• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is your signature dish?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your signature dish or dessert that you are known for or enjoy making the most?

I make a mean Veal Ossobucco with risotto that people really seem to enjoy. I use the fond for the sauce and deglaze with red wine. It is one of those things you dont want to eat too often to keep you "hungry" for it.

The signature dessert would be a simple crème brulee. You have to make the custard properly and precisely. Bake them gently half way submerged in water to keep things even and gentle. Those are 2 of the most important steps to make good crème brulee. Also, it should be made with real vanilla beans preferably from Madagascar.

What say you? I know some of you fuckers can cook better than the average person so lets here what you got!!!:drool:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making my own Teriyaki sauce and marinating meat and chicken with it. Grilled.

I also make a killer seafood pasta Alfredo.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teriyaki w/ Alfredo? Interesting! This is exactly the type of things I hope to get out of threads like this. New ideas to try. The first rule in cooking these days is there are no rules.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and congrats on your 5,000th post!:clap:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try cooking yer toppings (chicken, mushrooms, and zuchini, for example) in Szechuan sauce topped on Alfredo pasta. It's awesome.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple Pie
My dough making skills are dangerous.
I use tangerine juice instead of lemon juice for the filling.

Thanksgiving Turkey
Both breasts slide off the bone intact.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple Pie
My dough making skills are dangerous.
I use tangerine juice instead of lemon juice for the filling.

Thanksgiving Turkey
Both breasts slide off the bone intact.

Making good dough is very important. Lots of people concentrate on just the filling. Good skill to master there!

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making good dough is very important. Lots of people concentrate on just the filling. Good skill to master there!

5 cups flour
1 tbs baking powder
4 sticks of COLD butter sliced in tiny cubes, put in freezer for 5 mins before adding to the flour
1 cup of Cold water with 1 tbs of kosher salt dissolved

Add the butter gradually first, once they are all in pour in the water little by little until the dough comes together.

Slap that bundle of joy in saran wrap toss it in the refrigerator for 6 hours roll it out to make 2 tops and 2 bottoms

375 for 40 minutes
If you bake two at a time set a timer for 20 mins and switch the pies from the top rack to the bottom rack.

And you will need a kitchen aid mixer with the hook attacment for the dough.

Filling
1 stick of butter melted in a pan
Add 8 peeled and sliced apples and let them simmer for 3 mins
Add 2/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tbs cinnamon
4 tangerines juiced mix with 2 tbs of corn starch
Mix all that together and let cool

If the pies bake up correctly, lock the door, unhook the phone and dispose of the evidence.
When you wake up from the apple pie induced coma, refer back to this post and start the glorious journey again.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few.

One is a ragu made with andouille sausage and boneless thighs served over a high fiber rotini with side salad.
That is my personal favorite.

Another is Jaegerschnitzel with home made spaetzle in a cream sauce made with white wine and broth though that is not so much my recipe as a recipe that I have learned to make well.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few.

One is a ragu made with andouille sausage and boneless thighs served over a high fiber rotini with side salad.
That is my personal favorite.

Another is Jaegerschnitzel with home made spaetzle in a cream sauce made with white wine and broth though that is not so much my recipe as a recipe that I have learned to make well.

Looks like you know how to cook too! "Don't forget to slap your spaetzle!" :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signature dish: Stacked enchiladas...pretty sure the thing that made my wife fall in love with me :)
newest endeavour: sushi rolls. Getting pretty good at em, fun to make and simple and impresses people when you bust them out at a small get-together.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signature dish: Stacked enchiladas...pretty sure the thing that made my wife fall in love with me :)
newest endeavour: sushi rolls. Getting pretty good at em, fun to make and simple and impresses people when you bust them out at a small get-together.

Sushi Rolls- Remembah...rice no stick if keep fingers wet!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably brownies. And I under cook them slightly so that the inside is still slightly gooey. The best.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your signature dish or dessert that you are known for or enjoy making the most?

I make a mean Veal Ossobucco with risotto that people really seem to enjoy. I use the fond for the sauce and deglaze with red wine. It is one of those things you dont want to eat too often to keep you "hungry" for it.

The signature dessert would be a simple crème brulee. You have to make the custard properly and precisely. Bake them gently half way submerged in water to keep things even and gentle. Those are 2 of the most important steps to make good crème brulee. Also, it should be made with real vanilla beans preferably from Madagascar.

What say you? I know some of you fuckers can cook better than the average person so lets here what you got!!!:drool:

I'll have to think about my fav and get back to this thread.

Nice choice OP:clap:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that's had my New England Seafood Soup raves over it. And it's one of those dishes where it's done in 30 minutes. The meat I put in at aminimum is clams, shrimp and one fillet of fish like bass or grouper, everything but the fish is precooked. You can throw lobster or crab in it if you have some left over.

Fry up some bacon in your soup pan. Remove bacon and leave about 3 tablespoons of bacon grease in the pan. In the same pan, melt some butter, throw in chopped green peppers, onions and simmer until the onions are soft. Add in flour directly and stir into a paste. And chicken bouillon,mushroom, whole corn and white wine, sage or thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook down a bit. The mixture should be thicker than soup and thinner than stew at this point. If more flour is needed, add it. More wine or boullion can be used to thin out the mixture.

Add in fish and cook about one minute. Remove from heat and let cool. It can cool as long as you want, but you must at least get the heat out of it. Once cool, add in heavy cream making the mixture about bread white. The more the better as far as I'm concerned. Add in the remaining seafood items...precooked clams, shrimp, lobster and crab, a dash of Tabasco anda dash of Worcestershire Sauce.

Place back on low heat and bring up to eating temp. Do not boil as the heavy cream will curdle. Oh yeah...top with the crispy fried bacon.

Do not submit to any blood work for at least 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A super size Mc Donalds # 4 meal is my go to......

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dinner - Beef Stroganoff

Dessert - Peach tarts.

I made some absolutely awesome chocolate truffles(my one and only time ever) four years ago for my son's french class. I had three or four different varieties and the teachers wanted me to bring back more. Those truffles were a lot of work and I don't have a frozen board to roll them on so I had to work fast is all I remember from it. I did win the best parent award that year.