• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the Championship

Who will win the championship

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I guess you'd bring up the Lakers when they have nothing to do with the topic on hand.

Good job little buddy, you wins the internet today.

giphy.gif

Damn are you dumb. The only reason I brought them up is they're a complete mess right now, even worse than the Knicks. And here you are talking shit about another team. Your team's a dumpster fire. And yes they're in a worse situation right now than the Cavs.

Is it any wonder why I call you a dumbass?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most poorly managed team in the NBA, maybe in sports right now.

They're a complete mess right now. But that shaqdaddy character's such a dumbass she can't even see it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a complete mess right now. But that shaqdaddy character's such a dumbass she can't even see it.

Simply not true. However, because it's the Lakers, it's a big story.

BTW, the Lakers will be in the playoffs next year. If they are the biggest dumpster fire, what does that say about the other half of the league?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are the worst managed team right now. The Lakers are just getting blasted because ESPN loves to talk about them. The Lakers had a better record than 10 teams, the Cavs had a better record than 1 team and the Knicks had a better record than 0 teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply not true. However, because it's the Lakers, it's a big story.

BTW, the Lakers will be in the playoffs next year. If they are the biggest dumpster fire, what does that say about the other half of the league?

Do you mean this current Lakers roster or what the Lakers will look like after they rework the roster?

I still expect them to get what they're looking for during the off season. If it's this current roster what seed do you see them getting? My guess would be around 6 or 7. As long as the injury bug doesn't get them again.

But I think it's too early to guess what they do next year until we see what the new roster looks like.

And I have to disagree on "because it's the Lakers". Here's why. Klutch (and LeBron) deserve flack for the whole AD thing. But the organzation had to know what was going on but did nothing about it. And if they were in the dark about everything that looks bad too. They deserve some blame for the AD thing as well.

Magic just up & quit. And then he went public about all the in-house dysfunction. Bad look. Did you hear about Pelinka? There's an article on cbssports.com that said he was telling the team a story about Kobe having dinner w/ Heath Ledger. The problem is when this fake dinner story happened Ledger had already OD'd. And that dinner never happened, he made it up. The article also says that Pelinka's "penchant for 'storytelling' is viewed as disingenuous" within Lakers staff.

That too much stuff for one organization. With everything that's going on right now it would be a bad look for any franchise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean this current Lakers roster or what the Lakers will look like after they rework the roster?

I still expect them to get what they're looking for during the off season. If it's this current roster what seed do you see them getting? My guess would be around 6 or 7. As long as the injury bug doesn't get them again.

But I think it's too early to guess what they do next year until we see what the new roster looks like.

And I have to disagree on "because it's the Lakers". Here's why. Klutch (and LeBron) deserve flack for the whole AD thing. But the organzation had to know what was going on but did nothing about it. And if they were in the dark about everything that looks bad too. They deserve some blame for the AD thing as well.

Magic just up & quit. And then he went public about all the in-house dysfunction. Bad look. Did you hear about Pelinka? There's an article on cbssports.com that said he was telling the team a story about Kobe having dinner w/ Heath Ledger. The problem is when this fake dinner story happened Ledger had already OD'd. And that dinner never happened, he made it up. The article also says that Pelinka's "penchant for 'storytelling' is viewed as disingenuous" within Lakers staff.

That too much stuff for one organization. With everything that's going on right now it would be a bad look for any franchise.

Yeah, I heard all that. Pelinka's not going to be around long anyway IMO. Not sure what lying about a dinner means to anything, basketball wise, other than some false braggadocio, which sports are full of anyway. The AD thing blew up because the Pels GM leaked all the offers (and was subsequently fired). Magic never should've been hired in the first place; that's the REAL problem. Same with Pelinka.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard all that. Pelinka's not going to be around long anyway IMO. Not sure what lying about a dinner means to anything, basketball wise, other than some false braggadocio, which sports are full of anyway. The AD thing blew up because the Pels GM leaked all the offers (and was subsequently fired). Magic never should've been hired in the first place; that's the REAL problem. Same with Pelinka.

I mentioned the Pelinka thing because I thought it was interesting that people in the organaztion have an issue w/ his storytelling. Odd way for a GM to act.

