• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which FA WR would you rather have?

Which FA WR do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Colston is the best bet since he won't settle for a discount in NO, the man wants to get paid and we can give him the cash. The Saints will probably re-sign Meachem since his asking price is cheaper and because Jimmy Graham has come onto the scene.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeSean's free agency
8:25 AM ET
DeSean Jackson | Eagles | Interested: 49ers?, Browns?

Recently, sources indicated to the Philadelphia Daily News that there was a significant divide between the self-valuation of impending free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson and the valuation from the perspective of the Philadelphia Eagles. Though Jackson has indicated he'd be cool with getting the franchise tag, it is not believed that the team is willing to pay him $9.4 million on a one-year pact for the 2012 campaign. Eagles head coach Andy Reid spoke to the media on Tuesday and thoroughly explained the team's plans for DeSean.

Oh wait, not that. The opposite of that.

"I was proud of DeSean for standing up," Reid declared, per Bo Wulf of PhiladelphiaEagles.com. "I thought he matured and showed maturity this season. I think he's done that every year he's been here. But he showed it, he stood up and admitted to everybody that he didn't handle things the right way. I will tell you the last six games, he did a nice job for us. I was proud of him for that. We're going through all of that right now. We're looking at everything right now. We haven't come to any conclusions on anything, but we're going through that. Again, you saw progress there. You saw a different attitude the last five or six games there. You've got to make sure you look at that part too."

If the Eagles don't re-sign Jackson, he's been linked to a number of teams -- and could simply opt to choose the one making the biggest offer -- but two franchises on which we'll be keeping a particular eye are the Cleveland Browns -- a WR-needy club who employ the GM that drafted Jackson, Tom Heckert -- and the San Francisco 49ers -- a WR-needy club that play their home games about 18 miles from where Jackson played collegiately.

- Tim Kavanagh

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean's free agency
8:25 AM ET
DeSean Jackson | Eagles | Interested: 49ers?, Browns?

Recently, sources indicated to the Philadelphia Daily News that there was a significant divide between the self-valuation of impending free agent wide receiver DeSean Jackson and the valuation from the perspective of the Philadelphia Eagles. Though Jackson has indicated he'd be cool with getting the franchise tag, it is not believed that the team is willing to pay him $9.4 million on a one-year pact for the 2012 campaign. Eagles head coach Andy Reid spoke to the media on Tuesday and thoroughly explained the team's plans for DeSean.

Oh wait, not that. The opposite of that.

"I was proud of DeSean for standing up," Reid declared, per Bo Wulf of PhiladelphiaEagles.com. "I thought he matured and showed maturity this season. I think he's done that every year he's been here. But he showed it, he stood up and admitted to everybody that he didn't handle things the right way. I will tell you the last six games, he did a nice job for us. I was proud of him for that. We're going through all of that right now. We're looking at everything right now. We haven't come to any conclusions on anything, but we're going through that. Again, you saw progress there. You saw a different attitude the last five or six games there. You've got to make sure you look at that part too."

If the Eagles don't re-sign Jackson, he's been linked to a number of teams -- and could simply opt to choose the one making the biggest offer -- but two franchises on which we'll be keeping a particular eye are the Cleveland Browns -- a WR-needy club who employ the GM that drafted Jackson, Tom Heckert -- and the San Francisco 49ers -- a WR-needy club that play their home games about 18 miles from where Jackson played collegiately.

- Tim Kavanagh

He's not going to get the huge contract he wants from us. I just have a hard time seeing Baalke giving him a huge deal. He seems to be all about guys he can get the best bang for his buck. I'm sure DeSean would like to come back to cali, but i don't see it happening for the price he is most likely asking.

The good thing about him is he covers our return needs without having to take up another roster spot.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is something about a receiver like him being released from a pass happy offense like Philly's that just screams 'danger'...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is something about a receiver like him being released from a pass happy offense like Philly's that just screams 'danger'...

yep, no doubt.

but they're just saying under the right circumstances, the 49ers will take a chance. the 'right circumstance' obviously means 49er friendly contract, very friendly. i'm ok leaving it slightly open.

anyways, this is the type of receiver we might add mid round? we won't get this quality but we could use this style - quicker in shorter ranges. seems KW and Ronald Johnson were targeted for this role, just have to keep looking?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yep, no doubt.

but they're just saying under the right circumstances, the 49ers will take a chance. the 'right circumstance' obviously means 49er friendly contract, very friendly. i'm ok leaving it slightly open.

anyways, this is the type of receiver we might add mid round? we won't get this quality but we could use this style - quicker in shorter ranges. seems KW and Ronald Johnson were targeted for this role, just have to keep looking?

