• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston put together a super team in 2007.

The Lakers tried to do it with Malone and Payton in 2004.

The Rockets added Pippen, Barkley, and Drexler at various times attempting to build a superteam.

The Celtics lobbied harder than anyone to acquire former MVP Bill Walton to team up with Bird/Mchale/Parrish.

The 76ers got blasted by media when they added Moses Malone to four other freaking allstars in Erving, Toney, Cheeks, and Bobby Jones for stacking the deck.

This has happened for a zillion years.

Not to mention that the Showtime Lakers added Mychal Thompson via a mid-season trade with the Spurs.

At the time it happened, Larry Bird said the Celtics would have worked a deal for the Spurs to just keep him rather than have him go to the Lakers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the BEST option is Boston and for Boston it’s to get rid of Kyrie. Injury prone, you keep a wing for Lebron in Hayward. I could see Kyrie leaving or trading him in the future anyway. Kyrie gets screwed and goes back to Cleveland where he has nobody around him again lol

That would be hilarious if LeBron ends up in Boston & Mr. Flat Earth returns to the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something to keep an eye on might be where Lebron James Jr wants to play HS ball or at least where Sr thinks would be best for him. I've heard Sr mention several times the last couple of days mention his kids factoring into his decision because their older now so something like Jr's squad could be a larger factor than people realize if Sr wants to stay close to his family while they are in school

Could definitely see this. He's been in the league for 15 years and for him and his family, it's been about putting his career first.

Now, he's older and looking at the end of his career and for him and his family after he retires. Especially if he doesn't see a landing spot where he feels he's got a great shot at taking down the Warriors.

Maybe his son wants to follow in his footsteps at St.Vincent/St. Mary's?

Maybe his family would rather be in LA. There are some really good high school basketball teams in the area and some really good AAU teams.

Maybe they want to give Philly a try?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a better chance of CP3 and LeBron both joining the Lakers than there is of James going to the Rockets. Paul, LeBron, trade what you need to for Kawhi. That's a stretch but makes more sense than a ball dominant guy joining a team with 2 other ball dominant guys in Houston. Personally I think

1. Lakers 35%
2. Philly 25%
3. Cleveland 15%
4. Houston 15%
5. Field 10%

I'd have Philly at 1 but I just think addibg LeBron could really stunt Simmons growth moreso than just about anything including injury

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a better chance of CP3 and LeBron both joining the Lakers than there is of James going to the Rockets. Paul, LeBron, trade what you need to for Kawhi. That's a stretch but makes more sense than a ball dominant guy joining a team with 2 other ball dominant guys in Houston. Personally I think

1. Lakers 35%
2. Philly 25%
3. Cleveland 15%
4. Houston 15%
5. Field 10%

I'd have Philly at 1 but I just think addibg LeBron could really stunt Simmons growth moreso than just about anything including injury

Why would the Lakers be the favorite?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Lakers be the favorite?
More flexibility. They can bring in at least 1 more max guy ( 2 if they make some trades ). That lets LBJ be part of that process and hand pick who he wants. The other teams can't do that

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More flexibility. They can bring in at least 1 more max guy ( 2 if they make some trades ). That lets LBJ be part of that process and hand pick who he wants. The other teams can't do that

So maybe he gets another good player and they team up with a bunch of inexperienced young players, which LeBron doesn't really want to do. So than he can lose to the Warriors again before the Finals.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe he gets another good player and they team up with a bunch of inexperienced young players, which LeBron doesn't really want to do. So than he can lose to the Warriors again before the Finals.
Or they parlay those young guys into another max player. Lots of options really . I'm not sure it makes a difference at this point as nowhere he goes is going to make that team the favorite to beat GS save maybe Houston bit that's really only on paper as there's no real way those 3 guys could play together imo. Lakers aren't a perfect fit ( no team is ) they just allow James to create what he wants as opposed to trying to force a fit in Philly or Houston

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone start another thread about LeBron? There aren't enough right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers are the only team that can sign 2 max players and possibly add a 3rd via trade and still have at least a solid bench.

Even if they just add Lebron and PG...it gives them a better shot at taking down the Warriors than what he currently has or can put together in Cleveland. Probably makes them the #3 seed in the West and maybe #2 considering CP3's injury history.

Beginning next season, he likely isn't even getting out of the East anymore unless he goes to the Sixers. Even then, he may not be able to get past a healthy Celtics.

At least with the Lakers he may get another shot or 2 at the Warriors. He may not if he stays in the East.

I will say, if he doesn't go to the Lakers, I hope he goes to Philly. Reviving the old Celtics/Sixers rivalry with the added back story of Lebron vs. Kyrie would be pretty amazing.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston put together a super team in 2007.

The Lakers tried to do it with Malone and Payton in 2004.

The Rockets added Pippen, Barkley, and Drexler at various times attempting to build a superteam.

The Celtics lobbied harder than anyone to acquire former MVP Bill Walton to team up with Bird/Mchale/Parrish.

The 76ers got blasted by media when they added Moses Malone to four other freaking allstars in Erving, Toney, Cheeks, and Bobby Jones for stacking the deck.

This has happened for a zillion years.

Other way around, pal

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are the only team that can sign 2 max players and possibly add a 3rd via trade and still have at least a solid bench.

