• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is all the Kaep criticism now?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can not beat the seahawks with a stay in the pocket QB like Manning or Brees, they kill them. You need a guy like Kaep to move the sticks with his legs. Kaep looked a hell of a lot better then Manning did, and Kaep was playing in Seattle not on a neutral field. Hope all the dumb asses keep their mouth shut for a while now. Manning had 2 int's and what 2 fumbles? And he has a lot more weapons then Kaep does. As I said last week and I will say it again after watching the SB, CK is top 10 QB in this league right now, haters move your ass to the back of the bus.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To be fair, Kap had more than a few tries. But after two disasters in Seattle, it was great to see some improvement in the playoff game. Some people will only remember the horrible 4th quarter, of course.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners TEAM is better than the Broncos TEAM.

For example, if Manning would've picked SF over Denver, can you agree that we would have back to back titles?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Niners TEAM is better than the Broncos TEAM.

For example, if Manning would've picked SF over Denver, can you agree that we would have back to back titles?

It's not as simple as that. There's no way Manning would've come from behind against the Ravens. No way he would've survived at GB or Seattle in the playoffs. You are only looking at the lack of execution in the final few plays. If you plug in Manning over Kap in those red zone situations things may or may not have been better.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as simple as that. There's no way Manning would've come from behind against the Ravens. No way he would've survived at GB or Seattle in the playoffs. You are only looking at the lack of execution in the final few plays. If you plug in Manning over Kap in those red zone situations things may or may not have been better.

They never would have gotten behind in the Super Bowl like they did. kaeprnick was horrible in the first half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis is what I'm talking about. ALL QBs make bad reads. Kap looked a lot better then Payton.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait did Kap play yesterday and light it up? I must have missed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait did Kap play yesterday and light it up? I must have missed.

No but he played a lot better against Seattle 2 weeks ago. A lot of people were calling for his head because of the game ending Int. At least we were 1 play away from winning that game. Payton was 20 plays away from beating seattle. LOL Payton made a lot of bad reads.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say that the AFC west, and most of the AFC, is a bunch of soft teams. The NFC west is a pound you in the face division from top to bottom. Manning picked the broncos because of this fact- no doubt in my mind. Do I want to face the NFC west 8 times a year and have lower stats, or do I want to go to the AFC west, where all the defenses are sub top 10?

Kap has work to do, no doubt. But I think he can get better, and will.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but he played a lot better against Seattle 2 weeks ago. A lot of people were calling for his head because of the game ending Int. At least we were 1 play away from winning that game. Payton was 20 plays away from beating seattle. LOL Payton made a lot of bad reads.

Division rivals play each other tougher. A team like Denver never played a team like Seattle with its hard hitting aggressive attitude, they were not ready for it. Also Denver abandoned the run game way too early against them.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's safe to say that the AFC west, and most of the AFC, is a bunch of soft teams. The NFC west is a pound you in the face division from top to bottom. Manning picked the broncos because of this fact- no doubt in my mind. Do I want to face the NFC west 8 times a year and have lower stats, or do I want to go to the AFC west, where all the defenses are sub top 10?

Kap has work to do, no doubt. But I think he can get better, and will.

Payton also did it for the green.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty though... manning probably would not have been playing in green bay or been behind vs the ravens. Even though I really like Kap and I have been far less criticizing than most, we would have at least 1 Superbowl had manning joined the team. With our defense behind him and running game (which would be even better because teams would fear the passing game) we blow the ravens out last year. Not knocking Kap, but he is still young and developing. Anyway... it made me laugh at manning last night because he made the wrong choice. If they didn't do it this year, they aren't going to next year.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In all honesty though... manning probably would not have been playing in green bay or been behind vs the ravens. Even though I really like Kap and I have been far less criticizing than most, we would have at least 1 Superbowl had manning joined the team. With our defense behind him and running game (which would be even better because teams would fear the passing game) we blow the ravens out last year. Not knocking Kap, but he is still young and developing. Anyway... it made me laugh at manning last night because he made the wrong choice. If they didn't do it this year, they aren't going to next year.

You are overestimating Manning's impact. With our weak receiving core, teams would stack the box even more on a non-mobile QB like Manning. This in turn would've affected the running game. At least with Kap, teams had to respect his running and deep ball from time to time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the funny thing is the reasons why he made those choices ended up being silly. One reason was his brother but but the way the Giants have played since 2012, had nothing to do with it. One reason was the money but he has plenty of money. One reason was the physical defenses in the NFC West, but as long as he had a good offensive line, he wouldn't have gotten hit.

One reason that stood is his stats. He probably would not have had the same control over the offense and the system would be different than what he likes to do. Plus, he would be playing against the better defenses. Is there a chance that this is the bigger reason in his priorities?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are overestimating Manning's impact. With our weak receiving core, teams would stack the box even more on a non-mobile QB like Manning. This in turn would've affected the running game. At least with Kap, teams had to respect his running and deep ball from time to time.

But it is clear that they didn't respect his passing. That is why there are so many 8 and 9 man boxes vs the Niners. manning might not have gotten it done, but the guy just set the record for TD passes and yards in a season. That isn't a fluke. He wouldn't have had the same numbers on the Niners, but he wouldn't have to. The team wouldn't have to score 38 a game to win, because they wouldn't be giving up 35. Not to mention it isn't as cold in SF where the team probably would have been playing through the playoffs. And maybe they still don't get by seattle this year... I guarantee they would have won the whole thing last year. And this is not a knock on Kap. He is still raw.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the funny thing is the reasons why he made those choices ended up being silly. One reason was his brother but but the way the Giants have played since 2012, had nothing to do with it. One reason was the money but he has plenty of money. One reason was the physical defenses in the NFC West, but as long as he had a good offensive line, he wouldn't have gotten hit.

One reason that stood is his stats. He probably would not have had the same control over the offense and the system would be different than what he likes to do. Plus, he would be playing against the better defenses. Is there a chance that this is the bigger reason in his priorities?

I think it is clear he made the wrong choice. Not sure if there is a bigger meaning, but if he wanted a Superbowl he should have gone to the Niners. Or at least the cards. They have a good team and play in warm weather. Maybe he wanted to play in denver to get used to the cold of the playoffs instead of trying to get used to it on the fly?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of credit they give Manning is hype and marginalizing his receivers efforts/talents, but he does make his receivers better, does he not? Isn't his offense based upon quick passes that beat a stacked box? I know his arm strength has taken a hit at least in perception over the years, but I think defenses would respect it? So yes, there is risk of overstating his affect but also there's a risk of understating it.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's see... The way I read this argument is like... If a QB like Peyton Manning had a hard time against Seattle why would you expect more from a QB like Kaepernick... This is how this whole thread is coming off ... I guess what you are saying it was OK for the Niners to lose to Seattle if a team with Manning as a QB can't win either...