• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the most surprising player through 9 games?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the most surprising player through 9 games?

There are a few candidates here:
Joe Flacco - I was never a fan but I was surprised how bad he played. I didn't expect great things, but he underachieved even from my expectations.

Noah Fant - I think several people including my self expected better performances from him early, but the last 2 games he played pretty well. Hope there is more of that to come.

Von Miller - Surprising quiet. Chubb getting hurt doesn't help.

Davontae Harris - He has played pretty well for a guys that was what the 5th or 6th CB at the beginning of the year.

Issac Yaidum - Didn't show the growth that I had hoped and was a liability.

Alexander Johnson - Has been pretty good since joining the starting lineup. I know Fangio said that he has made some mistakes that were not taken advantage of by the opponents, but not sure anything more could be asked of the man.

De'Vante Bausby - He played pretty well before the injury. Hopefully he can fully recover and contribute next year.

Cortland Sutton - He really has been the primary receiving threat even when Sanders was here. Nice to see, but I didn't expect him to play this well.

Dalton Risner - I thought the kid would be good, but I didn't think he would be this good this early.

Daesean Hamilton - He has had some opportunities to contribute and done next to nothing with them. With Patrick coming back he may end up on the outside looking in next year.

My pick has to be Davontae Harris though. He has been good and continues to improve.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it has to be AJ Johnson. No offense to Todd Davis and Josey Jewell(especially since I've met him and was able to get a picture with him) but we were pretty bad at MLB before Johnson stepped up. Johnson at least gives us some speed and coverage that Jewell severely lacked and can actually tackle which Davis could use some tips on.

Also a shoutout to Kareem Jackson and especially Justin Simmons. Simmons may very well be our best defender and Jackson has been a great pickup.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Davontae Harris and I will add Mike Purcell to the discussion too ..

Purcell stepped right in after the embarrassing game vs the Jags/Fournette and was a difference maker and added some fire to that D line ..

I had really hoped that this was what AJ would show, and thankfully he got his shot … Same with De'Vante Bausby -- I hope that his recovery goes well - it would be great to see him back on the field for a number of reasons ..

And after so many lackluster years in kick and punt returns, Diontae Spencer has been really good .. He's got some pop, plus, as far as actually catching a punt, he's pretty confident … Hopefully he can be like a turbo-charged Jordan Norwood for us for a few years ..

I hate to say this, but put this down in the "shocked" category : The Disappearance Of Von Miller … at least in the way he could take over on certain drives … He game has just shrunk, and it's not just the expectations because of what Mack did with Fangio last season … Miller just looks easily controlled out there, he no longer brings that "man amongst boys" vibe ...

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles he still doesn't think he does anything wrong after 9 games.