Even if they just add Lebron and PG...it gives them a better shot at taking down the Warriors than what he currently has or can put together in Cleveland. Probably makes them the #3 seed in the West and maybe #2 considering CP3's injury history.

Beginning next season, he likely isn't even getting out of the East anymore unless he goes to the Sixers. Even then, he may not be able to get past a healthy Celtics.

At least with the Lakers he may get another shot or 2 at the Warriors. He may not if he stays in the East.

I will say, if he doesn't go to the Lakers, I hope he goes to Philly. Reviving the old Celtics/Sixers rivalry with the added back story of Lebron vs. Kyrie would be pretty amazing.

Sure that would be better than Cleveland. Lakers need a lot of things to happen to be a threat to the Warriors. But I'm feeling LeBron wants more championships, I really think Boston could be a dark horse team for his services. Good head coach, they have flexibility and playoff experience. Lakers need a lot of things to happen to be a threat to the Warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure that would be better than Cleveland. Lakers need a lot of things to happen to be a threat to the Warriors. But I'm feeling LeBron wants more championships, I really think Boston could be a dark horse team for his services. Good head coach, they have flexibility and playoff experience. Lakers need a lot of things to happen to be a threat to the Warriors.

I agree he wants more championships.

The problem for Lebron is, where is he going to go that he can get more championships?

The Sixers? Maybe, but they are still very young and may have some concerns about him stunting Simmons growth. Plus, Redick is the only shooter they have and he can leave this summer I believe.

How is he getting to the Celtics? They can't sign him outright. Would the Cavs be interested in a trade for Kyrie if Lebron was even willing to do a sign and trade? Trading Lebron for Kyrie likely just puts the Cavs in NBA purgatory where they're always too good to get any help through the draft, not good enough to contend for a title and have no way of improving.

The Lakers may have a lot to do, but they can do it all in one off-season.

As I think we all agree, there is no perfect landing spot for him. Any team he goes to, including staying in Cleveland, will have a fair amount of work to do and even then, it may very well not be enough.

He may end up a Laker simply because they are the best of several flawed options when you add in the fact that he has homes and businesses out here.

I think he knows there is no perfect spot. That may be a big part of why he was putting so much emphasis on what his family wants as far as where he ends up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something to keep an eye on might be where Lebron James Jr wants to play HS ball or at least where Sr thinks would be best for him. I've heard Sr mention several times the last couple of days mention his kids factoring into his decision because their older now so something like Jr's squad could be a larger factor than people realize if Sr wants to stay close to his family while they are in school
There are so many layers to this.

His Son just led his Team to a Championship. But, he's also heavy into the AAU circuit....

Then there's Cp3......

It will be a interesting decision. Lots of kids go to the powerhouse schools in California and Chicago because it will give them more exposure, better training, higher profile....

Bronny doesn't need the extras. He gets it just from being the Son of a all time great.

---------

In case you haven’t heard, LeBron James‘ 13-year-old son, LeBron James Jr., is pretty good at basketball.

Shocking, I know.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago LeBron Jr. led his middle school team to an Independent School League tournament title in Ohio. But this past weekend he was in Houston this past weekend for an AAU tournament. And while LeBron Jr.’s actual father couldn’t come watch, he did have his godfather in attendance. Because his godfather is Houston Rockets superstar point guard Chris Paul.

What did CP3 think of his godson’s performance? He was pretty impressed.

In addition to his preternatural ball handing, passing, and shooting skills, LeBron Jr. also showed off his solid defensive acumen in Houston. In fact, after one particularly thunderous block, the cameraman quickly found Chris Paul on the sidelines and caught him staring at LeBron Jr. in awe.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Moving to Brookline, Mass.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't stay, I hope he does something out of the box like Phx, Tor, Mil, Uta

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many layers to this.

His Son just led his Team to a Championship. But, he's also heavy into the AAU circuit....

Then there's Cp3......

It will be a interesting decision. Lots of kids go to the powerhouse schools in California and Chicago because it will give them more exposure, better training, higher profile....

Bronny doesn't need the extras. He gets it just from being the Son of a all time great.

---------

In case you haven’t heard, LeBron James‘ 13-year-old son, LeBron James Jr., is pretty good at basketball.

Shocking, I know.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago LeBron Jr. led his middle school team to an Independent School League tournament title in Ohio. But this past weekend he was in Houston this past weekend for an AAU tournament. And while LeBron Jr.’s actual father couldn’t come watch, he did have his godfather in attendance. Because his godfather is Houston Rockets superstar point guard Chris Paul.

What did CP3 think of his godson’s performance? He was pretty impressed.

In addition to his preternatural ball handing, passing, and shooting skills, LeBron Jr. also showed off his solid defensive acumen in Houston. In fact, after one particularly thunderous block, the cameraman quickly found Chris Paul on the sidelines and caught him staring at LeBron Jr. in awe.

C'mon Magic...forget signing Lebron. Draft Lebron James Jr. this off-season.

Or better yet, sign Lebron and draft his son.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron, Booker, Ayton in Phoenix with complimentary pieces like Jackson and Warren.

Boom 2019 Champs

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Magic...forget signing Lebron. Draft Lebron James Jr. this off-season.

Or better yet, sign Lebron and draft his son.
Shit, might as well get Cp3 part one and two and all the Damn Wade's.....lol

#Proactive