• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which FA WR would you rather have?

Which FA WR do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean scares me because of his concussion history, the NFL took that out of the hands of the players and organization. His big-play potential and all that makes him tempting no doubt, but he's just one tackle away from being shut down for the season the way Jahvid Best was this past year.

I know you can argue that is true for any injury, such as ACL or Achilles, but those tend to be fluke injuries where guys land awkwardly or get caught in pile ups. Concussions on the other hand can happen anytime DeSean touches the ball and gets hit... plus as the Giants bragged about with Kyle Williams... teams go after guys with Concussions and try to knock them out of the game.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer V.Jackson, but I have a feeling that the Chargers will franchise tag him. The Saints will probably resign Brees and Colston. I don't care much about DeSean Jackson. As Crimson noted, A. Smith is not very accurate with the deep throws and that would be a recipe for disaster. Bowe would likely be the WR that the Niners can go after. He's a big target and definitely an upgrade over Crabtree.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bowe as the most likely to be franchised. They really dont have another #1 reciever ready unless they pursue that in the draft...

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer V.Jackson, but I have a feeling that the Chargers will franchise tag him. The Saints will probably resign Brees and Colston. I don't care much about DeSean Jackson. As Crimson noted, A. Smith is not very accurate with the deep throws and that would be a recipe for disaster. Bowe would likely be the WR that the Niners can go after. He's a big target and definitely an upgrade over Crabtree.
I read online that the Chargers are going to try to resign VJ to a long term contract as soon as The Super Bowl is over. He is a big target though I would love to have him here.

I would love to have Dwayne Bowe here also. Him and VD would be awesome.

A part of me is worried that Colston won't be the same without Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

And Desean Jackson I wouldn't mind having here but he would be my last choice. He is an explosive behavior but the last thing this team needs is negativity around the locker room.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers would be smart to sign him to a long-term deal. I think that if the Niners sign Colston, A. Smith would likely trust him more than any of our WR's. He might actually believe that Colston will make a play and possibly take a bit more risks.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fellows, we run a west coast offense. We need a WR that excels in YAC and that could also go deep. Both DeSean and Bowe fits that mold. Other than this year, DeSean was known to take a short pass and outrun everyone on defense. This year for some reason, they got enamored in trying to hit him with deep balls only. They didn't take advantage of his talent in being able to make people miss (quickness / agility) and then outrun people. Harbaugh would implement plays for Desean that would make us view him in a different light.

As for Bowe, he too has the ability to take a short pass for a long gain. He has deceptive speed and is deadly in press coverage (you try to jam him and you will pay for it). Colston IMO is the worse of this group. He would not be able to play a 16 game season. He and Vincent are elite level when it comes to ball skills and outjumping dbs. Coltson is not bad in that area but he's far from being considered an elite player in that area. Coltson is a very good wr but I notice that he is somewhat overrated as well.

I would go:
D. Bowe
D. Jackson
V. Jackson
M. Colston

That's my order too

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time Djax ran over the middle?

Depends how much money Djax is demanding, at first I would be against going after him but his speed element is a great game changer to have....

but his attitude needs to get check along with his work habits. He needs to work hard and cut off that dumb crap on the field like he did in the past. Actually after saying that, no way!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these guys have big-time talent, and they all have some red flags. I go Colston because, when healthy, I think he offers the most for our team. He's a huge target, makes the tough catches, and is a good teammate so far as I know. The only red flag - granted it's a big one - is his injury history. Bowe is very talented, but he's got shaky hands and is a bit of a head case. I'd rank V. Jackson second. He's probably the most physically talented of this bunch, but I also question the head on his shoulders. As long as Smith is our QB, I don't think adding D. Jackson does much of anything. Smith won't hit the deep ball consistently anyway. Factor in DeSean's inconsistency, and it's a recipe for a lot of missed opportunities.

I can see this. But I think it's somewhat mitigated by who we have on our roster. Alex did get slightly better as the season progressed, KW pass notwithstanding, on deep(er) passes. He has been hesitant to take risks, but with someone like the Jacksons, he might take more risks. Harbaugh may allow more risks now that we will have a full off-season to learn the offense pat, though I know he won't go all out Martz on us and Smith is no Favre in risk taking.

I felt the risk he took in the Ravens game to Edwards was because of who Edwards is and what he is known for - he threw a pass that he thought Edwards could win the battle (provided that he went inside, not outside of the defender). Perhaps he could trust a big name with a full off-season, unlike what he's getting with Crabtree. I bet Alex will beef up more this offseason (though I know this doesn't really add arm strength as in deeper throws) and will work on deep passes, too (though there is nothing like real games to get experience). I hope we get someone early in the offseason who is a hard worker. Alex can work however hard he wants but without a partner it's hard to improve that much.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought most people here were down on receivers who drop the ball? Bowe has bad hands and DeSean is a douche so I will go with VJax.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it's Bowe. He's the best red zone target of the bunch and should only get better. Vincent Jackson was one of my favorite players a couple of years ago, but he's more concerned with money than producing on the field. DeSean is a head case, but a solid deep threat if he can beat press coverage. Colston is solid when healthy, but i still think Brees made him look better than he is. When you have perfect ball placement (like the TD catch against us) you better make the play.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go:
D Bowe
S. Johnson
V. Jackson
M. Colston

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that Bowe isn't franchised, I would like to see us make a run for Bowe over Colston, although it's almost 1 vs. 1a to me.

The one guy I would like us to make a run for in addition to Bowe or Colston....and hear me out on this....is TO. One year removed from a torn ACL, broke, desperate. That reads like a vet minimum, incentive laden one year deal that can easily be cut if he were to act up. This is a simple risk/reward situation...and we bring him in from the beginning as opposed to mid/late season like people were thinking when Edwards got cut. If he acts the fool, he gets dropped plain and simple. If he's ineffective, he gets dropped. If he is effective, our top three becomes TO, Colston/Bowe, Crabtree in the slot, where I believe he is best suited for. That's a pretty impressive threesome.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This may sound crazy to some. Let's say Bowe is franchised. Now that most likely our 1st rounders are going to suck in the future. Would it be worth it to give the 2 1st rounders for a premiere WR?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This may sound crazy to some. Let's say Bowe is franchised. Now that most likely our 1st rounders are going to suck in the future. Would it be worth it to give the 2 1st rounders for a premiere WR?

For the offense we played this year - absolutely not.

If it is Harbaugh's intention to open up our offense to match those of the elite offenses - then I think it is worth some consideration.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

is he premier?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think Bowe is clearly the guy who would help the most. He's one of those guys who causes pain in opposing DBs. The Niners need to be built to score inside the 20. Crabby's good in the red zone, IMO, because his arms are so long. Bowe's shown the ability to get good position and power his way in the end zone like Michael Irvin...

Vincent Jackson is ideally the best one, but his stupidity out-weighs his slight athletic advantage over Bowe IMO.

That said I don't think Bowe or Jackson are going anywhere.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we Have them all at the vet minimum? :drink: