• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which one of these QB's would you rather have?

Which QB would you rather have right now?

• Anthony Richardson

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Will Levis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Nix

• Hendon Hooker

• Kenny Pickett

• Desmond Ridder

• Malik Willis

• Matt Corrall

• Michael Penix Jr

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • JJ McCarthy

• Bryce Young (I know we didn't have a shot but he's definitely a bust)

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lots to give up but got the QBoF and so far Stroud is off to a good start and making guys like Nico Collins and Tank Dell names defenses have to prepare for. Fun to think about the what ifs but I'm also good with Spoon, Njigba, Murphy and the other later round picks we have. I assume we'll run with Howell for a year or 2 while Mac continues to reshape the roster through draft and JS through FA.

Yeah. My view was that I was perfectly fine with them drafting someone if they fell to us but I wasn't keen on moving up for one.

Hopefully Howell has some upside. He's still pretty young so I think there is some reason for hope.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. My view was that I was perfectly fine with them drafting someone if they fell to us but I wasn't keen on moving up for one.

Hopefully Howell has some upside. He's still pretty young so I think there is some reason for hope.
So keep waiting for a QB to fall to Seahawks? Hasn't happened since RW for the Seahawks in 2012 so maybe the Seahawks are due for some luck? With Geno the Seahawks were 9-8 2022, 9-8 2023 and the Seahawks are off to a 3-3 start 2024. Many fans felt there were other needs to be addressed like the defense and OL and by not moving up for a QB (or drafting one at all) meant they could fix these area's in the draft. Well....the OL is a mess and the defense hasn't been looking good. We got Sam Howell to look forward too? Oh goody.:tsk:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So keep waiting for a QB to fall to Seahawks? Hasn't happened since RW for the Seahawks in 2012 so maybe the Seahawks are due for some luck? With Geno the Seahawks were 9-8 2022, 9-8 2023 and the Seahawks are off to a 3-3 start 2024. Many fans felt there were other needs to be addressed like the defense and OL and by not moving up for a QB (or drafting one at all) meant they could fix these area's in the draft. Well....the OL is a mess and the defense hasn't been looking good. We got Sam Howell to look forward too? Oh goody.:tsk:

Again, the track record for trading up for a QB is not great. There are some hits certainly but some crippling misses as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the track record for trading up for a QB is not great. There are some hits certainly but some crippling misses as well.
So keep hoping a QB falls to them I guess. What's the track record on that?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,579.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loaded RB room that is in the bottom of the league in running effectiveness. I guess that's because of Geno.

when you run 5 times a game you think thats on the RB? Dont be a complete Moron. 102 yards in the Giants game but only 11 attempts. 133 yards rushing in the Lions game only 19 attempts but they had Geno throw it 56 times. Hey guess what the average yards per pass and rush were? Thats right 6 yards per pass and GOD DAMN 7 yard per rush. Our RB were gaining more yards per play than our QB was per pass But NOOO they throw the god damn ball 56 god damn times. So in a fact yes Geno is holding back our rushing game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So keep hoping a QB falls to them I guess. What's the track record on that?

Everytime we have this discussion and I ask you for how much you are willing to actually give up to move you always demur.

No. Giving up 3 1st round picks to move up a few slots in hopes that a QB will be an all-pro QB is not worth the risk to me. Of course with hindsight things get much easier.

Reactions: MrS

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you run 5 times a game you think thats on the RB? Dont be a complete Moron. 102 yards in the Giants game but only 11 attempts. 133 yards rushing in the Lions game only 19 attempts but they had Geno throw it 56 times. Hey guess what the average yards per pass and rush were? Thats right 6 yards per pass and GOD DAMN 7 yard per rush. Our RB were gaining more yards per play than our QB was per pass But NOOO they throw the god damn ball 56 god damn times. So in a fact yes Geno is holding back our rushing game.

Yes. We had 102 rushing yards against the Giants. Of which 72 of those yards were Geno Smith. Kenneth Walker had 5 carriers for 19 yards. Charbs 2 carries for 11 yards. Against the Niners the RBs had 19 carries for 52 yards. Funny how you didn't mention that. Why are you being so intentionally dishonest?

Tampa has been more effective at running the ball.

