• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the next step for Mr. Belichick?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

I gave you the cake award because until I know WTH that is to be used for I want to integrate into posts I like. Because I like cake.
LOL
I dont know if the cake award is a good thing or bad thing either. Never know when it is supposed to be used. So I just avoid it & do cardio :heh:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mic Drop!

Right after the Eagles beat the Pat's again in this year's Super Bowl and he blames Tommy Boy for costing them the game!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
retirement1.png

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

It was clear why Butler did not play a precedent needed to be set when it comes to dealing with hard headed rule breakers. Butler knew he was not playing the team knew why Butler was not playing, DMAC stated the team was aware. Not sure how Butler not showing up for team meetings on time, missing curfew etc was to be excusable. I don't blame BB one bit.

Butler knew he was gone end of season, and the team knew it too, the fanbase as well. Butler played well but not the type of well where the Pats would offer him some monster deal. White? Not sure what you mean here? You speak of loyalty if Butler were loyal he would not have missed curfew and been late to meetings. And sorry but cap space trumps loyalty every time.

Well, that precedent has been set for over a decade. Being a hardass is what Bill's known for. So letting whatever it was slide……FOR THE SUBERBOWL should have been OK. Especially if you still can set an example/maintain precedent by sending him on his way the very next season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go figure.

1 + 1 = 2, 2+ 2 = 4 Rams have about $30M more invested in their defense and the Pats will spend about $300K to improve thiers......I'm exhausted doing this much homework.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they won't let us change we asked. But hell it's not like the Giants, Redskins and Cowboy's are tearing it up either.

I am not pissed about it, just pointing it out. You are correct about the division my team plays in. Lots of down teams for the most part.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda, yeah. Maybe worse if what he did was worse. You'd think after getting torched for 8 billion yards in the 1st half he might give Butler a chance. He's gone afterwards anyway.

Point being, it was short term, in a game and didn't really punish the rest of the team harshly.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Potato Salad with bacon bits on the TB12 diet plan?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

It was clear why Butler did not play a precedent needed to be set when it comes to dealing with hard headed rule breakers. Butler knew he was not playing the team knew why Butler was not playing, DMAC stated the team was aware. Not sure how Butler not showing up for team meetings on time, missing curfew etc was to be excusable. I don't blame BB one bit.

Butler knew he was gone end of season, and the team knew it too, the fanbase as well. Butler played well but not the type of well where the Pats would offer him some monster deal. White? Not sure what you mean here? You speak of loyalty if Butler were loyal he would not have missed curfew and been late to meetings. And sorry but cap space trumps loyalty every time.

Gotta agree. Bill has won 5 SB's with that team sticking to his rules. Be it Terry Glenn, Takeo Spikes, Ty Law, Jonas Gray, Troy Brown, Andy Katzenmoyer...

If you put something before the team when it comes to time to be with the team, that's the consequence.

I'm not going to say Belichicks way of running a team isn't the right way. He knows a lot more about that than me and is a lot more successful at it than anyone I know.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play him a quarter/half. fine.. something other than the whole game.

I think a lot of the player are angry even if they can't say it.
They may be but they don't run the team, stop treating them like pussies.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree. Bill has won 5 SB's with that team sticking to his rules. Be it Terry Glenn, Takeo Spikes, Ty Law, Jonas Gray, Troy Brown, Andy Katzenmoyer...

If you put something before the team when it comes to time to be with the team, that's the consequence.

I'm not going to say Belichicks way of running a team isn't the right way. He knows a lot more about that than me and is a lot more successful at it than anyone I know.

He fucked up royally that time.

Maybe if he came clean with his explanation.

But you don't get mulligans in a Super Bowl.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be but they don't run the team, stop treating them like pussies.

Who is treating them like pussies?

It's worse to think they don't matter and fuck 'em.

That is a play Belichick will never get back.

Even the great ones fuck up.

Except me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 + 1 = 2, 2+ 2 = 4 Rams have about $30M more invested in their defense and the Pats will spend about $300K to improve thiers......I'm exhausted doing this much homework.

tenor.gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB doesn't owe any of us an explanation. Sure I'd love to know what really happened. But that would make Bill a huge hypocrite if he went public on what happened. It's a personal team matter. Bill should be applauded rather then being ridiculed for keeping it in house.

Some people make it sound like BB wanted to lose this game:doh:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if these rules he has and his inflexibility on him is what was a crucial piece of creating the Pats dynasty, that's a fuck-up for not sticking with it for his career?

Nah. Doing what the Pats do isn't a bad thing I don't think.

And who cares his explanation. Has he ever explained anything? What does that change?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Captain Participation Trophy

Fuck Belichick guy saved his ass in the SB with Seattle , Pats were down 10 points in the 4th Q, Brady throws 2 tds to give them a 4 pt lead with very little time. Seattle gets like 95 yards on 3 plays and Butler saves the day. Reminds me of the 07 SB but Samuels couldn't int a ball that you could have. I think Pats could have another SB 4 years ago if we had another coach, guy fucking lost HFA to Denver on 4 of the worst decision games I have every seen. Going for it on 4th and 2 on your own 30, up to Indy and manning was genius:L