• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does Andre Johnson end up?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they told him that their plan included chopping his production by over half. I can understand why he would be miffed at the notion of only catching 40 balls. If he comes here healthy, he'll have a shot at 65-70.
OK, but won't he want to play in a offense like the Packers, Saints, Patriots have instead of some old school offense? Heck I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but won't he want to play in a offense like the Packers, Saints, Patriots have instead of some old school offense? Heck I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it happening.

I don't think that it would need to be a pass heavy offense. Winning games and being an impact player is what I think he's looking for. And at his age, I don't think he would produce more in a pass heavy offense than he would as the primary target for a run heavy team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that it would need to be a pass heavy offense. Winning games and being an impact player is what I think he's looking for. And at his age, I don't think he would produce more in a pass heavy offense than he would as the primary target for a run heavy team.

Well I hope your right and he see's it the same way and also willing to take a major pay cut because the Seahawks aren't going to be able to pay 11 million, nor should they, even if they could.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He mentioned as a landing spot because the Seahawks could use a guy like that and they are contenders, so folks expect that they would be in the running. However WRs like a wide open offense, where their talent would be maximize and worth some $. Oh playing of a contender would be nice also.
And a team with no real #1 receiver is ripe for a guy to come in and take over.

Easy to say he wants a more open passing offense, but they all think they can be the man and in Seattle he very well could. Add being a contender and that can mean a lot to a guy heading down the back stretch of his career. Time to think about getting a ring before you hang it up. That does matter to them. A lot.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Johnson would be a perfect fit for Seattle

Unfortunately, Seattle probably needs him more than he needs Seattle

If he's willing to sacrifice his numbers (and salary) then Seattle gives him the best chance to compete for a ring.

The destination that makes the most sense would probably be Denver. Welker should get cut and Julius Thomas isn't going to be worth the money he's going to demand. Throw in Andre Johnson with DT on the other side and Sanders in the slot...Peyton could break some more records

I was actually hoping Larry Fitzgerald would have chosen Denver. Always been a huge fan of his. He deserves a better QB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will sign a short term contract with a contender. I see Seattle, Denver (to play with the greatest QB ever after Welker and Julius are cut), New England (though he's likely to be hesitant to play with a team with major question marks at the QB position), or hell dark horses could be the Cowboys or Packers. He's an incredible talent and a class act. Man deserves one last shot at a ring.

wtf are you talking about? But I don't see him going to the Patriots because it's been a rumor for years now and nothing has happened and I don't see BB pulling the strings on him. He will get a less talented almost no name WR and try to turn him into something like Johnson

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ I think has to know that going to a contender would mean a big cut in pay...he's made a lot of money already...SEA makes the most sense in terms of need and fit.

With MIA set to release Wallace and possibly lose Hartline...I can see him going home at a smaller discount.

NE...I think they will swoop in and get Mike Wallace cheap because he's not going to command a huge deal after flopping badly in MIA.