• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers are under worse management because they won more games than the Cavs?
I can understand that, but it is hard to support it. The Lakers didn't do enough to suck more.
Cavs rebuilt 4 years and went to Finals in year 1 of Lebron. Lakers with lure of LA have rebuilt for 6-7 years and missed playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even say they tried to suck. They just didn't have the players and talent and the players they do have are all young and inexperienced. The veterans they do have from the championships runs were all hurt: TT, Love and of course Hill and other guys were traded away. I wouldn't say they tried to suck, it just happened bc of the above things mentioned.
Fair points, but I'm sure a top pick in lottery was the goal. Also make sure not to have to give pick to Atlanta.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you're just going to ignore all of the injuries the Lakers had?
You think if they were still winning Lebron sits as long as he did? You want to ignore they didn't try and get shooters? Even said "we are going to do things differently"...never mind it worked here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
w
And had Lebron not come back, the Cavs would likely still be rebuilding.
why's that? Went to the Finals and had tradeable assets to improve now if they wanted. Also added Sexton.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, have to think not bringing in any shooters might have hurt some.

It's why I don't think they'd have held on to the #4 spot had they stayed healthy. I don't think they'd have dropped farther than 5 or 6. But they'd have dropped.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really saying just bc of their record they are a better run organization? LOL
The Lakers expectation was MUCH HIGHER than the Cavs. I mean look at the roster difference. Right now the Lakers are a shitshow but it starts with the F.O. I fully expect them to clean that up some bc Lebron won't deal with it anymore. He had way better run organizations in Miami and even Cleveland, that is saying something. Not to mention, in L.A. the standards are supposed to be set higher and it looks like for the last 5 years or so, it's pretty low.
"Even Cleveland"? I guess if you mean because tough to attract FAs that is fair.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Nance?
Truth be told, Sr. is my favorite Cavalier of all time. Loved his game and the fact he continued to add to it as he got older. His 15-18 foot shot became a weapon form him here.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
w

why's that? Went to the Finals and had tradeable assets to improve now if they wanted. Also added Sexton.
Second worst record in the league last season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think if they were still winning Lebron sits as long as he did? You want to ignore they didn't try and get shooters? Even said "we are going to do things differently"...never mind it worked here.

I don't know. According to his trainer, when he came back, it was still too soon.

They were winning when Lebron and Rondo went down. Once they lost them, especially Lebron, they weren't going to be winning at the same pace anyway.

Despite not having shooters, they were in the #4 spot for the playoffs. So, on some level it was actually working.

How much winning did the Cavs do without Lebron with them having shooters?

As for that Magic quote, you Cavs fans love to take it out of context and act like that was the roster the Lakers were going to try and take down the Warriors with.

Their 6 most important players missing a combined 155 games had a lot more to do with them not making the playoffs than not signing shooters.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were in the #4 spot before the injuries hit. So obviously, the roster was working. It may have been because Lebron is just that good, but when he and Rondo went down on Christmas, the team was playing well and looked like they were having fun.

Aside from Lebron, the FA's they signed were all on 1 year deals. This was never going to be the roster they were going to try to take down the Warriors with. This roster was supposed to be a bridge to this coming season.

Here are the Lakers 6 most important players and the number of games that each missed...Lebron (27), Ingram (30), Kuzma (12), Lonzo (35), Rondo (36), Hart (15).

Those players missed a combined total of 155 games. Additionally, Lebron came back too early and Hart was playing on 1 leg from the all star break until the Lakers finally shut him down late in the season.

That is not an excuse...it's a reason. No team is overcoming that.
The fact Hart and Rondo were among your top 6 players is a problem right there.

And, yes, they were in the 4 spot, but also only a few games from the 8, right? There were teams in the 2-3 this season at some point who finished 7-8 or lower, correct?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact Hart and Rondo were among your top 6 players is a problem right there.

And, yes, they were in the 4 spot, but also only a few games from the 8, right? There were teams in the 2-3 this season at some point who finished 7-8 or lower, correct?

As I've said, they likely would have fallen to 5 or 6. Maybe even as far as 7. But they would have been in the playoffs.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors win in 4-5 games.
And I would agree. Their offense is flawless and only they can stop themselves if they shoot poorly. On defense, they are smart and make quick adjustments. Their size can make them vulnerable to offensive rebounds. Aside from that, they have no weaknesses.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did come back. He went to LA and they still needed an extra year in the rebuild.

Yes, he did. Which was the only reason they aren't still rebuilding.

The Lakers rebuild was always going to be at least 2 years. The Lakers and Lebron both knew that going in and Lebron still came to LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I don't think they'd have held on to the #4 spot had they stayed healthy. I don't think they'd have dropped farther than 5 or 6. But they'd have dropped.
possible, but I think maybe a little lower to 7-8.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. According to his trainer, when he came back, it was still too soon.

They were winning when Lebron and Rondo went down. Once they lost them, especially Lebron, they weren't going to be winning at the same pace anyway.

Despite not having shooters, they were in the #4 spot for the playoffs. So, on some level it was actually working.

How much winning did the Cavs do without Lebron with them having shooters?

As for that Magic quote, you Cavs fans love to take it out of context and act like that was the roster the Lakers were going to try and take down the Warriors with.

Their 6 most important players missing a combined 155 games had a lot more to do with them not making the playoffs than not signing shooters.
Out of context? Quote was an obvious jab at the Cavs. And Cavs fans told you at the time it was silly as they also wanted Lebron to do less but Lebron does what he wants....In addition, told you offense works best with shooters who can space the floor.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he did. Which was the only reason they aren't still rebuilding.

The Lakers rebuild was always going to be at least 2 years. The Lakers and Lebron both knew that going in and Lebron still came to LA.
So, yes, they did rebuild an extra season. Just like I said. Cavs needed only 4 years and went to Finals year 1.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possible, but I think maybe a little lower to 7-8.

Agree that a drop to 7 or 8 was possible. I think we both agree that they're likely in the playoffs if they stay healthy though.