• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see him going to Houston. it seems if he cant beat ya he comes and joins ya

See, I don't. The Rockets just have to do waaaay too much to do to their roster to even come close to having the cap space. Especially if CP3 sticks to his word and refuses to take less than his max.

Just having Lebron, CP3 and Harden isn't going to be enough, even if they can keep Capela (especially with CP3's injury history). The starters will be able to keep up with the Warriors, but not the bench.

Even at that, you have 3 ball dominant stars. Who's giving up the ball?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Cavs, unless he tells the Cavs early, the machinations just seem difficult.

The timing is going to be more important this off-season than probably any other and I think we'll get a pretty clear idea fairly early.

If the Cavs start shopping that #8 pick and whatever assets they can right away, then I think that means Lebron has told them he wants to stay and what they need to do to keep him.

If PG signs with the Lakers right away, or we see the Lakers try to make a trade for a top level guy...then I think that will mean there have been conversations between Lebron and PG (or other top player) and between Lebron and the Lakers indicating he wants to be in LA.

If it starts to drag out, then I think that means he's probably going to Philly or seeing what the Rockets can do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets would be a S&T option, not as a FA (impossible to get CP3 the max and sign Lebron to a max deal with Harden at his current salary). The trick is to get a package the Cavs will accept that doesn't give up too much to disinterest Lebron.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this would be a big time thread- and right now the conversations are across a number of them.

My opinion is that his MOST Likely avenue is staying in Cleveland- but that is under a 50% probability.

Right now this is what my percentages are- and they are of course subject to a million things that could change before now and the beginning of July

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: 35%
2. Los Angeles Lakers: 25%
3. Philadelphia 76'ers: 20%
4. Houston Rockets: 20%

If just pure going for a ring is most important to him- it will be Houston. He will force his way there and they will move mountains to get him. If he says- I want to go there. He will get there.

If he wants to stay in the East- and be on a team that is very talented- but could use his leadership- he will go to Philly.

If he wants to try and shake things up and make a big story out of it- he will go to LA

If he wants to protect his legacy he will stay in Cleveland.

If he stays with Cleveland, and Cleveland can bring in a solid player on the MLE, and a solid player with the trade of the #8 pick- this is a very solid option for him. It depends what they can add. If they can say, add a good 3 and D wing on the mid level thats ring hunting, and a player like McCollum with the pick. I think he stays in Cleveland.

If the Lakers can pull off getting 2 max players- by signing LeBron and George, and then say trading some of their young guys for a third max player- the Lakers become an option. If PG resigns in OKC you can take the Lakers off the table.

If Philly fires Colangelo and hires Griffin I think all of a sudden they get a leg up. LeBron likes and respects Griffin and it would give him a connection to Philly and a little bit of cover as to not look like a mercenary.

If he wants to simply win and win big then going to Houston is the play. I dont think LeBron wants to share the ball that much though- and even if he wins a title there- does it really improve his legacy that much winning with Harden and CP3? If he wants to share the load with other true superstars this is the way to go.
Is George even that good? I'd think joining him somewhere just prohibits getting a better overall team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is a proven career loser. There’s no winning ships with that guy

Disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he's leading a team to a title. But he could absolutely be a very important #2 option on a title winning team.

I'm not entirely convinced that he can't lead a team to a title, he hasn't really been on a roster with title contending talent.

But I can't say I've really seen anything from him that makes me say "If that guy had a couple of better players with him, he could lead a team to a title" either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are royally fucked with the Tristan/JR/Hill salaries. Unless they're lucky enough to find someone to take those in a deal with the #8 pick (can't think of a reason a team would do this), they're not going to have the room to offer Lebron anything enticing enough to get him to want to stay.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is George even that good? I'd think joining him somewhere just prohibits getting a better overall team.

Yes. He's an elite level 2 way wing player. Those players are very valuable in today's game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually sorted the SportsHoopla bookie "big wager bets" and our wager might have been the biggest head to head wager in the site....if you sort by "high stakes" we are at the top. I am not sure exactly how it works but that 20K appears to be the biggest head to head bet in some time on the site.

If you can convert some of that v cash to euros, I could use some.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ingram were on the Cavs.....Wiggy would be touting him as a future HOF'er like Wiggy did with Irving.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a player in his 3rd season and just 20 years old can't improve?

LOL

Not unless he plays for the Cavs. How can you not know this? lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are a pretty analytics driven organization in a lot of respects. I dont see them wanting Lonzo or Randle. Randle is an undersized big man that cant shoot. Lonzo is a terrible shooter--- unless they had other ultimate destinations for those guys that would surprises me.

I have always said i believe it was Cleveland or LA- but i am starting to think Houston is becoming a more likely destination as his frustration grows.

If the Lakers can someone add a third big time player i think that helps and could push them over the edge.

Personally- if he leaves i want him to go to Houston because he wont be in Houston long term. IF he went to LA or Philly he might be at either of those places long term.

Don't think too hard on it, lol. I was just joking around. None of it was serious other than the notion that Lebron could get any team to trade anyone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are royally fucked with the Tristan/JR/Hill salaries. Unless they're lucky enough to find someone to take those in a deal with the #8 pick (can't think of a reason a team would do this), they're not going to have the room to offer Lebron anything enticing enough to get him to want to stay.
even without Tristan, JR and Hill--- just counting love, lebron, korver, osman, etc....im not sure they would have enough for more than say 1 max guy. if that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even without Tristan, JR and Hill--- just counting love, lebron, korver, osman, etc....im not sure they would have enough for more than say 1 max guy. if that.
Osman and Korver only account for $10mil against the cap though, so they're actually pretty nice pieces to have. Tristan/JR/Hill account for $51 mil combined, so with them there, Cleveland has no shot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been struggling with this one.

There are major flaws with all 4 primary destinations.

LA: not competitive enough yet and has to go through GS
CLE: roster sucks and is capped out
PHI: on court fit not ideal
HOU: in court for not ideal and they would sacrifice all their depth

There is 1 option that does make sense on all fronts if LeBron gets creative.

Boston

LeBron asks for a sign and trade with either Hayward or Kyrie as the primary return piece (probably Hayward). Something like:

Hayward, Morris and a first

Or

Irving, Morris + a couple cheap guys like Ojele and a first

Either would draw the Celtics damn near even with GS and fit LeBron's game a lot better. Plus, LeBron would get to work with a real coach (might not be good).

Boston is by far LeBron's best option, and it is an option.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been struggling with this one.

There are major flaws with all 4 primary destinations.

LA: not competitive enough yet and has to go through GS
CLE: roster sucks and is capped out
PHI: on court fit not ideal
HOU: in court for not ideal and they would sacrifice all their depth

There is 1 option that does make sense on all fronts if LeBron gets creative.

Boston

LeBron asks for a sign and trade with either Hayward or Kyrie as the primary return piece (probably Hayward). Something like:

Hayward, Morris and a first

Or

Irving, Morris + a couple cheap guys like Ojele and a first

Either would draw the Celtics damn near even with GS and fit LeBron's game a lot better. Plus, LeBron would get to work with a real coach (might not be good).

Boston is by far LeBron's best option, and it is an option.
The deliciousness of getting Kyrie sent back to Cleveland is just too much though. How could that ever happen?