• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is all the Kaep criticism now?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP is right.

Kaepernick > P. Manning

Also, OP is right Kaep never looks god awful against the Seahawks. Op is also right about Kaep ability to come back from huge deficits against teams like Ravens and Packers, Never mind Niners lost to the Ravens and if Kaep didnt suck it up in those first halves maybe the outcome would have been different.
Never mind all of that.

Kaepernick is da Greatest!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think, before anything else, we need a new WRs coach. The production from our WRs this year was entirely unacceptable. Baldwin isn't great, but he's done something for KC in the past. Ginn leaves after doing nothing here and puts together a solid season. The coaching, playcalling, and QB play have all got to change if we're going to see a successful passing game.

Completely agree with this. It is laughable the carousel of receivers that come in and do nothing for this team. The sad thing is that a lot of them can't even get on the field, not counting Patton who was injured. Harbaugh and Roman need to sit down and figure some shit out for next year. I won't say the play calling was always bad, but it was really inconsistent.

The clock management should be #1 thing to work on, above anything for anybody. If you can't get the plays off in time, you might as well punt on first down because that kills drives.

Tell Roman to get his shit together when getting the plays in. Blindfold Kap if you have to and turn him into the play clock ninja if it is going to help, but that has to be fixed.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Completely agree with this. It is laughable the carousel of receivers that come in and do nothing for this team. The sad thing is that a lot of them can't even get on the field, not counting Patton who was injured. Harbaugh and Roman need to sit down and figure some shit out for next year. I won't say the play calling was always bad, but it was really inconsistent.

The clock management should be #1 thing to work on, above anything for anybody. If you can't get the plays off in time, you might as well punt on first down because that kills drives.

Tell Roman to get his shit together when getting the plays in. Blindfold Kap if you have to and turn him into the play clock ninja if it is going to help, but that has to be fixed.

Yeah, the receiver thing is just glaring because we've now seen several players come in with some history or go elsewhere. Having Baldwin or Ginn on the bench isn't a big deal on a playoff team - unless you desperately need production at WR. For most of the season, we desperately needed something from the WR position. Hell, we've desperately needed a #2 receiver for years. I already did a lengthy post no this, but 13 of 16 NFC teams got solid production this past year from a WR taken in the 4th round or later. If we can't do that, it falls on the coaching.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, the receiver thing is just glaring because we've now seen several players come in with some history or go elsewhere. Having Baldwin or Ginn on the bench isn't a big deal on a playoff team - unless you desperately need production at WR. For most of the season, we desperately needed something from the WR position. Hell, we've desperately needed a #2 receiver for years. I already did a lengthy post no this, but 13 of 16 NFC teams got solid production this past year from a WR taken in the 4th round or later. If we can't do that, it falls on the coaching.

The thing is, the Niners identity needs to be tweaked a bit. They are a power running team that uses 2backs, 2te, and 2wr set most of the time. They are a run first offense and seldom spread the defense with >2 wrs. They need to be a little bit more flexible with their offensive philosophy especially when defenses stack the LOS

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I read some people that said the 49ers team is a lot better then the Broncos team, on defense for sure, however on offense not even close and not at the QB position. D-Thomas, Decker, Welker and Julius Thomas, I will take that WR/TE core over what we have. Do the dumb asses on here remember we just got Crabtree back at 70% and Manningham and Patton were hurt all year.
So Kap had Boldin and Davis and who else?? Osgood? Cant wait for the 49ers to re-sign Boldin and we will actually have our top 2 wideouts together. Look at how awful Brady was this year compared to how he usually plays, he had no help. CK is a damn good QB, he went on the road and beat GB and CAR and was 1 play away from winning in seattle, but Manning looks like total shit in the super bowl on a neutral field and he is the man?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I read some people that said the 49ers team is a lot better then the Broncos team, on defense for sure, however on offense not even close and not at the QB position. D-Thomas, Decker, Welker and Julius Thomas, I will take that WR/TE core over what we have. Do the dumb asses on here remember we just got Crabtree back at 70% and Manningham and Patton were hurt all year.
So Kap had Boldin and Davis and who else?? Osgood? Cant wait for the 49ers to re-sign Boldin and we will actually have our top 2 wideouts together. Look at how awful Brady was this year compared to how he usually plays, he had no help. CK is a damn good QB, he went on the road and beat GB and CAR and was 1 play away from winning in seattle, but Manning looks like total shit in the super bowl on a neutral field and he is the man?

Of course Manning is the man. Look at the career he has had.

Jesus Christ

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In regards to the playcalling being inconsistent, Roman said that at the end of last year they went away from the read option in order to sway teams to think that we weren't using it anymore. I hope that our inconsistencies throughout this last year is not him overthinking everything.

I want us to play to our strengths, work on our weaknesses, draft for our system, and play it. And then just try to beat them by playing better and execution. I don't need all this tricking the opponent. There is some holding back and long term planning, obviously, but I hope he doesn't overdo it.

