• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will be the best conference in 2014?

Best College Football Conference in 2014 will be...

• American Athletic Conference (AAC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference USA (C-USA)

• Mountain West Conference (MWC)

• Total voters

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The piggly wiggly comment was a Finebaum show classic.

When two fans of two different sec teams were debating school superiority, the conversation took an unexpected turn when one fan went to this "my piggly wiggly is better than yo piggly wiggly."

Those words turned the heated discussion into a 4 alarm fire debate.

:dhd:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Texas and OU ever get back to where they were, the big 12 top to bottom will be brutual. Okie light and Baylor have become fixtures in the top 25, K-state usually makes a run and now Texas Tech is landing top QB recruits for kingsbury. TCU and West Virginia should get it together, i think they had strength of schedule shock moving up to the big 12.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC will be solid as usual, and depending on how Ole Miss and Miss St. do, they could be the best conference.

My current calculations have UCLA and Oregon both in the top 3, however.......so I am going with the PAC 12 for now.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC will be solid as usual, and depending on how Ole Miss and Miss St. do, they could be the best conference.

My current calculations have UCLA and Oregon both in the top 3, however.......so I am going with the PAC 12 for now.

They coulndt finish that way until maybe after the bowls. at best they meet in the Pac 12 title game with 1 of them having at least 1 loss. They meet at game 6 probably top 10 for each. depending on where they start and how the season goes before that for eveyone else they could be top 5 each. a loss will send 1 team back to at least #10 maybe 13. 6 weeks to build back up into top 10 but then play each other again. another loss for 1 team woudl likely see them out of the top 10 or first loss for the other would still push them back to around 10. This of course is all provided they run the table otherwise.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I built a computer program that just simulates how each team is compared to every other team in the nation. So it doesn't know which teams are paired up in which conferences or anything yet, or who plays who.

After my first run through it had UCLA at #2 and Oregon at #3.

It will be interesting after I plug in schedules and all that to see how things change. For instance, right now it says Alabama is #9, but after I plug in their schedule it looks like they could jump all the way to the top 2 or 3.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I built a computer program that just simulates how each team is compared to every other team in the nation. So it doesn't know which teams are paired up in which conferences or anything yet, or who plays who.

After my first run through it had UCLA at #2 and Oregon at #3.

It will be interesting after I plug in schedules and all that to see how things change. For instance, right now it says Alabama is #9, but after I plug in their schedule it looks like they could jump all the way to the top 2 or 3.

I always enjoy looking at your rankings and predictions.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the year that the PAC12 rules the roost. Obviously Oregon and Stanford will be at the top, but UCLA will be very good and USC could have a very good year if they avoid injuries and beat Stanford early. Washington could also make an appearance.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pac-12 will finally be the better conference this year

The depth of the Pac-12 is ridiculous.

there's going to be a lot of good teams in that conference

only issue with the Pac-12 is they don't have a true national title contender that pops out to me, Oregon, Stanford and UCLA all have too many flaws.

meanwhile the SEC has Auburn and Alabama, though Alabama will likely be a little more flawed than in years past.

Kentucky and Arkansas are worse than any team in the Pac-12

Vandy will make a step down without Franklin

Mississippi State is getting a lot of hype, but I think that's ESPN trying to make the SEC look better.

Ole Miss could end up being a team good enough for 3rd or 4th in the Pac-12 or middle of the road again.

Washington is a good wild card team in the Pac-12, if things click under Petersen and they can finally do something against Oregon they could be a title contender.

Washington State will be better under Leach this year too, and keep in mind they nearly won at Auburn in last season's opener.

Utah is another wild card in the Pac-12, they could break through this year, the key is finally having a healthy QB, Travis Wilson is talented, as proven against Stanford last year. He has to stay healthy, last time Utah had a healthy team for the entire season was 2008, the year they went unbeaten and beat Alabama in the Sugar bowl.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I homered, but when you look at all the QB's returning it's hard not to like the PAC12 to be the best one! Go Utes!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all seriousness aside, I think some folks are on to something with the Sun Belt and the Mac

those two conferences are primed to take over College Football

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the year that the PAC12 rules the roost. Obviously Oregon and Stanford will be at the top, but UCLA will be very good and USC could have a very good year if they avoid injuries and beat Stanford early. Washington could also make an appearance.

It certainly will be.. The SEC has discovered the forward pass. However, most of their quality teams ( and Florida) will be breaking new QB's with a lot of hiccups. I mention Fla only because of Driskel. The media is all over this kid, giving Fla fans " false hope " suggesting an up tempo is the difference… The problem is this kid couldn't hit a receiver in a slowdown offense.. BTW ( Driskel ) had his clock cleaned by a kid who is on the bench or is transferring from his college in the under armor game.

Meanwhile the PAC has a ton of experience at the QB position and will be lighting up the numbers. The problem is due to the fact the PAC plays 9 IC games they will have 6 guaranteed loses rather than 12 guaranteed wins, unless your playing Georgia Southern:laugh3:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not gonna matter what type of offense Florida installs if Driskel's running the show. That kid sucks.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be the homer in me, but I think the B1G will be strong. I am not saying at the level of P12 or SEC, but I personally would put them above Big 12. I honestly think they are more comparable to the Big 12 than the ACC. I think the B1G has a higher % of quality teams, but also have worse ones too.

I think coming into 2014:

B1G will have Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State as their quality teams.Big 12 will have Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas (yes, I said them), and Kansas State as their quality teams

I think the teams that might be quality for either conference are Northwestern, West Virginia, Minnesota, TCU. Indiana and Iowa State are teams I can see be dangerous for many teams, but will not have good seasons. TTU, Purdue, Kansas, Illinois are just awful teams and would be as good on either team.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost me right here. You ever heard of Cal or Colorado?

I think both of them are going to make good improvements

especially Colorado their coach is one of the most underrated in the country.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see one conference standing out as being the best. Lots of parity going on. SEC used to have this title, but once Aggy brought the forward pass and no huddle offense, the SEC defenses have been exposed. Last year might have been the worst SEC defenses ever. Big 12 might be the best top to bottom, but not a real clear cut NC contender; same with Pac 12. B1G will suck until proven otherwise, which for all we know, the B1G could emerge as a tough conference this year. ACC is FSU and that's it. Don't give a shit about the mid majors.....