• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should USC go after as their next HC?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they wait till the season is over to hire a coach? If they do, that seems like it would hurt their recruiting. Of course, it would be REALLY hard to hire a good coach in the middle of the season.

I think in early December, we'll see the next USC coach named.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Now you see my pt. You mentioned in your earlier post that he turned down the SEC. I was simply pting out he was not offered an elite job in the SEC, in essence burning down your straw man. I have no idea if he would leave. My assertion was simply that 2 elite jobs are opening and people should give Jimbo a call, because he has yet to say no to an elite job opening. No need to get defensive

Let's see when he was offered the Auburn job he turned it down. FSU gave him a 3 yr extension after his first year through 2016. He ask for a 1 yr extension after this past season for no more money. The new President did not do it because there was no precedent in any conference in the country of doing another extension so quickly.

There was no strawman. I gave you facts that people outside of FSU have absolutely no clue about. You never answered my questions about why he would go to USC considering the sanctions and what he is already building at FSU.

Not defensive at all. I know people would like to have him as their HC. That is a compliment to him and his coaching. It just makes me wonder why people come up with these ideas for him at all of these schools. The only options for him will be FSU, LSU, BAMA, UGA, or UF. Nothing else makes sense at all.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see when he was offered the Auburn job he turned it down. FSU gave him a 3 yr extension after his first year through 2016. He ask for a 1 yr extension after this past season for no more money. The new President did not do it because there was no precedent in any conference in the country of doing another extension so quickly.

There was no strawman. I gave you facts that people outside of FSU have absolutely no clue about. You never answered my questions about why he would go to USC considering the sanctions and what he is already building at FSU.

Not defensive at all. I know people would like to have him as their HC. That is a compliment to him and his coaching. It just makes me wonder why people come up with these ideas for him at all of these schools. The only options for him will be FSU, LSU, BAMA, UGA, or UF. Nothing else makes sense at all.

-

Do you hear yourself? "Jumbo won't leave, he turned down the SEC." Then the next breathe "he maybe tempted to take the LSU, Bama, UGa, or UF job (imagine that, ouch)".You need to resolve the argument in your head before we continue this debate.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Do you hear yourself? "Jumbo won't leave, he turned down the SEC." Then the next breathe "he maybe tempted to take the LSU, Bama, UGa, or UF job (imagine that, ouch)".You need to resolve the argument in your head before we continue this debate.

NO argument in my head. What that means is that AT THIS TIME(Until contract is up) he will not be going anywhere. In the FUTURE he may decide he has done what he wanted to accomplish at FSU and moves on. I do not foresee another 30+ year tenure of a HC at FSU or any other school for that matter(Except Kline). Not really a viable option anymore in college football. I would like to have another 30+ yr tenure, but again not viable in today's game.

If he did end up at UF it would not sting that much. I am not sure if UF would even consider doing that though. The other schools are programs that I could see him going to if they came calling once his current contract is up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that firing folks this time of year does is start up the coaching carousel early. It gets really old for us Boise fans, we go through it every damn year.

Maybe we should start paying players. This way, the various schools wouldn't have the multiplied millions to throw around at coaching messiahs. Gasp, they'd actually have to make the best with what they have.

Can't have that, can we?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am doubting that. Broncos said they will not allow anyone ot speak with Del Rio until the season is over. Can USC afford to go until Feb without a new coach??

Doubting what? He's the odds on favorite. Someone making those odds has their reasons.

I agree with the odd makers. :lol:

That being said anyone betting money on something like this is insane. Or at least needs to get into a gamblers anonymous clinic.