• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

7-1 at the Halfway Point

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are 7-1 after the first eight weeks of the NFL season. they played well with two back up quarterbacks and have done better with Brady back steering the ship.

Going forward the Patriots have a mixed bag ........

Week 10 - Seattle - This team is an enigma. The Legion of Doom one week and the Legion of Boom the next. Some of it has to do with making adjustment of life with out the beast Marshawn Lynch and some of it is making adjustments to Russell Wilson being dinged up. They've also had a bunch of minor injuries where the team just hasn't seemed to find any type of groove.

Week 11 - @ San Francisco - Tom Brady gets to play his first game as a Patriot in front of his hometown fans. This could be a long day for the 49ers if Tom decides to show off.

Week 12 - @ New York Jets - Always a tough game regardless of the team records. The Jets are suffering through a horrible offensive season. Lot of talk of them trading a bunch of players before the deadline tomorrow.

Week 13 - Los Angeles - Pats come home to host another NFC West opponent. Rams have problems and about half of the football world think it's their head coach Jeff Fisher. They can play and if the Pats are 10-1 you can bet, they'd like to be the team that beats TB for the first time in 2016.

Week 14 - Baltimore - Ravens are going through another tumultuous year and nothing could put them straight like beating the Pats. The biggest problem for the Ravens is that the defense is not the defense of the past.

Week 15 - @Denver - If Denver can keep going and continue to pull out wins at the alast minute or continue to have opponents shoot themselves in the foot in the fourth quarter, this game has monumental implications. The Broncos have lost two games and if they are 11-2 when this game starts, they'll be playing to not travel to Foxboro for the AFCCG. This will be the Bronco defense at its full tilt best. Brady is 2-7 at Denver and nothing would be more satisfying than to leave 3-7.

Week 16 - New York Jets - I don't think Bill Belichick will ever back off the final two games like he did in 2015 where he gave away the home field and it cost the Patriots a repeat trip to the Super Bowl. Jets will not get the Patriots Backs.

Week 17 - @Miami - BB laid an egg in Miami for the final game last year and you know he plans to scramble those eggs this year. The Patriots end the season and start the new year with a strong win and two weeks off before they host an AFC Divisional game at Foxboro.

All things being equal, there's no reason that the Patriots can't finish this season 15-1. The only thing that can slow the train are injuries. From my seat, there are only two really challenging games remaining. Seattle and Denver. There are only two issues that the Patriots have to deal with..........Offensive Line doing their job and the the defense doing a much better job tackling. Tackling can be easily fixed with some practice. The OL may need a bit of an overhaul or to have one guy step up and become a Logan Mankins type of locker room ass kicker.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots are 7-1 after the first eight weeks of the NFL season. they played well with two back up quarterbacks and have done better with Brady back steering the ship.

Going forward the Patriots have a mixed bag ........

Week 10 - Seattle - This team is an enigma. The Legion of Doom one week and the Legion of Boom the next. Some of it has to do with making adjustment of life with out the beast Marshawn Lynch and some of it is making adjustments to Russell Wilson being dinged up. They've also had a bunch of minor injuries where the team just hasn't seemed to find any type of groove.

Week 11 - @ San Francisco - Tom Brady gets to play his first game as a Patriot in front of his hometown fans. This could be a long day for the 49ers if Tom decides to show off.

Week 12 - @ New York Jets - Always a tough game regardless of the team records. The Jets are suffering through a horrible offensive season. Lot of talk of them trading a bunch of players before the deadline tomorrow.

Week 13 - Los Angeles - Pats come home to host another NFC West opponent. Rams have problems and about half of the football world think it's their head coach Jeff Fisher. They can play and if the Pats are 10-1 you can bet, they'd like to be the team that beats TB for the first time in 2016.

Week 14 - Baltimore - Ravens are going through another tumultuous year and nothing could put them straight like beating the Pats. The biggest problem for the Ravens is that the defense is not the defense of the past.

Week 15 - @Denver - If Denver can keep going and continue to pull out wins at the alast minute or continue to have opponents shoot themselves in the foot in the fourth quarter, this game has monumental implications. The Broncos have lost two games and if they are 11-2 when this game starts, they'll be playing to not travel to Foxboro for the AFCCG. This will be the Bronco defense at its full tilt best. Brady is 2-7 at Denver and nothing would be more satisfying than to leave 3-7.

Week 16 - New York Jets - I don't think Bill Belichick will ever back off the final two games like he did in 2015 where he gave away the home field and it cost the Patriots a repeat trip to the Super Bowl. Jets will not get the Patriots Backs.

Week 17 - @Miami - BB laid an egg in Miami for the final game last year and you know he plans to scramble those eggs this year. The Patriots end the season and start the new year with a strong win and two weeks off before they host an AFC Divisional game at Foxboro.

All things being equal, there's no reason that the Patriots can't finish this season 15-1. The only thing that can slow the train are injuries. From my seat, there are only two really challenging games remaining. Seattle and Denver. There are only two issues that the Patriots have to deal with..........Offensive Line doing their job and the the defense doing a much better job tackling. Tackling can be easily fixed with some practice. The OL may need a bit of an overhaul or to have one guy step up and become a Logan Mankins type of locker room ass kicker.
You're on it dog gone it. I think we all would've settled on 12-4 pre season. 13-3 extatic. 14-2 wawhooooo. 15-1 OMG.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have lost RB Bishop Sankey off their practice squad, as he has been signed to the Chiefs' 53-man roster. When the Patriots promoted RB Tyler Gaffney to the roster on Saturday, Sankey might have figured he had too many depth obstacles to stick around and earn a promotion in the future.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on it dog gone it. I think we all would've settled on 12-4 pre season. 13-3 extatic. 14-2 wawhooooo. 15-1 OMG.
lets go 8-1 before we proclaim 15-1:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets go 8-1 before we proclaim 15-1:suds:
I got you. I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Just mentioning that I don't think many fans thought NE would be 7-1 right now. We're onto the bye.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the lost Collins on D, though apparently he was a cancer so I guess that's fine.. I just hope there isn't any letdown with this team. Put the foot to the peddle and never look back. I do see a few stumbling blocks along the way because this is the NFL and stranger things have happened and every bounce could go the wrong way. Heck, look at last game against the Bills... Goal Post kept the ball from going in and the Gostowski hits the post and it goes in

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have signed TE Matt Lengel off the Bengals practice squad to fill the open spot on their 53-man roster. Lengel, who practiced with the team for first time Wednesday, entered the NFL as a rookie free agent in 2015 out of Eastern Kentucky. He has been on the Bengals practice squad the last two years. At 6-foot-7 and 266 pounds, he has the physical makeup of the bigger TEs that the Patriots generally like.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have signed TE Matt Lengel off the Bengals practice squad to fill the open spot on their 53-man roster. Lengel, who practiced with the team for first time Wednesday, entered the NFL as a rookie free agent in 2015 out of Eastern Kentucky. He has been on the Bengals practice squad the last two years. At 6-foot-7 and 266 pounds, he has the physical makeup of the bigger TEs that the Patriots generally like.

Another TE? Don't need a DT?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only had 2 TE's on the roster and Marty B has had a bum leg/ankle ever since the Cincy game.

Not that it was an illegal hit or anything...

Good point I did forget he was injured and limped off the field

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had two weeks to get better...........