saved for a star. It just happened to be Lebron and worked out pretty well. They wanted to slot a star with all the young talent they had. They were initially going to after PG...to pair with Kyrie, but that changed when Lebron became avaliable.
Can't say I ever heard PG mentions here before Lebron came back. Timing was perfect for it to be just a coincidence I think. Not sure what other star might have come here in 2014 that was a FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who do you think they were trying to get back with max money?

what did they do to get him the first time? They tanked to get the #1 pick (and it worked). 2nd time they tanked to get high picks AND made moves to cut salary and add extra picks.

Also worked. Not really debateable.

It's funny you think an in depth article researching what went on means nothing, but a comment in a letter a guy wrote in the heat of the moment natters?

lol

Yeah, let's do the opposite of what will attract Lebron. That'll work.

Lebron came back because he made a promise to Cavs fans. Not because of some masterplan the Cavs had.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, let's do the opposite of what will attract Lebron. That'll work.

Lebron came back because he made a promise to Cavs fans. Not because of some masterplan the Cavs had.
What did they do that was the opposite? He doesn't care what they did to get to where they were in 2014. He cares what they had and could do moving forward.

They had the cap room to sign him, a star in Kyrie, assets to trade for another star, and an owner who would spend whatever was needed to win.

An "lol" by you wont change these facts.