• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When will Lebron pass Jordan?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? This stupid argument, that has been disproven over and over? :L
If that is all that matters then like I said Jordan is not in the discussion for best ever as 6 or 7 have more than him. He is way down the list.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pfft, jordan took a lot of shots and got a lot of calls. if he doesn't have a great supporting cast, and the lakers and celtics gon't breakup, he doesn't enjoy near the success he did.

The Lakers and Celtics didn't break up, they got old. Unless Magic, Bird, Kareem, Parrish, McHale, etc. discovered the fountain of youth...nothing was going to stop MJ and his Bulls.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that have eyes and saw both players throughout their careers don’t need statistical comparisons. Truthfully it’s not as close as some want to believe.
Both great players. It is a different game now.
Having watched them both, I would easily put Jordon in front.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is all that matters then like I said Jordan is not in the discussion for best ever as 6 or 7 have more than him. He is way down the list.

Seriously?!? That crap was debunked long ago. Just stop. No one says it's all that matters. It's the tiebreaker. All of the all time greats are so good that you can literally make a strong case for any of, at least the top 5, to be GOAT. So titles are the tiebreaker and MJ is 6-0. This even trumps Kareem who also has 6 rings, but also lost 4 times.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yes, I'm sure guys like D-Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love didn't help Lebron at all. Just a bunch of scrubs and none of them have ever even sniffed an all star game.

I don't think it's debatable that Lebron has had a significant talent edge over his teammates than Jordan. But people view that as a detriment, when I don't see it the same way.

Jordan was a one man wrecking crew. His game was not designed nor suited to having other talented players around him. He was ball-centric and that's how he played.

Lebron is more geared towards Magic's type of game, but elevated. That's why people have such a hard time grasping why Lebron should be considered, not necessarily above, but considered up there with Jordan. No one shit's on Magic saying he was only successful because he had Kareem or Worthy. No one says anything about Bird having McHale, Parish, Johnson, etc. But for some reason it's an issue for Lebron, a guy like Magic and Bird who had multi-level skill sets, to have great teammates to have success.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and Celtics didn't break up, they got old. Unless Magic, Bird, Kareem, Parrish, McHale, etc. discovered the fountain of youth...nothing was going to stop MJ and his Bulls.

magic didn't get old. kareem retired. he was healthy enough to play another year.

a couple years later, the lakers played a grueling physical series against portland prior to playing the bulls, in the finals, otherwise the results may have been different.

phil jackson was a huge whiner, always trying to get preferential treatment from the refs, and they usually got it. the nba is up there with the wwe. the nba heads made jordan their guy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was in Miami and in fact no player has ever been surrounded with as much talent as what LeBron had in Miami. In fact they had so much talent - LeBron clearly stated that they would win 7 championships in a row and then they choked several times
That wasn't any fault of LeBron.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's debatable that Lebron has had a significant talent edge over his teammates than Jordan. But people view that as a detriment, when I don't see it the same way.

Jordan was a one man wrecking crew. His game was not designed nor suited to having other talented players around him. He was ball-centric and that's how he played.

Lebron is more geared towards Magic's type of game, but elevated. That's why people have such a hard time grasping why Lebron should be considered, not necessarily above, but considered up there with Jordan. No one shit's on Magic saying he was only successful because he had Kareem or Worthy. No one says anything about Bird having McHale, Parish, Johnson, etc. But for some reason it's an issue for Lebron, a guy like Magic and Bird who had multi-level skill sets, to have great teammates to have success.

pfft, the lakers were nothing without magic johnson. with him they were the greatest team of all time.

jordan was just a shooting #2 guard. magic and lebron did it all, consummate team players. basketball is not one on one, its five on five.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still consider Kareem the GOAT.

a case can definitely be made for him. certainly one of the most epic careers evers, from 3 titles with wooden and the bruins, to the goat team, magic and the lakers. championships with multiple teams, multiple mvp's, and the all time scoring leader.

i have him, chamberlain, and magic as top three. i may be old school, but if i'm building a team, i want either a dominating big man, or point guard first. not a shooting #2 guard.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pfft, the lakers were nothing without magic johnson. with him they were the greatest team of all time.

jordan was just a shooting #2 guard. magic and lebron did it all, consummate team players. basketball is not one on one, its five on five.

The flaw in your thinking is that there is only one way to be successful. That's not true. It's your preference on style of play that is the bias here.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still consider Kareem the GOAT.

There's a legit argument to this too, IMO. If you look at Kareem's resume on paper, and didn't have any knowledge outside of it, you would think to yourself he's absolutely the GOAT.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw in your thinking is that there is only one way to be successful. That's not true. It's your preference on style of play that is the bias here.
yes, i'm biased toward team play.

chamberlain couldn't do it scoring 50 a game, and neither could jordan.

Reactions: GNG

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your logic makes no sense. Jordan won 6 titles being the man and leading the league in scoring. What are you talking about?

At least be consistent in your argument. You're jumping all over the place.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chamberlain banged more women than Jordan so I give him the edge.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic makes no sense. Jordan won 6 titles being the man and leading the league in scoring. What are you talking about?

At least be consistent in your argument. You're jumping all over the place.

jordan won with a great supporting cast, great team defense, and a hof coach. he did not carry the team. the year he went and played baseball the bulls were a few point from going back to the finals, losing to the knicks in 7 games.