You can't run the ball if your defense can't get off the field. It was true when Pete was coach. It's true now. It will be true in the future.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,759.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody and I mean nobody here was for any QB from the 2022 class which had no QB talent but you list 4 of them from that craptastic class leaving out Sam Howell for some reason. You say you left off Stroud because the Seahawks had no shot at him( debatable) yet you list Young (who you think we had no shot at).It's almost like your trying to lead us somewhere with the choices you limit us to.
You obviously took up an offense. I never mentioned anything about that.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading into #1 to draft a QB is that if the QB is a legit talent worth going first overall nobody is trading that away.
Look at manning in 2026, i would give it all to have that top pick but whatever team has it will hold on to it for dear life
So the only way youre trading into #1 is if its a risk and thats a huuuuuge risk to be taking. This is what Carolina did and it blew up in their faces bigly

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime we have this discussion and I ask you for how much you are willing to actually give up to move you always demur.
Well it depends on who is available in the particular draft. I like what Andy Reid did to draft Mahomes. Chiefs were one pick behind the Seahawks, so pick 27, he traded 2 firsts and a third to move up to the 10 slot and nab Mahomes. Seahawks meanwhile traded down that year and drafted Malik McDowell. Yippee. Bet Schneider thought that was the safer route, less risky because he only fucked up a second round pick.
My stance is if you see a elite prospect at QB you pay the toll. Schneider talked a lot how he liked Mahomes but he didn't have the balls to do what Andy did, instead he hoped somehow Mahomes would fall to him. Schneider FUBAR that draft Andy crushed it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading into #1 to draft a QB is that if the QB is a legit talent worth going first overall nobody is trading that away.
Look at manning in 2026, i would give it all to have that top pick but whatever team has it will hold on to it for dear life
So the only way youre trading into #1 is if its a risk and thats a huuuuuge risk to be taking. This is what Carolina did and it blew up in their faces bigly
Yeah looked what Panther could of did, take C.J. Stroud a legit talent at QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it depends on who is available in the particular draft. I like what Andy Reid did to draft Mahomes. Chiefs were one pick behind the Seahawks, so pick 27, he traded 2 firsts and a third to move up to the 10 slot and nab Mahomes. Seahawks meanwhile traded down that year and drafted Malik McDowell. Yippee. Bet Schneider thought that was the safer route, less risky because he only fucked up a second round pick.
My stance is if you see a elite prospect at QB you pay the toll. Schneider talked a lot how he liked Mahomes but he didn't have the balls to do what Andy did, instead he hoped somehow Mahomes would fall to him. Schneider FUBAR that draft Andy crushed it.

Every draft is easy in hindsight. Mahomes was a high risk move that paid off as best as anyone could hope. In that same draft the Bears traded up one spot to get Mitch Trubisky.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every draft is easy in hindsight. Mahomes was a high risk move that paid off as best as anyone could hope. In that same draft the Bears traded up one spot to get Mitch Trubisky.
The odds on standing pat and being able to draft a franchise QB are long unless your picking at the top of the draft. You want to remain a 500 team?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah looked what Panther could of did, take C.J. Stroud a legit talent at QB.
He wasnt a sure thing. If chicago thought he was they keep that pick and take him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds on standing pat and being able to draft a franchise QB are long unless your picking at the top of the draft. You want to remain a 500 team?
Im not against trading up, but it is a catch 22 and requires a hefty amount of luck

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Bears could have taken Mahomes. And the Jets could have taken Josh Allen.

Hindisght is easy.
Yes it is. Hindsight shows that the Seahawks need to make a move at QB if they want to be a contender. Don't think this next draft class is the right one to make that move, but it's early.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You keep creating a false dilemma.

Yes I would love to trade up and get Patrick Mahomes. Except there is no way of knowing that the player you trade up for is going to be Patrick Mahomes and the odds are far more likely that he won't.

The odds of drafting a franchise QB are long no matter what you do. Giving up draft picks in hopes to do so just weakens the rest of your team. Unless you have a crystal ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. Hindsight shows that the Seahawks need to make a move at QB if they want to be a contender. Don't think this next draft class is the right one to make that move, but it's early.

Again, I don't have a problem with drafting a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still take Penix. I have some concerns about his injuries, but Penix was far and away the best arm in the draft.