• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whats up with josh gordon now?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Josh Gordon "did not have any slip ups or failed tests."

Schefter reports Gordon's absence is "a pro-active, defensive gesture to get extra counseling to try to ensure he does not have any of the setbacks that have marked his past," exactly the situation Gordon described in a statement Monday morning. While the NFL ominously said they will "address" the situation, it sounds like Gordon is telling the truth. In his statement, Gordon said he has "every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon."

"
"NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the league will "address" the Josh Gordon situation "at the appropriate time."

In a statement, Gordon said he will miss the start of camp as part of his "overall health and treatment plan," but this ominous quote suggests there is something more going on. That said, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero was told Gordon is "absolutely not suspended." At this point, it is impossible to know if Gordon will be available for Week 1. The Browns have placed Gordon on the non-football illness list."

"
"A source told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that Josh Gordon is "absolutely not suspended."

Given his history, it is understandable some would be skeptical of Gordon, who says he is missing the start of camp as part of his "overall health and treatment plan." Pelissero's report suggests he is telling the truth, but NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy said the league will "address the matter at the appropriate time." It sounds like there is real reason for concern.

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
In a series of tweets, Josh Gordon said he will miss the start of training camp but has "every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon."

Gordon says the absence is "part of my overall health and treatment plan," suggesting this was expected. "By continuing to follow the plan set up by our medical director and his team and taking this time before this season starts," Gordon writes, "we believe it will help me maintain the progress I’ve made for not only today but for many years to come."

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he's opting to be a POOOOSAY

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something is going on if the league is involved
Didn't gather that the league had much to do with it other than the previously administered "treatment plan". Sounds like he's exploiting it just to get out of going to training camp.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with him. This is just a subtle way to hold out for more cash, gotta applaud Gordon to be one of the pioneers of this tactic. Naturally the Browns will give him a King's Ransom because they beliebs (that's not a typo) in uhh.. oh yah Baker Mayfield.

Pretty soon Bell will do the same thing. "I have some mental issues I need to resolve." *gets 4 year $60M extension* 24 hours later: "I am ready to play now and I have resolved my personal issues!"

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with him. This is just a subtle way to hold out for more cash, gotta applaud Gordon to be one of the pioneers of this tactic. Naturally the Browns will give him a King's Ransom because they beliebs (that's not a typo) in uhh.. oh yah Baker Mayfield.

Pretty soon Bell will do the same thing. "I have some mental issues I need to resolve." *gets 4 year $60M extension* 24 hours later: "I am ready to play now and I have resolved my personal issues!"
You are a fine one to talk. How many hunerds did you bilk out of OfficeMax doing the same shit?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this doesn't look good. If he fucked up again the organization has to be done w/ him once & for all. I hope he's clean though.
Says not drugs

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says not drugs
images

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a fine one to talk. How many hunerds did you bilk out of OfficeMax doing the same shit?

Dude wtf are you talking about? It was Staples... and I consider myself a savant. :martini:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be the league actually trying to find some common sense and common ground when it comes to marijuana. The policy is completely outdated and the NFL has to simply prepare for the inevitable.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may be the league actually trying to find some common sense and common ground when it comes to marijuana. The policy is completely outdated and the NFL has to simply prepare for the inevitable.
Yet they state no drugs and he’s in an illness list......

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they state no drugs and he’s in an illness list......

Perhaps he's in a voluntary rehab as part of his so-called recovery...I dunno. There is also that report about Martavis Bryant which simply vanished.....