It's hard to be consistent in your play when you're being inconsistent with your philosophy, playcalling, and your usage of your players. Add in the fact of health and injuries, it's very hard thing to do.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. This whole year I felt that they were holding Kaepernick back, limiting the passes, and not doing certain things that we would normally do, and then would unleash in the playoffs. We ended up playing in the cold, and then against two great defenses, so we never unleashed. I obviously did not advocate unleashing in the playoffs. At the latest, would be the last games of the season. You need time to get used to things. Long term planning is good, but it's not everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bottom line.. What is the goal of every NFL team? Answer: To win the Superbowl. Period. It's not who played better against the SB champs. The goal is the WIN... If you're satisfied with just playing better than the SB runner up, then you got your wish... But simply put, Manning, though he sucked, had still a better chance of winning the SB because he was playing in it and not at home watching it

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thing is, the Niners identity needs to be tweaked a bit. They are a power running team that uses 2backs, 2te, and 2wr set most of the time. They are a run first offense and seldom spread the defense with >2 wrs. They need to be a little bit more flexible with their offensive philosophy especially when defenses stack the LOS

agree would be good to use a set with dynamic slot receiver. they can switch between the two sets depending.

this "2backs, 2te, and 2wr set" can work if the two WR's are good enough, AND the second TE is good on short/medium routes? Vernon Davis is great going downfield and they've used him correctly, but add in McDonald as a dynamic pass catcher, and it improves quite a bit.

cause even now, our offense is good enough........between the 20's.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Manning is the man. Look at the career he has had.

Jesus Christ

I do think some were unfair to Kaepernick after the game, but if putting down Manning is needed to prop our QB or respect to Manning is an insult to our QB, then I think we're getting too high/sensitive on Kaepernick. We did better than the Broncos did. Kaepernick played better than Manning did in the first halves. We don't need to get into comparisons of the two quarterbacks as far as who they are. People, be reasonable the Kaepernick. Be reasonable to Manning.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think some were unfair to Kaepernick after the game, but if putting down Manning is needed to prop our QB or respect to Manning is an insult to our QB, then I think we're getting too high/sensitive on Kaepernick. We did better than the Broncos did. Kaepernick played better than Manning did in the first halves. We don't need to get into comparisons of the two quarterbacks as far as who they are. People, be reasonable the Kaepernick. Be reasonable to Manning.

Harbaugh and Balke kicked the tires on Manning. He chose Denver. The 49ers would not have paid Manning tbe kind of money Denver is paying him as we would have busted tbe cap and gutted our defense.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need speed badly on offense. A big body WR will be nice, but if he isn't faster than the Seattle CB's/Secondary then he isn't going to do anything. Thomas from Denver got some nice numbers in the Superbowl but most of his stats were either in garbage time when Seattle switched to cover 3 or got his catches from screens and short crossing routes.

With how physical Seattle's secondary plays they will be all over any receiver. The best a receiver has done against Seattle is TY Hilton from Indy and his speed set him apart from everyone else. If we don't have the speed to get Seattle out of their 8 in the box (4-4, 6-2) defense we're not going to knock them off the throne.

Kap adds a dimension that Seattle has to account for, but Chancellor owns Davis and no one else on our offense even remotely scares Seattle's D.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair kap was 14-24 for 153 yds had less than half the attempts of manning

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe you should look at what Decker, D-Thomas, J-Thomas did before Manning arrived in 2012. None of them had a over 50 catches or 600 yards season then here comes Manning and everybody is a star WR. Whether you like Kaep or not, it's crazy to compare him with a top 5 QB of all time. There is no comparison. The last two games only tells us the two best teams are in the same division. Bronco is not remotely close, even with a future HOF QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Or maybe you should look at what Decker, D-Thomas, J-Thomas did before Manning arrived in 2012. None of them had a over 50 catches or 600 yards season then here comes Manning and everybody is a star WR.

Decker & Thomas were in their first 2 seasons in the NFL on a re-building team with Tim freeking Tebow as the QB. Julius Thomas was a rookie the year before Manning got there, and he was battling injuries until this season. This is not a valid argument.

Damariyus Thomas is one of the 5 best WRs in the NFL. He was taken ahead of Dez Bryant for a reason.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe you should look at what Decker, D-Thomas, J-Thomas did before Manning arrived in 2012. None of them had a over 50 catches or 600 yards season then here comes Manning and everybody is a star WR. Whether you like Kaep or not, it's crazy to compare him with a top 5 QB of all time. There is no comparison. The last two games only tells us the two best teams are in the same division. Bronco is not remotely close, even with a future HOF QB.

Are you serious? Or are you just that dumb? They had Tim fucking Tebow at QB, D-Thomas is a top 3 WR in the NFL behind Calvin and Dez. And Welker is the perfect slot WR in the NFL and J.Thomas will be a top 3 TE. So your wrong, Manning has a lot better weapons then the 49ers, which is a big reason he chose them over us. Again are some people that dumb on here? We had Boldin and Davis this year and thats it. No1 to stretch the field or make plays. Crabtree and Manningham were hurt all year then our rookie Patton got hurt (who I think will have a good 2nd year). We were left with bums at WR and McDonald never developed into what I thought. So trying to compare our average WR core this year to the Broncos is a joke, learn some football

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damariyus Thomas is one of the 5 best WRs in the NFL. He was taken ahead of Dez Bryant for a reason.

The reasons are: Dez was suspended for a year, and he had character concerns even before the suspension. If Dez was a clean prospect he would have been top 10 and maybe top 5 in his draft class. I do agree he is one of the 5 best WRs he is # 5 though IMO,

Are you serious? Or are you just that dumb? They had Tim fucking Tebow at QB, D-Thomas is a top 3 WR in the NFL behind Calvin and Dez.

I think AJ Green and Juilo Jones would disagree with Damriyus Thomas being a top 3 WR :suds:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take D-Thomas over Julio anyday, and AJ Green is a toss up for me

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree with Whysies this time. PM is a great qb, but 2 me only in the regular season. He's shit in the playoffs, & he should thx Rex freaking Grossman 4 his SUPER BOWL win. His teams are always built 2 his strengths. Yes he's a great qb, but I would never want his azz n the postseason.