• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Lebron IS the reason Kyrie left. But not in the way some try to make it out to be.

Kyrie left because he didn't want to play Robin to Lebron's Batman anymore. Not because Lebron did anything directly to drive him away or wanted him gone.

In fact, Lebron called the Cavs and specifically told them NOT to trade Kyrie.
ehhhhhhh...i dunno about that

Kyrie didnt like getting "sonned"

LeBron always made the point he was GIVING Kyrie his "blueprint"--- Kyrie didnt want or feel like he needed LeBron's "blueprint" he wanted his own.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the fuck are you talking about?

I was saying that over a decade ago Howard and LeBron were the 2 biggest endorsers in the NBA in Orlando and Cleveland.

So over a decade ago matters today? LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So over a decade ago matters today? LOL.
it shows you that EVEN 10 years ago that backwater like Orlando can have the leading endorser (or close to it) in the league. Obviously the point flew over your head.

you can play in LA or New York or you can play in Peoria Illinois and be the NBA's lead endorser. 30 years ago if you werent in LA or NY or BOS you absolutely COULD not be the leagues leading endorser as you werent on national TV and didnt have the platform that guys have today.

If LeBron plays in Oklahoma City or if he plays in New York City he is going to be the biggest thing in the league. Get a fucking clue.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is some truth here unfortunately.

The coach thing is a huge thing. LeBron has never wanted to play in a system. He always wants LEBRON to be the system. This makes it easy on guys sometimes- but in some ways it makes it extremely hard on guys.

This is the dark side of LeBron- he absolutely does not want a coach that would hold him accountable to any type of system- and he absolutely will defer the ball- but he will never defer the credit.
And so it begins, Wiggy starts the process of letting go, taking shots at LeBron. When he leaves, expect treatment similar to how he now writes about Kyrie. Not saying it's unusual fan behavior but it cracks me up every time

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins, Wiggy starts the process of letting go, taking shots at LeBron. When he leaves, expect treatment similar to how he now writes about Kyrie. Not saying it's unusual fan behavior but it cracks me up every time
ive said this about LeBron for years. LeBron is far from perfect. I said a while back- id love a reporter to just once ask LeBron why guys like Clarkson and Hood all of a sudden cant play when they come to play with LeBron.

Its because LeBron is the system- there is nothing to fall back on- some guys thrive under it like Korver- some guys cant adjust.

Ty Lue sucks as a coach- but LeBron likes him. Id MUUUUUUUUUCH rather have a guy like Budenholzer but LeBron isnt going to play in a system.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said this about LeBron for years. LeBron is far from perfect. I said a while back- id love a reporter to just once ask LeBron why guys like Clarkson and Hood all of a sudden cant play when they come to play with LeBron.

Its because LeBron is the system- there is nothing to fall back on- some guys thrive under it like Korver- some guys cant adjust.

Ty Lue sucks as a coach- but LeBron likes him. Id MUUUUUUUUUCH rather have a guy like Budenholzer but LeBron isnt going to play in a system.

Funny how guys who are used to having or needing the ball regress, but you think TT is something special.
LeBron has the opposite effect with the players who dont need the ball.
They’ll have decent stats/games because they aren’t accounted for.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we do not have to see---- but if we do- I think you will be surprised.

There are so many teams that would be thrilled to get Love. Id say the WORST they would do for him in a trade is a first and a solid young player. The Suns would EASILY give up something like Chriss and a 1st for him. Your Wiz? I mean- Love would actually make them semi-relevant and would help immensely. In todays league a player like Love- who can shoot the 3, rebound, and pass has never had more value.

The Suns aren't giving a first for K Love unless I think is heavily protected.

You have to look at the teams that might be interested. A team like the wizards surely would be, but it wouldn't make them relevant unless they could get him without giving up Wall, Beal or Porter. You would likely be looking at taking back bad contracts (Gortat and Mahimi) along with 2 firsts.

I don't know if that helps Cleveland or not, but I do know giving Porter or what few cheap, young talented players they have doesn't help Washington.

Seriously though, aside from maybe Phoenix, how many teams have quality young assets they would be willing to give up for a 29 year old shooter/rebounder who doesn't play defense and is slated to make $50 million over the next 2 seasons?

Love does not elevate anybody. He is a good player, probably best served to be a second option on a really good defensive team like Utah or a 3rd option on a team like Cleveland was (maybe Philly if they strike out in FA).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca
You owe me a v dinner.
You Damn right, I do.

I will send a " waitress " over with your order.

Thank you!!!!!

14658-2007-steak-and-strip-dinner-vilnius.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of funny business?

Hes never stayed healthy and hes not getting any younger.

If he wants a long term max, he may be SOL.
True.

But, I have seen a few rumors suggesting they may trrrrrrrry to go that route and he isn't having it.

He wants the full max at 5 years.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably more steroids

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns aren't giving a first for K Love unless I think is heavily protected.

You have to look at the teams that might be interested. A team like the wizards surely would be, but it wouldn't make them relevant unless they could get him without giving up Wall, Beal or Porter. You would likely be looking at taking back bad contracts (Gortat and Mahimi) along with 2 firsts.

I don't know if that helps Cleveland or not, but I do know giving Porter or what few cheap, young talented players they have doesn't help Washington.

Seriously though, aside from maybe Phoenix, how many teams have quality young assets they would be willing to give up for a 29 year old shooter/rebounder who doesn't play defense and is slated to make $50 million over the next 2 seasons?

Love does not elevate anybody. He is a good player, probably best served to be a second option on a really good defensive team like Utah or a 3rd option on a team like Cleveland was (maybe Philly if they strike out in FA).
Clippers.

He could play next to Harris while Gallo continues to steal money from the bench in his designer suit.

They have 2 mid firsts.

I could see them trading one or both if the guy they want is gone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers.

He could play next to Harris while Gallo continues to steal money from the bench in his designer suit.

They have 2 mid firsts.

I could see them trading one or both if the guy they want is gone.

If the Clips decide to go all in on being a 40 win team with no future, this would make sense.

Then again, I thought they traded Blake to avoid exactly that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how guys who are used to having or needing the ball regress, but you think TT is something special.
LeBron has the opposite effect with the players who dont need the ball.
They’ll have decent stats/games because they aren’t accounted for.
TT went from basically 12 and 10 as a 21 year old sophomore player to a lot less than that with LEBron. His stats went down too.