• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first he needs to catch him in a category.

Which category do you think Bron Bron will catch the King in?

Career 30, 40, 50, 60 point games in NBA History - Sports and Racing - NBA Message Board - GameFAQs

Keep scrolling .... I'm waiting

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still agree Jordan is the better player, and I see what you're trying to accomplish but...

Lebron already has more total Rebounds and more total Assists than Jordan. Next year he'll pass him in career blocks and points. Not sure if he'll catch him on steals, but that will 4 out of the 5 major statistical categories that he'll have surpassed Jordan.

Oh and with respects to points, at age 38 Jordan averaged 22.1 FGA per game. Lebron has only ever once attempted more than 22 shots per game and only 5 seasons in which he's taken 20 or more per game.

Jordan's job was to score. It's fitting he should have more higher scoring games. Lebron has more to his offensive game to offer.

There's plenty of ways to argue Jordan's greatness and this was probably the dumbest one. Congrats.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first he needs to catch him in a category.

Which category do you think Bron Bron will catch the King in?

Career 30, 40, 50, 60 point games in NBA History - Sports and Racing - NBA Message Board - GameFAQs

Keep scrolling .... I'm waiting

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
LeBron will eventually pass him.....LeBron's statistics, longevity, etc. will just be too much in the end.

I mean, LeBron has been the NBA's best player for how many years now? I dont think we have ever seen a run where a guy is that good for that long- and the scary thing is- it might go for a couple more years.

LeBron was def. the best player in the league in '07-'08. He had an argument in '06-'07....but lets just say '07=-'08 to err on the side of caution.

Its now the '17-'18 season.......thats 11 straight years of being the best player in basketball.....thats never been done before.

What year did Jordan become the best player in the league? prob '87-88'? Magic did win back-to-back MVP's in '88-'89 and '89-'90....so would you say that Jordan was the best player those years? I dont know. I truthfully dont. ASSUME that he was.....that would mean he was the best player in the league for prob 9 years. '87-'88 through '92-'93...a term of 6 years--- and thats if you say he was the best player the two years Magic won back to back MVP's.

he sits out 93-94 and only plays 17 games in 94-95....comes back and is then the leagues best player for 3 more years before he retires again.

So thats 9 years.

Right now LeBron is at 11 years and counting. LeBron already has 8 Finals appearances- 2 more than Jordan. Jordan has 5 mvps, LeBron 4 mvps....LeBron 3 Finals MVPS, Jordan 6 Finals MVPS

id still errr on the side of Jordan----- but at some point- if LeBron continues to stay healthy and put up the type of numbers he puts up the sheer volume and weight of his longevity is going to start to tip the scales.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless Lebron can win 7 championships - Until then - NO

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron will eventually pass him.....LeBron's statistics, longevity, etc. will just be too much in the end.

I mean, LeBron has been the NBA's best player for how many years now? I dont think we have ever seen a run where a guy is that good for that long- and the scary thing is- it might go for a couple more years.

LeBron was def. the best player in the league in '07-'08. He had an argument in '06-'07....but lets just say '07=-'08 to err on the side of caution.

Its now the '17-'18 season.......thats 11 straight years of being the best player in basketball.....thats never been done before.

What year did Jordan become the best player in the league? prob '87-88'? Magic did win back-to-back MVP's in '88-'89 and '89-'90....so would you say that Jordan was the best player those years? I dont know. I truthfully dont. ASSUME that he was.....that would mean he was the best player in the league for prob 9 years. '87-'88 through '92-'93...a term of 6 years--- and thats if you say he was the best player the two years Magic won back to back MVP's.

he sits out 93-94 and only plays 17 games in 94-95....comes back and is then the leagues best player for 3 more years before he retires again.

So thats 9 years.

Right now LeBron is at 11 years and counting. LeBron already has 8 Finals appearances- 2 more than Jordan. Jordan has 5 mvps, LeBron 4 mvps....LeBron 3 Finals MVPS, Jordan 6 Finals MVPS

id still errr on the side of Jordan----- but at some point- if LeBron continues to stay healthy and put up the type of numbers he puts up the sheer volume and weight of his longevity is going to start to tip the scales.

Your argument that lebron has been the leagues best player (still arguable) for 11 years only means the league has had shitty players over the last decade compared to others.

MJ had to face a prime Magic and Bird early in his career.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, between 2007 and 2011 Kobe was the best player in the league.

So that leaves only 7 years for lebron

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will pass him eventually as the BEST PLAYER of all-time. He will never pass him as the best scorer of all-time. Lebron’s all-around game plus longevity will vault him to number 1 eventually.

giphy.gif

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he travels back in time and never paints his hair on.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will pass him eventually as the BEST PLAYER of all-time. He will never pass him as the best scorer of all-time. Lebron’s all-around game plus longevity will vault him to number 1 eventually.

