• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When Michael Sam the gay player from Missouri is not drafted what will the excuses be?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one of the many factors that contributed to where we are now. "Just ignore it" has led us to the disgusting ESPN coverage we witnessed. If it is not about gays, then why the extra coverage? Why didn't they cover any of the other 280-some draftees on a national level with any length of time they covered this mess? The reason is because it is about the gay agenda. Period.

The only agenda that the media has is to make money. If it was it was more profitable to be homophobic they would do that.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only agenda that the media has is to make money. If it was it was more profitable to be homophobic they would do that.

There are more homophobes in one state in this country than homosexuals on the planet. I'm not seeing the correlation. How is that possible, Sonny? Expound if you will.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase.. I have no qualms with the extra coverage.. But the video of him kissing his lover with cake was a bit much and showed that Sam was looking for more than just being drafted as a football player as was suggested.. It was obvious attention whoring and things like that are why there is a prejudice that exists.. If people didn't see someone as being of a different race, gender or sexual orientation, then there would be no reason to stereotype others.. Simple as that..

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more homophobes in one state in this country than homosexuals on the planet. I'm not seeing the correlation. How is that possible, Sonny? Expound if you will.

I'm just saying that the media is self serving, they dont have an agenda to make everyone gay.

What exactly are you talking about anyways? Just because there are more homophobes than gays doesn't mean that it would be a smart business move to target that demographic.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that the media is self serving, they dont have an agenda to make everyone gay.

What exactly are you talking about anyways? Just because there are more homophobes than gays doesn't mean that it would be a smart business move to target that demographic.

Because targeting the 2-3% of the population makes better business sense than targeting the 97-98%. Seems like a fair question.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase.. I have no qualms with the extra coverage.. But the video of him kissing his lover with cake was a bit much and showed that Sam was looking for more than just being drafted as a football player as was suggested.. It was obvious attention whoring and things like that are why there is a prejudice that exists.. If people didn't see someone as being of a different race, gender or sexual orientation, then there would be no reason to stereotype others.. Simple as that..

I didn't even see that. Dont really care to. But he doesn't need to do anything to play to my sensibilities. I dont walk on eggshells for anyone, why should he?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even see that. Dont really care to. But he doesn't need to do anything to play to my sensibilities. I dont walk on eggshells for anyone, why should he?

I just thought it was excessive.. I think he knew he would get a reaction out of that.. That's my point at least..

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gays exist. So do fat people, people with strange facial jewelry protruding from every orafice, gender benders of every flavor, kids walking around with their pants half way down their legs and totally obese women in yoga pants.

I don't have to like who they are or what they do, but they are all humans. I will respect them accordingly as long as they give me no reason not to. If any of them kiss in public I'll politely turn away and go on with whatever else I was doing.

To expect others not to do things in public that might make others uncomfortable is stupid. the responsibly is on you to deal with it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because targeting the 2-3% of the population makes better business sense than targeting the 97-98%. Seems like a fair question.

97-98% of the population are not homophobes. Everyone is not just one or the other, gay or homophobe.

The agenda here was collecting views, plain and simple. And they got them, from gays, homophobes and the indifferent majority. The media gives the people what they want, someone to root for and/or someone to root against. Then they just stand in the middle as we fight about it and collect advertising bucks. They dont really care what you think about it, just that you're interested.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else see this?

He's from the bible thumping south. They are full of bigots, racists, and otherwise people who expect everyone else to be just like them.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's from the bible thumping south. They are full of bigots, racists, and otherwise people who expect everyone else to be just like them.

People like him should not be on these forums.. Now that is an abomination..

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like him should not be on these forums.. Now that is an abomination..

Unfortunately if you are going to tell others they have to respect gays or other people they don't agree with, you also have to tolerate the neanderthals or otherwise bigoted folks around as well.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97-98% of the population are not homophobes. Everyone is not just one or the other, gay or homophobe.

The agenda here was collecting views, plain and simple. And they got them, from gays, homophobes and the indifferent majority. The media gives the people what they want, someone to root for and/or someone to root against. Then they just stand in the middle as we fight about it and collect advertising bucks. They dont really care what you think about it, just that you're interested.

Your business acumen is noted but, my question is why. Why is this such a pushed agenda? Why does such a huge minority group garner such interest?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately if you are going to tell others they have to respect gays or other people they don't agree with, you also have to tolerate the neanderthals or otherwise bigoted folks around as well.

No I don't