I don't see why we would rule Williams out at this point. He was a second-year player in a relatively run-heavy offense who put up decent numbers despite no real offseason. He disappeared in the playoffs, but our passing game - except for two passes - was nonexistent in the second game anyway. I don't see any reason to give up on him at this point.

As for the type of receiver we're looking for, I'd prefer a big body if we can get one. We have guys with pretty good size, but no receivers with great size for the position, including at TE. I think that's part of why we've struggled in the red zone.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Latest on Stevie talks
9:28AM ET
Steve Johnson | Bills

Last we'd heard on the Steve Johnson-Buffalo Bills negotiations, the two sides had talked, but Johnson's agent indicated that no contract offer had yet been made. In a report on Thursday from Rodney McKissic of the Buffalo News, there was no confirmation that an offer has been made yet, but the WR remains hopeful that he'll get something done to stay in Buffalo.

"Of course I'm hoping Buffalo will step up," Johnson declared. "But if not and I hit the market in free agency, then Buffalo is in the picture no matter what. But to be in free agency to see what other teams are saying, that's also good."

The Bills have until March 5 to make a decision on whether to place the franchise tag on Johnson, a move that would produce a one-year, $9.4 million tender offer for the WR (per NFL.com). After the tag is applied, the two sides could continue negotiating without the threat of Johnson being signed away by another team. If subsequent negotiations failed, they'd repeat this same cycle next offseason (though the tag figure would then be 120 percent of this year's value).

- Tim Kavanagh​

James WalkerStill a good chance he returns

"Both sides were apart during the season and still have to make up ground before free agency in March. I think it's 50-50 Johnson returns, but chances decrease the more both sides wait."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The tag option for DeSean
8:26AM ET
DeSean Jackson | Eagles

Wednesday the discussion on DeSean Jackson focused on two potential non-Philly destinations in free agency, and why his value as a fantasy football commodity would plummet precipitously if he landed in Cleveland or San Francisco.

But turning back to the Eagles, some have argued that the team is unlikely to use the franchise tag on DeSean, based upon the fact that it would cost the team $9.4 million for 2012, and he's not worth that much to them. But Jackson has publicly commented that he'd be fine with getting the franchise tag -- so he wouldn't hold out, as he did last preseason -- and ESPN NFC East blogger Dan Graziano isn't ready to rule out the possibility:

- Tim Kavanagh

Dan Graziano
No other real candidates for franchising

"I still think he's a goner, but there remains a chance they franchise him while they continue to work out a deal. The franchise number isn't a bad one if they can be sure he's happy with the progress on a new contract, and it's not as if they have someone else on which they desperately need to use it."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora expects the Eagles to use the franchise tag on free agent DeSean Jackson.
"He's someone that you don't just let walk," said LaCanfora. "Whether he's going to be there long-term remains to be seen, but you franchise him, then entertain trade possibilities." The franchise tag would allow the Eagles to see if Jackson takes on a much-needed attitude adjustment before the team commits to a mega contract.
Source: NFL.com
Feb 2 - 3:24 PM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Bowe - WR - Chiefs Coach Romeo Crennel confirmed that free agents Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr are the "first priority" this offseason.
"We would like to keep those guys in house," said Crennel. "We know the free agency process is a difficult thing at times." GM Scott Pioli has made similar comments, which suggests the Chiefs will make competitive offers. One of the two could end up being hit with the franchise tag.

Santonio Holmes - WR - Jets The Jets can avoid a $15 million guarantee on Santonio Holmes' contract by releasing him by February 8.
Holmes is already guaranteed $7.75 million for 2012, and owner Woody Johnson has stated unequivocally that his No. 1 receiver will be back with the Jets for next season. That sentiment will be put to the test next week with the opportunity to back away from a long-term commitment to a locker-room cancer.