I don't think he'll ever get that recognition, but healthy debates will occur, IMO. The biggest thing about this is Jordan's legacy will always grow over time. There's no erasing his 6-0 finals record, or taking two years off in his prime as the only time teams in the NBA had a shot to win a title over him. He's one of the greatest defenders of all time and the greatest scorer of all time. There's no getting away from that.

The thing about Lebron that most Jordan fans will never realize is that at any point in his career, if Lebron really wanted to, he could have lead the league in any statistical category he wanted. If Lebron wanted to be the best point guard of all time, he could do it. He could lead the league in assists every year. If Lebron wanted to average 40 a game, he could do it, no question. Rebounding, Steals, Blocks, you name it. He could do it. That's within his skill set. The difference is that Lebron chooses to be a well rounded player, sometimes to the detriment of his own legacy.

Jordan is arguably the best one man force the game has ever seen. Lebron's game doesn't make him as such. He's as much of a product of his teammates as he is his own individual force. Lebron makes his teammates better in a different way than MJ did. Lebron elevates his teammates. Jordan carried them. People for some reason want to give more credit to being carried though, when IMO, it's much more difficult to make everyone around you better.

If you're in a group project for school, you can have one guy who does all the work, and get's the A for the group. Or you can have the guy carries the brunt of the work but also who pushes everyone to do their part and collectively they're able to get the A. Who's more valuable?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, between 2007 and 2011 Kobe was the best player in the league.

So that leaves only 7 years for lebron

lmao, I don't even have to look anything up to know that's a ridiculous statement.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his abysmal finals record (on stacked teams for ALL OF THEM minus 2007) has already destroyed any chance LeBron has had in ever catching the GOAT. Jordan was unstoppable/unbeatable on the biggest stage.

And he has already played more seasons than Jordan. And is only halfway there overall. His competition for most of his career was inferior to Jordan's as well.

The shipped has sailed on LeBron ever being GOAT. Top 10-13 all time is nothing to sneeze at though.. All time great player.

At the end of the day Jordan's 100 percent winning percentage in finals vs. Lebrons 36 percent or whatever seals it. LeBron is lucky he isn't like an 8-10 percentage winning percentage. He was one Ray Allen Miracle 3 and Bogut injury away from being a 1-7 in NBA finals. Thats HORRID anyway you look at it. And no LeTot can say any different. 3-5 is almost equally pathetic.

I got LeBron somewhere in the 10-13 spot. Which is solid. Thats where he belongs. Next to Kobe, Hakeem, West, etc. Just a tad below Shaq/Duncan/Wilt (Yea I got Wilt higher because his team never Sniffed the talent of supporting help that LEbron has enjoyed since 2010.

Sure, if we are just going off pretty "stats" than LeBron is higher. But stats alone don't determine greatness

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. Yes I do.

Sure thing. This will be quick and easy. I'll post the same thing I did on another thread

Let's use the following four NBA seasons which you've included as part of "lebron as the best player for 11 years":
2007-08 till 2010-11

Player A:
2 x NBA Champion
3 x Finals appearances
2 x Finals MVP
4 x NBA First team
4 x NBA Defense First team
4 x All Star
2 x All Star Game MVP
1 x League MVP

Player B:
4 x NBA First team
3 x NBA Defense First team
4 x All Star
1 x All Star Game MVP
2 x League MVP

Which is the better player?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron's a great player but I doubt he ever passes Jordan on an all time NBA players list.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure thing. This will be quick and easy. I'll post the same thing I did on another thread

Let's use the following four NBA seasons which you've included as part of "lebron as the best player for 11 years":
2007-08 till 2010-11

Player A:
2 x NBA Champion
3 x Finals appearances
2 x Finals MVP
4 x NBA First team
4 x NBA Defense First team
4 x All Star
2 x All Star Game MVP
1 x League MVP

Player B:
4 x NBA First team
3 x NBA Defense First team
4 x All Star
1 x All Star Game MVP
2 x League MVP

Which is the better player?

This will also be quick and easy. Using the same seasons:

Player A:
23.6 PER
.558 TS%
30.3 OWS
15.9 DWS
46.3 WS
.180 WS/48
4.6 OBPM
18.9 VORP

Player B:
29.8 PER
.589 TS%
48.0 OWS
21.5 DWS
69.5 WS
.276 WS/48
8.6 OBPM
40.7 VORP

I mean for real, your argument is so weak you had to bring up team accomplishments? lmao.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Lebron to jump up in Jordan territory, it would take him winning a title this year on this current team.. And that certainly ain't happening unless the Rockets/Warriors can destroyed with injuries to all key players.

He'll be lucky to make it by the Raptors though. He was lucky to get through the Pacers