If he's replaced this summer is there someone you'd like to see take the job? As far a Magic. Because of who he is I thought @ the time it was a great decision to hire him. But I don't think anyone saw something like this happening.

In the end this will be fixed & the Lakers will be fine.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned the Pelinka thing because I thought it was interesting that people in the organaztion have an issue w/ his storytelling. Odd way for a GM to act.

If he's replaced this summer is there someone you'd like to see take the job? As far a Magic. Because of who he is I thought @ the time it was a great decision to hire him. But I don't think anyone saw something like this happening.

I remember Magic when he tried coaching. I figured it would end in a similar manner. It lasted longer, but did pretty much. Favorite player of all time, but shouldn't be anything more than an advisor in day-to-day basketball operations.

I hope Pelinka is fired today lol, but I doubt he will be this year unless he really screws something up. Lakers need someone to come in and clean house. Who? Don't know.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Magic when he tried coaching. I figured it would end in a similar manner. It lasted longer, but did pretty much. Favorite player of all time, but shouldn't be anything more than an advisor in day-to-day basketball operations.

I hope Pelinka is fired today lol, but I doubt he will be this year unless he really screws something up. Lakers need someone to come in and clean house. Who? Don't know.

Forgot about Magic's coaching tenure. Yeah that wasn't good. As far as Pelinka I just don't see how he's not fired. But have no clue (like you) who they would go after.

Like I've mentioned before I only talk trash about the Lakers because I'm a Celtics fan. Outside of that have nothing but respect for the history of the franchise.

And while I hated the Showtime Lakers when they played the Celtics Magic to this day is still my 2nd favorite player all time. My all time favorite is Larry Legend.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like reminding people that the Cavs pulled off the greatest Finals comeback in history.:heh: Some folks don't like to hear that fact.

Ouch, low blow. Hey, c'mon. As the Bucks, Celtics, and Blazers proved this year, losing 3 in a row in the playoffs isn't a big deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that when they were healthy, the Lakers were sitting at the #4 spot in the West and folks were starting to say they would make the WCF, I'd say they could make the playoffs with the current roster if they stay healthy.

Ftr, had they stayed healthy, I don't believe that they would have maintained the #4 spot. But I don't think they'd have finished lower than 6th.

Having said that, I don't want them to try to prove me right by standing pat though. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could have been a great decision, but Magic wasn't putting in the work to make it a great decision.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I would have hired him as an advisor and brought him in to help close FA's. But nothing with any real responsibility. Not because I don't think he could do the job if fully engaged in it. But because he simply doesn't have the kind of time he would need to be fully engaged.

I hope Pelinka is fired today lol, but I doubt he will be this year unless he really screws something up.

Most seem to think that even if the Lakers don't land or trade for any top players, he's safe through next season. But, if they are healthy and don't make the playoffs...he gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like reminding people that the Cavs pulled off the greatest Finals comeback in history.:heh: Some folks don't like to hear that fact.
Hadn't heard...someone's gonna need to tell me how that went down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter where they're at now. Where they're at now has nothing to do w/ that great comeback during the '16 Finals.

And as a Lakers fan you really shouldn't be talking trash about any teams. Because that team of yours is a complete trainwreck right now.
Yep....Browns dominance in the 40s and 50s mean as much now as Lakers' runs from a decade ago.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are the worst managed team right now. The Lakers are just getting blasted because ESPN loves to talk about them. The Lakers had a better record than 10 teams, the Cavs had a better record than 1 team and the Knicks had a better record than 0 teams.
But the Cavs tried to suck, and the Lakers, well, didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably.....will say I was fooled by Magic's persona.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Cavs tried to suck, and the Lakers, well, didn't.
They won't be competitive in the 2019-2020 season either.
I do agree that the NBA is the one league where tanking is the only way for some teams to challenge for a championship. The Pacers are proof of that. They are well run and put a competitive team out almost every season. Made the playoffs 8 of the last 9 seasons. But since they are not a prime free agent destination, that are not in the running for the James, Durant, Davis types. They also pick in the high teens low 20's most drafts. I like that they are always in the playoffs, but I hate that they really have no chance to contend.