• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your business acumen is noted but, my question is why. Why is this such a pushed agenda? Why does such a huge minority group garner such interest?

The political tides have been turning for quite some time. Where have you been? Gay marriage and other gay issues have been more and more in the spotlight over the last decade with more and more states finding majorities in favor of letting people live as they see fit.

Like it or not, the majority are heading toward a place you aren't comfortable with. If you can't adapt and let people be who they are you are going to find yourself in more of these uncomfortable places. It's just how things are going like it or not.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faggotry is an abomination. I just tell the truth.

I have to join this Christianity cult. Its sounds great. You get to hate everyone and you get a magic book that allows you to justify all your hatred. Awesome!!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gays exist. So do fat people, people with strange facial jewelry protruding from every orafice, gender benders of every flavor, kids walking around with their pants half way down their legs and totally obese women in yoga pants.

I don't have to like who they are or what they do, but they are all humans. I will respect them accordingly as long as they give me no reason not to. If any of them kiss in public I'll politely turn away and go on with whatever else I was doing.

To expect others not to do things in public that might make others uncomfortable is stupid. the responsibly is on you to deal with it.

He's from the bible thumping south. They are full of bigots, racists, and otherwise people who expect everyone else to be just like them.

:wtf2:

One post you promote equality and understanding of all types and then your next post is condemnation based on religion and geographical location.

:crazy:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to join this Christianity cult. Its sounds great. You get to hate everyone and you get a magic book that allows you to justify all your hatred. Awesome!!

I'm Roman Catholic and that comment is an abomination..

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lie. A Catholic would understand God's Word on the subject.

You don't know shit about me.. I grew up of that faith.. Just because it's a sin in the Bible, does not make it right to insult people of that sexual orientation..

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your business acumen is noted but, my question is why. Why is this such a pushed agenda? Why does such a huge minority group garner such interest?

Because it's profitable.

And they are not targeting the gay population with this story. Since it broke several months ago there have been billions of clicks on it, not all of them are from gays.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The political tides have been turning for quite some time. Where have you been? Gay marriage and other gay issues have been more and more in the spotlight over the last decade with more and more states finding majorities in favor of letting people live as they see fit.

Like it or not, the majority are heading toward a place you aren't comfortable with. If you can't adapt and let people be who they are you are going to find yourself in more of these uncomfortable places. It's just how things are going like it or not.

That's such a pussy way to look at things. "Oh, oh, you don't agree with the direction? You need to conform or you will be labeled a bigot AND a racist." Well shucks, I better just give up any personal thought and accept the indoctrination that we are being given. Lovingly I might add.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's profitable.

And they are not targeting the gay population with this story. Since it broke several months ago there have been billions of clicks on it, not all of them are from gays.

It may not just be profitable to the media but the NFL as well and mostly for Michael Sam. Just watch, he'll be on Good morning America, CNN and other media outlets discussing is experience on draft day.

It's easy money and may possibly a distraction for the Rams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

One post you promote equality and understanding of all types and then your next post is condemnation based on religion and geographical location.

:crazy:

No, I said we have to tolerate them. I never said I couldn't make fun of the gays or the bigots nor that anyone else couldn't.

Nothing inconsistent with being able to point out when people are being bigots and still saying people on both sides have to deal with each other.

Sorry, but you didn't 'get' me there.

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's such a pussy way to look at things. "Oh, oh, you don't agree with the direction? You need to conform or you will be labeled a bigot AND a racist." Well shucks, I better just give up any personal thought and accept the indoctrination that we are being given. Lovingly I might add.

Nope, never said you can't express your opinions. Not once. Just understand that when you do others that don't agree with you are also free to express theirs.

I laugh when bigots get so damned offended at being called what they are while they are calling others names.

Be as intolerant as you care to be, but if you do it in public you can damned well expect others like me to make fun of you for it.

Carry on.
:suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone didn't draft him the gays would've been in an uproar. They're the "same" yet they want to be treated different. Had he not been a queen and announced it he would've been an UDFA

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone didn't draft him the gays would've been in an uproar. They're the "same" yet they want to be treated different. Had he not been a queen and announced it he would've been an UDFA

There's a good chance he only got drafted because of this, not in spite of it. The Rams seemed to more or less say what the fuck and might not have had there not been so much press on this guy.

Had he not been drafted and even not picked up as an UDFA I'm sure many gays wouldn't have cared as they don't follow or otherwise give a shit about sports even when gays are involved, or many would have understood he wasn't valued very high before anyone knew he was gay. It wouldn't have been an issue across all of that community.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think Goodell talked the Rams into drafting Sam? I also thought ESPNs coverage of Sam kissing his woman to be disturbing and disgusting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think Goodell talked the Rams into drafting Sam? I also thought ESPNs coverage of Sam kissing his woman to be disturbing and disgusting.

You can bet someone was exerting immense pressure to get this guy drafted. The kiss was revolting. I feel terrible for all the little boys who saw that and am glad I never had to witness something like that as a child who looked up to these guys. It's perverse.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's disgusting alright. Any spineless, two-faced twit that encourages or defends it, is just as disgusting.