• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the subject a bit. Most people view Jordan as the greatest as he was 6-0 in the finals, over Kareem who was 6-4. The question I have, is why is Brady better with a few losses in the Super bowl when than Montana was 4-0? I am just wondering why the criteria seems to be different with the 2 arguments.

It shouldn't be.

Finals losses as some kind of stain is ridiculous.

Kareem isn't as good as Jordan because he wasn't as good as Jordan. 5 of Kareem's
titles came with Magic. Most of which he wasn't even the best player on his Own team.

But, if the only thing that mattered was team accomplishments, then I will take 6-4 over 6-0 because he got there 4 more times and won just as many.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the subject a bit. Most people view Jordan as the greatest as he was 6-0 in the finals, over Kareem who was 6-4. The question I have, is why is Brady better with a few losses in the Super bowl when than Montana was 4-0? I am just wondering why the criteria seems to be different with the 2 arguments.

First, you'd have to agree that Brady was better, which I don't.

It's different with basketball because of how much one player can affect the game. In basketball, players have to play offense and defense, so they influence both ends of the floor. In football, it's either offense or defense.

That's why you can put a player like Lebron on the worst team in the league and, at the least, they would be a playoff team.

But if you put Brady on the Browns, they'd still be the Browns. They might win a game or 2 more, but they'd still be the Browns.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was better. Lebron will have done more in his career over a much longer period of time. But Lebron has never been as dominant as Jordan was during his 6 titles.

Depends how you define "dominant." I'd say definitely Wilt was the most dominant NBA player of all time.

No way anyone could argue with MJ's Finals record. How many finals do you think Bulls would have won with Lebron instead of MJ ? Also, would Lebron have taken off a couple of years in the prime of his career ? Should that count against MJ ?

MJ also scored a lot in the first 7 years of his career -- but his team wasn't real good, except for the year before he made the finals the first time. (His reputation was "he doesn't make the players around him better ... not like Magic and Bird do" -- I remember those years well.)

I do think what Lebron has done is unprecedented. (mainly carrying his team to something like 8 straight NBA Finals -- often when he didn't get much help) It doesn't mean that he is the best ever -- just no one has put teams on his back at crunchtime and came through as consistently when his team was down. (How many games this year has Lebron re-entered the game with 7-8 minutes to go ... his team down by 4-8 points ... and he led them to a win? The Cavs plan is just don't be down by more than 10 when Lebron takes his 2nd half rest.)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When technology is so advanced he can go back in time and erase "The Decision" episode, then and only then will he ever have a chance to "pass Jordan"

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When technology is so advanced he can go back in time and erase "The Decision" episode, then and only then will he ever have a chance to "pass Jordan"

So what you are saying is that he won't ever be as good a basketball player as MJ because he made a couple bad PR choices?

Got it.

Sad thing is, the reality is your statement is pretty close to the truth. He will never be viewed on the level of MJ because MJ is more likeable.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeHype/Durcant took the Easy way out. There is no erasing that. Their legacies will FOREVER be tarnished regardless of how many finals appearances they have

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeHype/Durcant took the Easy way out. There is no erasing that. Their legacies will FOREVER be tarnished regardless of how many finals appearances they have

You actually thought this Toronto team was different. Lebron will ruin their hopes and dreams again. You can cry yourself to sleep and jack it with your tears to the Lebron fathead you have in your mom’s basement.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is that he won't ever be as good a basketball player as MJ because he made a couple bad PR choices?

Got it.

Sad thing is, the reality is your statement is pretty close to the truth. He will never be viewed on the level of MJ because MJ is more likeable.
Yep pretty much.

The thing is, if social media was around the days of MJ, I am sure MJ would not be as liked as he is today, or as liked as he was the time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep pretty much.

The thing is, if social media was around the days of MJ, I am sure MJ would not be as liked as he is today, or as liked as he was the time.

I agree

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually thought this Toronto team was different. Lebron will ruin their hopes and dreams again. You can cry yourself to sleep and jack it with your tears to the Lebron fathead you have in your mom’s basement.

They are different. They got the deepest team in the league. Now what they do with that talent is a difference story. Series isn't over anyways bud. If they win one in Cleveland that momentum can change QUICK.

They still got the personnel to beat Cleveland. Its all mental with that team

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem doesn't measure up to Jordan because he can't sniff Jordan overall for playoff resume. LeBron doesn't match up because of "The Decisions". Jordan never pussed out like a bitch and hitched a ride to Team Stack and LeBron's Pathetic finals record to add on top of that. (It will only get worse if Cavs make the finals this year)

No one will ever touch Jordan. Not in this century. Not in the next. He was the EPITOME of basketball excellence. The perfect contract of a player you can make. . Time to move on. None of these pretenders have a hope in hell.\

There's Michael. Then theres everyone else. Nothing to be ashamed of though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got it.

That was another joke, tlance.

You've got to learn to see these kind of things.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem doesn't measure up to Jordan because he can't sniff Jordan overall for playoff resume. LeBron doesn't match up because of "The Decisions". Jordan never pussed out like a bitch and hitched a ride to Team Stack and LeBron's Pathetic finals record to add on top of that. (It will only get worse if Cavs make the finals this year)

No one will ever touch Jordan. Not in this century. Not in the next. He was the EPITOME of basketball excellence. The perfect contract of a player you can make. . Time to move on. None of these pretenders have a hope in hell.\

There's Michael. Then theres everyone else. Nothing to be ashamed of though.

giphy.gif

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No thats FACTS. Not opinion. Someone wants to bring up Russell challenging him for instance I will bring up his stacked team and his unbelievable 13ppg ROFLMAO. Jordan won 6 titles without a damn Big man of any kind that dominated to ANY degree.

No one SNIFFS Jordan overall. Not even close. Not even in the same hemisphere.

Kareem only has more career points only because he played long and Jordan retired during the middle of his peak. If Jordan wanted to he would have BLOWN that BS out of the water

And Jordan accomplished all this in ONLY 13 seasons. How many seasons does LePuss have now?>. Not even halfway there overall. :10::10::10:

Lebron aint even halfway there and has already played more seasons than Michael. Freaking CRAZY how good Michael was

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thats FACTS. Not opinion. Someone wants to bring up Russell challenging him for instance I will bring up his stacked team and his unbelievable 13ppg ROFLMAO. Jordan won 6 titles without a damn Big man of any kind that dominated to ANY degree.

No one SNIFFS Jordan overall. Not even close. Not even in the same hemisphere.

Kareem only has more career points only because he played long and Jordan retired during the middle of his peak. If Jordan wanted to he would have BLOWN that BS out of the water

And Jordan accomplished all this in ONLY 13 seasons. How many seasons does LePuss have now?>. Not even halfway there overall. :10::10::10:

Lebron aint even halfway there and has already played more seasons than Michael. Freaking CRAZY how good Michael was

You literally (not figuratively) do not understand the definition of the word 'facts'.