• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is a fair offer for the #1 overall pick in a Rookie only draft?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Dak, Winston and Stafford. I'm starting to think that if I play matchups with those three, I should be fine.
yeah, im thinking that too, and sadly i think winston produces

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about something like Sterling Shepard and Tyler Lockett for AJ Green and Derwin James?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about something like Sterling Shepard and Tyler Lockett for AJ Green and Derwin James?
That seems like a little much for ol' AJ. one year left on his deal, likely somewhere else, if not why wouldn't they have extended him by now? And he's getting hurt more often, for longer stretches of time.
Maybe if you're staring at a good playoff spot and the other team is planning ahead halfway through, it might be a move that puts you over the top. But I wouldn't do it now.

BTW, Derwin James..very nice young safety to have, wouldn't give up trying to get him

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a little much for ol' AJ. one year left on his deal, likely somewhere else, if not why wouldn't they have extended him by now? And he's getting hurt more often, for longer stretches of time.
Maybe if you're staring at a good playoff spot and the other team is planning ahead halfway through, it might be a move that puts you over the top. But I wouldn't do it now.

BTW, Derwin James..very nice young safety to have, wouldn't give up trying to get him
Him and Jamal Adams would make for a nice duo for years to come.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risk but I'd consider doing the deal. You got a boat load of WRs and Green would be a upgrade over either Lockett or Shapard and James a IDP get. Course if Green get hurt right off the bat it would be a drag.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually looking at your wr I’d risk it, but you also have 2 bengals. I assume ur in win now mode with that roster.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually looking at your wr I’d risk it, but you also have 2 bengals. I assume ur in win now mode with that roster.
Maybe Tyler Boyd and Sterling Shepard?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risk but I'd consider doing the deal. You got a boat load of WRs and Green would be a upgrade over either Lockett or Shapard and James a IDP get. Course if Green get hurt right off the bat it would be a drag.
That was kind of my thinking. I am giving up more value overall, but I am so strong at WR, I can afford to do it. Also, I have no history at all with this owner, so I don't know who he likes or what kind of negotiator he is. I'm wondering if I should ask for something more. He seems to be in rebuild mode, though and may not want to come off any picks (i'm thinking a 2nd would level it out well). There are a couple people I like on his team, but nothing that I can add that I wouldn't have to rework a whole new deal, basically.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Tyler Boyd and Sterling Shepard?
honestly depends which one you like better, think they both work.......and i think that keeping boyd may be smart......because hes a security blanket if aj gets hurt again. Also when AJ goes bye bye, Boyd likely steps up........

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two lowest WRs would be Robby Anderson and Shepard. Would that be enough? Or at least a good starting point, I think.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two lowest WRs would be Robby Anderson and Shepard. Would that be enough? Or at least a good starting point, I think.

I'm with Treff. Seems to be a move better suited.for week 6. Then you can have clearer aim for your target.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same league. Long story short, I work with 2 of the guys in this league and overheard them talking about a trade for Barkley. Dude with Barkley kept driving up the price and is now wanting 5 1st round picks, Julio Jones and Zach Ertz for him. I told him I may be willing to deal Christian McCaffrey for less than that and he offered me 3 1st round picks as a starting point and told me to counter. I told him I would get high and look at it when I get off tonight.

Just to recap, I trade DeAndre Hopkins and my 1st this past year for McCaffrey a few weeks before the draft. If I can get 3 1sts and Julio, it may be worth it or some other type of crazy value like that. I haven't really looked over his roster too much, but I wanted to get you guys' thoughts as I do it. Here are both of our rosters...

Dude's team

QB - Lamar Jackson, Dwayne Haskins
RB - CJ Anderson, Sony Michel, Rex burkhead, Latavius Murray, Travis Homer, Tony Pollard
WR - Odell, Julio, Aguilar, Golden Taint, Desean Jackson, Julian Edelman, Terry McLaurin
TE - Ertz

He has all of his picks next year. No more, no less. Luke Kuechly and maybe Jaylon Smith are the only IDPs I would be interested in, but that would only be to shift the scales, as opposed to a main target.

My team

QB - Dak, Jameis, Stafford
RB - McCaffrey, Ingram, Mixon, Kerryon, Duke, Hyde, Royce, Bernard
WR - Evans, Cooper, Lockett, Shepard, Boyd, Golladay, Robbie Anderson, Antonio Callaway
TE - Engram, OJ Howard

I also have all my picks and an extra pick in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

I think there is a lot of potential for a deal. If he started at 3 1sts, I think he is expecting me to add Julio to the deal. I would have to give him back a WR (max is 8). I was also pondering adding Michel in there somehow. Maybe McCaffrey, Hyde and Shepard (or Robbie Anderson) for 3 1sts, Julio and Michel or would that be too much? I figure if my other buddy was up to 5 1sts plus Julio and Ertz, it shouldn't be too bad of a starting point.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 1st round picks would be for 20, 21, and 22, by the way.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I kind of think now that Michel may not work for him. He doesn't have much at RB right now outside of him and would have to look to find one still. So, now I'm thinking 3 1sts, Julio and Ertz for McCaffrey, Shepard and either Engram or OJ Howard.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I kind of think now that Michel may not work for him. He doesn't have much at RB right now outside of him and would have to look to find one still. So, now I'm thinking 3 1sts, Julio and Ertz for McCaffrey, Shepard and either Engram or OJ Howard.
So, I offered him this deal and he is hesitant about giving up Ertz. He is an Eagles fan, so I understand. He wants to take the TEs out of the deal, but he is pondering. If he declines, I think I can come back with something like 3 1sts, Julio and Kuechley for McCaffrey, Shepard and Raekwon McMillen or something.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He countered the Ertz deal with dropping down to 2 1st round picks. I came back with McCaffrey, Shepard and McMillan for Julio, Kuechly and CJ Anderson (since he's a handcuff for me and I didn't realize that before) and 3 1sts. I think he will take it.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't. He said he doesn't like that offer any better than the one with Ertz. I am awaiting his counter.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engram is good enough at TE.

Why are you trying to trade McCaffrey away?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engram is good enough at TE.

Why are you trying to trade McCaffrey away?
I would be getting back way more value than I gave up to get him. I am a little hesitant, though, since I would be back to where I started, essentially, only with 3 more 1st round picks than I had before.