• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams new sack theme..

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing was stupid. I remember one comment on ESPN saying, "And when someone drafts Michael Sam, what will that mean?" It means they have a DE prospect. Seriously WTF?

Michael Sam is a horrible pick because he's a giant distraction for a team. He made a giant spectacle of himself by coming out and is obviously an attention whore. I'm glad the Rams drafted him. That instantly makes their draft a B or lower due to this attention cry baby.

This.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Being accepting of gay people isn't the same thing as being forced to see them doing what a lot of us find revolting. Out of sight out of mind, so to speak.

Did you lose your remote, sir? You knew they were going to kiss. Sam's boyfriend was holding his hand the entire time and weeping when the Rams gave him phone call. How did you think the story was going to end? It's as predictable as the end of the movie Lincoln.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you lose your remote, sir? You knew they were going to kiss. Sam's boyfriend was holding his hand the entire time and weeping when the Rams gave him phone call. How did you think the story was going to end? It's as predictable as the end of the movie Lincoln.

Tell me the last time you saw two men kissing like that in a live setting. Maybe we watch different types of programming.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Being accepting of gay people isn't the same thing as being forced to see them doing what a lot of us find revolting. Out of sight out of mind, so to speak.

I really don't like seeing anyone make out in public, but I sure don't expect them to not simply to avoid making others uncomfortable. We are all exposed to many things in life we don't enjoy or agree with. Man up and be an adult and deal with it.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me the last time you saw two men kissing like that in a live setting. Maybe we watch different types of programming.

You could have easily turned the channel. You didn't have to watch them make out or share cake. If you're that sensitive to something so innocent, just cover your eyes or change the channel.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate PDA on any level. Think it's actually just as bad to see an ugly guy with a fat ugly woman slobbering over each other.

I think the guy, in the right defensive setting, could be a plus for a team. I mean he was the defensive Player of the Year in the SEC...let that sink in a little bit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the many factors that contributed to where we are now. "Just ignore it" has led us to the disgusting ESPN coverage we witnessed. If it is not about gays, then why the extra coverage? Why didn't they cover any of the other 280-some draftees on a national level with any length of time they covered this mess? The reason is because it is about the gay agenda. Period.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does anyone else think the Skinny white boy is going to get some great lovin tonight?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the many factors that contributed to where we are now. "Just ignore it" has led us to the disgusting ESPN coverage we witnessed. If it is not about gays, then why the extra coverage? Why didn't they cover any of the other 280-some draftees on a national level with any length of time they covered this mess? The reason is because it is about the gay agenda. Period.

:wtf:

The media makes something out of anything they can to sell ad space. That's what they are there for. Of course it's a story and was going to be one no matter what happened. And it will be a story when camp opens up and if he sticks then it will be a story on opening day. It will subside and be a non story soon enough.

Just hope if he stays that he helps your team. That's what matters, or should matter for your fan base. Whatever the media wants to do with this isn't going to hurt your team or it wasn't a stable team to begin with.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cameras were in their home!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like seeing anyone make out in public, but I sure don't expect them to not simply to avoid making others uncomfortable. We are all exposed to many things in life we don't enjoy or agree with. Man up and be an adult and deal with it.

I don't like seeing a man and a woman do it. I certainly don't want to see a man slurping cake out of another mans mouth. I'm not going to have anyone tell me what I need to do. Period. End of story.

Go Niners. :suds:

Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God any respectable team didn't take this guy. Not that I have anything against gays but just bc he was a douche about telling the world before he was about to drafted.

Couldn't he'd of waited until after he got signed, or just kept it to himself?

Gays must feel like they have to tell the world, most of us would rather not hear about it.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: If seeing two guys kissing makes you comfortable, why don't we just turn the channel or cover your eyes? It's not a big deal, particularly in 2014.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure idiots like you were saying the same thing back when blacks were being brought into sports. Stupid asses back then too.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I'm glad that Sam was drafted but let's be honest.. It screamed PR stunt.. Also, it's pretty much a given that Sam is exploiting his sexuality, which is a complete joke.. I would been fine with him announcing his sexuality and then him being drafted with no additional news.. The fact that this is big news is the reason prejudice still exists..

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say the priceless reactions by the ESPN panels after that mess was exactly many of us reacted to as well. Just ironic that the team that picked him is called the Rams and it was indeed a "perfect situation."