• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually there's no way to 'prove' any of these debates like best team ever or best player ever. There's no proof just arguments based on fandom, what you prefer, how the different players made you feel, etc. And that's great, we're all sports nerds who get off on arguing this stuff. But the eye test works for LeBron too, youve never seen a player with his physical skillset ever before and that includes Jordan. Shaq was like that. Magic. Curry too. These are all time greats and there's no way to 'prove' the best. Nor should there be.

Yeah LeBron is a beast when he wants to be. Physical and fast no doubt. But does he bring it all year every game? No

Jordan dominated on the offensive side and defenive side of the ball pretty much all year long. If you want to look at stats go look at NBA first team all defense and steals. Jordan was one of the best offensive and defensive players in the game ever and the most clutch offensive player in the game ever. There's also no one in the NBA that has more all NBA first team defense awards than Jordan and that's with sitting out two years. The comparison between Jordan and LeBron to me is funny. Because LeBron was not even close to the competitor that Jordan was. MJ was tenacious and a killer and yes if LeBron had that mindset with his size and speed he would most definitely be the best ever to play the game but that is exactly why he is not.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron will eventually pass him.....LeBron's statistics, longevity, etc. will just be too much in the end.

I mean, LeBron has been the NBA's best player for how many years now? I dont think we have ever seen a run where a guy is that good for that long- and the scary thing is- it might go for a couple more years.

LeBron was def. the best player in the league in '07-'08. He had an argument in '06-'07....but lets just say '07=-'08 to err on the side of caution.

Its now the '17-'18 season.......thats 11 straight years of being the best player in basketball.....thats never been done before.

What year did Jordan become the best player in the league? prob '87-88'? Magic did win back-to-back MVP's in '88-'89 and '89-'90....so would you say that Jordan was the best player those years? I dont know. I truthfully dont. ASSUME that he was.....that would mean he was the best player in the league for prob 9 years. '87-'88 through '92-'93...a term of 6 years--- and thats if you say he was the best player the two years Magic won back to back MVP's.

he sits out 93-94 and only plays 17 games in 94-95....comes back and is then the leagues best player for 3 more years before he retires again.

So thats 9 years.

Right now LeBron is at 11 years and counting. LeBron already has 8 Finals appearances- 2 more than Jordan. Jordan has 5 mvps, LeBron 4 mvps....LeBron 3 Finals MVPS, Jordan 6 Finals MVPS

id still errr on the side of Jordan----- but at some point- if LeBron continues to stay healthy and put up the type of numbers he puts up the sheer volume and weight of his longevity is going to start to tip the scales.

You pointed out Jordan was only the best player when he was not MVP,but said LeBron was the best for 11 years straight.........I do believe LeBron has not won 11 straight MVPs..........You can`t have it both ways.....So tell me,what are you trying to say?.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so.. Knees were going bad or something
You pointed out Jordan was only the best player when he was not MVP,but said LeBron was the best for 11 years straight.........I do believe LeBron has not won 11 straight MVPs..........You can`t have it both ways.....So tell me,what are you trying to say?.
"only the best player when he was not MVP"

are you sure you said that correctly?

and if you read it correclty i said i thought Jordan was the best player in the league probably 9 years

how many MVPS did he win?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works for now - I really don't care either way - What you losers think - The rest of knows already that LeBron is not as good as Michael Jordan
That is only your opinion and not a fact.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
magic was only about 30 when kareem retired. magic retired due to hiv.

the year kareem retired, they went unbeaten in the playoffs until the injuries to scott and magic in the finals.
90 finals against the Pistons?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
magic was only about 30 when kareem retired. magic retired due to hiv.

the year kareem retired, they went unbeaten in the playoffs until the injuries to scott and magic in the finals.
89 NBA Finals?