• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and if that story was true he had a lot of people fooled.

To be fair to Magic, (more fair than he was to the Lakers). He apparently did tell Jeanie that he has his other business interests and wouldn't be able to devote his full attention to the Lakers.

As soon as he said that, she should have moved on or he should have said that is why he couldn't take the job.

Then maybe they could have kept him around as an advisor and someone to come in and meet with top FA's. I don't care who the FA is, if they walk into a meeting and Magic and Lebron are there...that's going to be pretty impressive and help the Lakers.

But with how things ended, I don't even think they can keep him around in that capacity anymore.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Cavs tried to suck, and the Lakers, well, didn't.

True. But the Lakers sucked because of injuries, not because of the narrative that the media are trying to out click bait each other on.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers are under worse management because they won more games than the Cavs?
I can understand that, but it is hard to support it. The Lakers didn't do enough to suck more.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are the worst managed team right now. The Lakers are just getting blasted because ESPN loves to talk about them. The Lakers had a better record than 10 teams, the Cavs had a better record than 1 team and the Knicks had a better record than 0 teams.

Record really doesn't mean much. The Knicks literally had nothing to work with, they traded their only player away. Look at their roster. The Lakers definitely had more to work with, they did play in the west but Magic, Pelinka, Buss that whole management was a shitshow. The Knicks are up there but right now you can't mismanage a team with the best player on it, that can't happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't even say they tried to suck. They just didn't have the players and talent and the players they do have are all young and inexperienced. The veterans they do have from the championships runs were all hurt: TT, Love and of course Hill and other guys were traded away. I wouldn't say they tried to suck, it just happened bc of the above things mentioned.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record really doesn't mean much. The Knicks literally had nothing to work with, they traded their only player away. Look at their roster. The Lakers definitely had more to work with, they did play in the west but Magic, Pelinka, Buss that whole management was a shitshow. The Knicks are up there but right now you can't mismanage a team with the best player on it, that can't happen.

So then you're just going to ignore all of the injuries the Lakers had?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers are under worse management because they won more games than the Cavs?
I can understand that, but it is hard to support it. The Lakers didn't do enough to suck more.

Are you really saying just bc of their record they are a better run organization? LOL
The Lakers expectation was MUCH HIGHER than the Cavs. I mean look at the roster difference. Right now the Lakers are a shitshow but it starts with the F.O. I fully expect them to clean that up some bc Lebron won't deal with it anymore. He had way better run organizations in Miami and even Cleveland, that is saying something. Not to mention, in L.A. the standards are supposed to be set higher and it looks like for the last 5 years or so, it's pretty low.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't the reason the Knicks had "nothing to work with" part of management. That's why I say they are more mismanaged than any other team. New York is a prime free agent destination, yet they still suck every year. Imagine the Pacers management team in New York where you could actually lure top free agents. (I don't mean to praise the Pacers too much, they are just in my area).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you're just going to ignore all of the injuries the Lakers had?

Not ignoring them but no one can deny the Lakers did a very poor job and it starts with last years FA. When comparing the Knicks roster to the Lakers roster, there is no comparison, even counting injuries. The Cavs had injuries, they didn't have their only two veterans for basically half the year. No excuses. They still made move that made sense. Literally everything the Lakers have done has made no sense, other than getting the best player in the league.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Magic's coaching tenure. Yeah that wasn't good. As far as Pelinka I just don't see how he's not fired. But have no clue (like you) who they would go after.

Like I've mentioned before I only talk trash about the Lakers because I'm a Celtics fan. Outside of that have nothing but respect for the history of the franchise.

And while I hated the Showtime Lakers when they played the Celtics Magic to this day is still my 2nd favorite player all time. My all time favorite is Larry Legend.
Larry Nance?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't the reason the Knicks had "nothing to work with" part of management. That's why I say they are more mismanaged than any other team. New York is a prime free agent destination, yet they still suck every year. Imagine the Pacers management team in New York where you could actually lure top free agents. (I don't mean to praise the Pacers too much, they are just in my area).

Is it? When was the last time they signed a big-time FA? Melo is the only guy in the last 20 years. The media hypes up New York bc it is New York. When was their last championship? The Knicks aren't comparable to the Lakers, they aren't close to the same level. The Lakers signed arguably the best player ever and they shit the bed, it started with management. No excuses.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ignoring them but no one can deny the Lakers did a very poor job and it starts with last years FA.

The Lakers were in the #4 spot before the injuries hit. So obviously, the roster was working. It may have been because Lebron is just that good, but when he and Rondo went down on Christmas, the team was playing well and looked like they were having fun.

Aside from Lebron, the FA's they signed were all on 1 year deals. This was never going to be the roster they were going to try to take down the Warriors with. This roster was supposed to be a bridge to this coming season.

The Cavs had injuries, they didn't have their only two veterans for basically half the year. No excuses.

Here are the Lakers 6 most important players and the number of games that each missed...Lebron (27), Ingram (30), Kuzma (12), Lonzo (35), Rondo (36), Hart (15).

Those players missed a combined total of 155 games. Additionally, Lebron came back too early and Hart was playing on 1 leg from the all star break until the Lakers finally shut him down late in the season.

That is not an excuse...it's a reason. No team is overcoming that.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it? When was the last time they signed a big-time FA? Melo is the only guy in the last 20 years. The media hypes up New York bc it is New York. When was their last championship? The Knicks aren't comparable to the Lakers, they aren't close to the same level. The Lakers signed arguably the best player ever and they shit the bed, it started with management. No excuses.

That is why their management is shitty. New York has a huge advantage over most teams in the NBA as far as dollars and destination go. They shit the bed every year. They generate the most revenue in the league. They have the cash to bypass the salary cap. They have the lure. They are easily the most mismanaged team in the NBA.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks aren't comparable to the Lakers, they aren't close to the same level. The Lakers signed arguably the best player ever and they shit the bed, it started with management. No excuses.
The Knicks failed to sign that player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

How many years did lebron wear a cavs jersey? And how many championships do they have?

Seriously junior, let the grown ups talk and just sip your juice box and stand in the corner.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Magic, (more fair than he was to the Lakers). He apparently did tell Jeanie that he has his other business interests and wouldn't be able to devote his full attention to the Lakers.

As soon as he said that, she should have moved on or he should have said that is why he couldn't take the job.

Then maybe they could have kept him around as an advisor and someone to come in and meet with top FA's. I don't care who the FA is, if they walk into a meeting and Magic and Lebron are there...that's going to be pretty impressive and help the Lakers.

But with how things ended, I don't even think they can keep him around in that capacity anymore.
all true, but not what I meant when I said Magic had many fooled. Meant he puts on a funloving persona when he's anything but towards those who report to him it seems.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But the Lakers sucked because of injuries, not because of the narrative that the media are trying to out click bait each other on.
Well, have to think not bringing in any shooters might have hurt some.