• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Lilliard get traded to?

What team will Lilliard get traded to?

• New York Knicks

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Lakers

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 76ers

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Heat

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't because the Lakers don't have the kind of 1st round picks that the Blazers would want and picks in the 20's ain't it.

However, who will have high picks that Dame will want to go to? I'm guessing nobody other than maybe the Warriors. They'll have picks in closer drafts, but still near the end of round 1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to do that. Trading Bam to acquire Dame doesn't make sense. Leaves them in a similar position and doesn't improve them much. Knicks, Sixers, and Celtics have a much better chance imo

What are the Knicks going to trade that won't leave Dame alone on the roster?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, who will have high picks that Dame will want to go to? I'm guessing nobody other than maybe the Warriors. They'll have picks in closer drafts, but still near the end of round 1.

spurs??

murray
White
12 is higher than most other teams can offer

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, if they only have $25 million, then yeah, that wouldn't be better than what he has now other than it being in the East. so he'd at least get out of the first round. I thought they were looking at having enough to sign an actual star.

What pieces do the Knicks have to trade for Dame? If they can't match salary, that cap space is going to diminish considerably if they can even put together a package that interests the Blazers. The only Knick making even close to half of what Dame is would be Randle.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spurs??

murray
White
12 is higher than most other teams can offer
But why would Dame leave the Blazers for a situation that is arguably further away from competing for championships than where Portland is right now?

That’s the thing in assessing this. Once Dame wants out, there’s a short list of about 5-8 franchises that he would actually want to go to. A good number of those become less appealing to go to once a Dame move is completed. For example, is Boston closer adding Dame but subtracting Brown and Smart? Or you have a scenario like the Lakers were you look at the assets and it isn’t anything Portland wants back. History says that these things usually result in a two team race with one that stands out among the rest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. That's why Dame to the Lakers is extremely unlikely to happen. The Lakers can't deliver the quality of players that some others can (they don't have a Simmons, for example) and they can't make up the difference with better draft picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pieces do the Knicks have to trade for Dame? If they can't match salary, that cap space is going to diminish considerably if they can even put together a package that interests the Blazers. The only Knick making even close to half of what Dame is would be Randle.

I read where it looks like the Knicks will have "north of $50 million" available in cap space this off-season. So they could conceivably add another high level player to Dame and Randle. But yeah, as far as who they could send back that the Blazers would want...:noidea:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where it looks like the Knicks will have "north of $50 million" available in cap space this off-season. So they could conceivably add another high level player to Dame and Randle. But yeah, as far as who they could send back that the Blazers would want...:noidea:
Much of that space goes away in a Dame acquisition though. They need to have the salary to bring him back. So let’s do a hypothetical. Portland won’t want him but let’s say the cornerstone of the trade is Derrick Rose. Knicks would have to sign and trade him and now that eats away at some of that projected space. At the end of the day, a Dame move would give them 20-25 million to play with. That allows them to add an Aaron Gordon or Schroeder type to go with Randle and Dame. Is that going to even get them out of the East?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of that space goes away in a Dame acquisition though. They need to have the salary to bring him back. So let’s do a hypothetical. Portland won’t want him but let’s say the cornerstone of the trade is Derrick Rose. Knicks would have to sign and trade him and now that eats away at some of that projected space. At the end of the day, a Dame move would give them 20-25 million to play with. That allows them to add an Aaron Gordon or Schroeder type to go with Randle and Dame. Is that going to even get them out of the East?

Dame, Randle and Gordon or Schroder would be pretty formidable...but yeah, they'd have to do real well in the "vets chasing a ring" department to get out of the East.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have loads of cap room.

That's because they only have a handful of players under contract. If they trade their only 2 trade assets (as players) for Dame, who's he playing with and why would he want to be there? Just for Pops who is going to retire in the very near future?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that is dumb.

Portland wouldn’t do that first of all.

2nd, at his age, if he doesn’t like where he is dealt he can just retire.

3rd, and perhaps most importantly, you just can’t trade an icon like LeBron unless he wants to be traded. He doesn’t have a no trade clause, but he doesn’t need one. He is in control.
So, basically Portland would’ve been taking one for the league.

Shit, I’d have done it if it meant that selve-serving, manipulative asshole no longer being in the NBA. Not only that, the whole world be exposed to his true colors if he got traded and refused to play for the Blazers…

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I’d have done it if it meant that selve-serving, manipulative asshole no longer being in the NBA. Not only that, the whole world be exposed to his true colors if he got traded and refused to play for the Blazers…
Obsessed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a stupid, unrealistic trade idea that neither team would even consider.

No reason to discuss it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be cool if they kept Lillard and somehow convinced leonard to come to Portland and they joined up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smith is reporting that Dame’s first choice is the Knicks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A Smith is reporting that Dame’s first choice is the Knicks.

That seems like a Dame thing to do.

He views himself like a LeBron. He can go to a market like NY and attract other stars to join him.

Not sure if he can, but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

Knicks should trade every asset they have for Dame and clear their cap space for 2022 to sign another star or 2 to play with him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a Dame thing to do.

He views himself like a LeBron. He can go to a market like NY and attract other stars to join him.

Not sure if he can, but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

Knicks should trade every asset they have for Dame and clear their cap space for 2022 to sign another star or 2 to play with him.
One of the names mentioned by Stephen A that Dame is going to recruit is Embiid, haha. Just come play with Embiid now. The Knicks is where the career of star players go to die.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the names mentioned by Stephen A that Dame is going to recruit is Embiid, haha. Just come play with Embiid now. The Knicks is where the career of star players go to die.

They have never really had that guy though.

Melo and Marbury were frauds. Good players, but also very overrated in terms of impact.

I do think Dame is the right type of player to do it there, but he would need a lot of help and Knick FO/ownership is very underwhelming.