Stevie Johnson - WR - Bills Free agent Stevie Johnson reiterated Wednesday that his preference is to re-sign with the Bills.
Johnson is featured in the Bills' passing game, and he might not get that treatment elsewhere even if it meant more money. "Of course I'm hoping Buffalo will step up," said Johnson, who's still only 25. "But if not and I hit the market in free agency, then Buffalo is in the picture no matter what. But to be in free agency to see what other teams are saying, that's also good."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first time sportshoopla was in my dream. I had posted a response to something, h0ckeysk83r was responding. For some reason I could see the response as it was being typed. Then I saw two hands writing what was to be typed. I tilted the laptop to see who it was, cause I wondered. And I saw a 8-10 year old asian kid writing. I suppose I could have jumped into the laptop to transport, but didn't want to enter a stranger's home, much less bedroom.

Hockey - you don't happen to be a 10 year old asian kid, would you? Lol, that was a creepy dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora expects the Eagles to use the franchise tag on free agent DeSean Jackson.
"He's someone that you don't just let walk," said LaCanfora. "Whether he's going to be there long-term remains to be seen, but you franchise him, then entertain trade possibilities." The franchise tag would allow the Eagles to see if Jackson takes on a much-needed attitude adjustment before the team commits to a mega contract.
Source: NFL.com
Feb 2 - 3:24 PM

You see once Jackson knows about this, you can't trust that there won't be a bait and switch on purpose just to get the deal. The way that the Bills rushed to get Fitz signed and Arizona to get Kolb signed, makes me think if this is hinging on attitude afjustment, they may be fooled and rush it. I would just franchise him if I were going to, and make the decision later football/money wise. I just feel the potential of attitude problems willl always be there, so you should make your decisions elsewhere. But I admit, I'm only saying this because I don't like La Canfora.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first time sportshoopla was in my dream. I had posted a response to something, h0ckeysk83r was responding. For some reason I could see the response as it was being typed. Then I saw two hands writing what was to be typed. I tilted the laptop to see who it was, cause I wondered. And I saw a 8-10 year old asian kid writing. I suppose I could have jumped into the laptop to transport, but didn't want to enter a stranger's home, much less bedroom.

Hockey - you don't happen to be a 10 year old asian kid, would you? Lol, that was a creepy dream.

Lmao far from it my friend. My screen name is that of a 10 year old but thats because i have had it since then and just refuse to change it lol. Pretty creepy indeed! lol

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lmao far from it my friend. My screen name is that of a 10 year old but thats because i have had it since then and just refuse to change it lol. Pretty creepy indeed! lol

'83...what does the '3' in your name mean or represent - I get the Hockey Skater but can't figure out the 3

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'83...what does the '3' in your name mean or represent - I get the Hockey Skater but can't figure out the 3

I guess i thought the 3 would be like the "e" in skater. I thought i was so cool back then...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess i thought the 3 would be like the "e" in skater. I thought i was so cool back then...

Dude, of course...Duh....Now that you say it, it jumps right out...my Son still uses his screen name from when he was a kid as well...so when you made your 'since I was 10 years old' comment it made me think of him...So did/do you play hockey?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, of course...Duh....Now that you say it, it jumps right out...my Son still uses his screen name from when he was a kid as well...so when you made your 'since I was 10 years old' comment it made me think of him...So did/do you play hockey?

Yea played from about 6th grade to end of high school. Not playing right now, but i would like too again. I outgrew a lot of my gear so that will be pretty expensive and joining the league isnt cheap either. Costs an arm and a leg,not sure how my parents did it for me and my 2 brothers.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea played from about 6th grade to end of high school. Not playing right now, but i would like too again. I outgrew a lot of my gear so that will be pretty expensive and joining the league isnt cheap either. Costs an arm and a leg,not sure how my parents did it for me and my 2 brothers.

A friend from many years ago skated well into his 50's...Think the Rangers will go far in the playoffs this year? Their looking pretty tough to this point...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend from many years ago skated well into his 50's...Think the Rangers will go far in the playoffs this year? Their looking pretty tough to this point...

I sure hope so, looking pretty solid this year. Just gotta fix the power play and get some more offense going. When you got Lundqvist back there a win is always possible, Biron playing real good as a backup too.

Got a favorite team?