• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which FA WR would you rather have?

Which FA WR do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Growing up in the Bay Area we had hockey for only a little while, then it was gone until the Sharks arrived. There were few to no outlets for youth leagues. I do know of the cost, however, and your parents seem quite cool to support three boys playing hockey - very cool!

That would be your California Golden Seals. I remember going to a few of their games as a kid which in turn caused me to join a youth hockey league as well. They shared the Warriors arena.

On topic... give me Vincent Jackson or if Peyton makes his way out here I would grab Wayne. As good as he is , I don't think MeSean would pan out well for the 49ers.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
#1 Vincent Jackson without question

Colston
DeSean

If we can draft a big vertical threat then we should make a play for DeSean...he's a little smart ass, but damn he's good. Can we get rid of Crabtree...please?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just to throw it out there: might it be a good idea to offer Mike Wallace a high enough contract that the Steelers might not match? It would cost the 30th pick, but Wallace is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL.

Really liked that pick from day 1 by the way, but he was even better than I thought he'd be.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw it out there: might it be a good idea to offer Mike Wallace a high enough contract that the Steelers might not match? It would cost the 30th pick, but Wallace is one of the most talented WRs in the NFL.

Really liked that pick from day 1 by the way, but he was even better than I thought he'd be.

Do it

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forecasting the franchise tags | ProFootballTalk

If this holds true, Welker, Stevie J. and DJax would be the only FA WR's franchised leaving Bowe, VJax, and Wallace as being still in the mix to sign. I'd be ecstatic with any of those 3 as the 49ers #1 WR and Crabs as the #2 WR.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forecasting the franchise tags | ProFootballTalk

If this holds true, Welker, Stevie J. and DJax would be the only FA WR's franchised leaving Bowe, VJax, and Wallace as being still in the mix to sign. I'd be ecstatic with any of those 3 as the 49ers #1 WR and Crabs as the #2 WR.

I wouldn't want Welker. He's older, and I think that he is putting up huge numbers because of the system and Brady. If he came to the Niners I think his numbers would shrink drastically. Djax is just an asshole. I think he has a serious case of little man syndrome. I would love to get Stevie J. He seems like he's just immature and can hopefully grow up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All this time, I didn't know that that was the reason why you had that up there.

I was Co-founder of the I-Hated-the-Niners-Picking-Crabby-at-#10 club back in 2009, so the masses (who loved the pick) accused me of hoping he'd fail. So I made the avatar to show that I'll support him as long as his laundry is red & gold.

I wanted Orakpo. :(

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was Co-founder of the I-Hated-the-Niners-Picking-Crabby-at-#10 club back in 2009, so the masses (who loved the pick) accused me of hoping he'd fail. So I made the avatar to show that I'll support him as long as his laundry is red & gold.

I wanted Orakpo.
:(

We all did. Well, most of us did.

That was the concensus I was getting once BJ Rhaji came off the board right before we had a chance to make our selection.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want Welker. He's older, and I think that he is putting up huge numbers because of the system and Brady. If he came to the Niners I think his numbers would shrink drastically. Djax is just an asshole. I think he has a serious case of little man syndrome. I would love to get Stevie J. He seems like he's just immature and can hopefully grow up.

Agreed on Welker. VJax has a bit of a tude, but I love his big-play ability, hands, and redzone dominance. I like Stevie J. too and he did spend some time in the bay area, but I keep hearing the Bills will either franchise him or sign him to a long-termish deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We all did. Well, most of us did.

That was the concensus I was getting once BJ Rhaji came off the board right before we had a chance to make our selection.

Not true! I'd say 8 out of 10 people, if not more, on the old forum were celebrating the pick and trashing those of us who said he was overrated. It was bad.

Most of the time if you tell someone their team made poor draft Crabtree pick and the whole room goes red like in Kill Bill.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not true! I'd say 8 out of 10 people, if not more, on the old forum were celebrating the pick and trashing those of us who said he was overrated. It was bad.

Most of the time if you tell someone their team made poor draft Crabtree pick and the whole room goes red like in Kill Bill.

I agree with this. Those of us who didn't like the pick we're in the minority, and it really wasn't close. 4 out of 5 is probably a conservative estimate.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only people I remember who were really against the pick where imac, Sickness, Pozz, and myself.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only people I remember who were really against the pick where imac, Sickness, Pozz, and myself.

i can't help but ask........which of you REALLY didn't like the pick, REALLY hated it right after we picked?

back then you may not have liked the pick but didn't hate it. but NOW its too easy to say "i really hated it".

if you go back prior to the 2009 draft, Crabtree was considered a top 5 pick by almost everyone. so when he fell to #10 it wasn't such a bad choice.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i can't help but ask........which of you REALLY didn't like the pick, REALLY hated it right after we picked?

back then you may not have liked the pick but didn't hate it. but NOW its too easy to say "i really hated it".

if you go back prior to the 2009 draft, Crabtree was considered a top 5 pick by almost everyone. so when he fell to #10 it wasn't such a bad choice.

I, Clyde & imac hated the pick; that much I remember. I know Pozz didn't like the pick, but I don't remember how much...

I said Crabby's ceiling was TJ Houshmanzaheh on draft day and spent the rest of the draft talking about how pissed off I was. It was beyond me how someone could leave so many other superior players on the board.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sick, Clyde and I were extremely against it right away. We were criticizing the pick before it happened.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it the more I say go after Wallace

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'll definitely attest that the mentioned guys were very opposed to the pick. What I don't recall is lots of people loving it. Quite a few felt ambivalent about it. Speaking for myself, I didn't like it very much initially. As memory serves, I had Raji first (obviously he was gone) and Orakpo second.