• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is a fair offer for the #1 overall pick in a Rookie only draft?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post the full rosters (well, the offense, anyway) in a bit, but Jacobs would be my target. Is he worth something like Boyd and Mark Ingram? Way too much? Not near enough?

12 teams, PPR, start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 R/W/T flex and the normal other shit.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post the full rosters (well, the offense, anyway) in a bit, but Jacobs would be my target. Is he worth something like Boyd and Mark Ingram? Way too much? Not near enough?

12 teams, PPR, start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 R/W/T flex and the normal other shit.

If I were holding the #1, obviously my roster would make or break that deal for me.
Face value alone, its probably decent enough. Although I'm very high on Ingram in Balt, much more so than some. But I'm also equally low on Boyd, I could take or leave him any day of the week.

But, if I had that pick, felt like my roster was one good RB away from competing for a title this year, I MIGHT make that deal. However, if I feel I've got multiple issues, that Ingram alone won't fix (like I said, I don't think Boyd fixes anything), I'd probably ask for your Ingram, your first, and maybe a '20 #2.

Bottom line, whoever holds that pick in your league would probably have to be going for the gold this year to want to do that deal. Ingram probably doesn't have many years left

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post our rosters when I get a little more time. In this league, I have about 8 WRs worthy of starting, so I am trying to unload 1 or 2 for something. I may just be best to sit back and wait until the season starts to make moves.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were holding the #1, obviously my roster would make or break that deal for me.
Face value alone, its probably decent enough. Although I'm very high on Ingram in Balt, much more so than some. But I'm also equally low on Boyd, I could take or leave him any day of the week.

But, if I had that pick, felt like my roster was one good RB away from competing for a title this year, I MIGHT make that deal. However, if I feel I've got multiple issues, that Ingram alone won't fix (like I said, I don't think Boyd fixes anything), I'd probably ask for your Ingram, your first, and maybe a '20 #2.

Bottom line, whoever holds that pick in your league would probably have to be going for the gold this year to want to do that deal. Ingram probably doesn't have many years left

Yeah if the team with that pick earned it by having the shittest record, then a aging Ingram and blah WR most likely doesn't move the needle. If some good team traded for it, then maybe he'd be interested in that offer. Kinda depends on his roster I guess.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will post our rosters when I get a little more time. In this league, I have about 8 WRs worthy of starting, so I am trying to unload 1 or 2 for something. I may just be best to sit back and wait until the season starts to make moves.
Well damn..offer one up that's worth it than :)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Boyd hate has entered another thread. I'm lurking as his official sponsor.

upload_2019-5-15_19-22-29.jpeg

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man do I wish Treff owned Boyd.. trade heaven. :nod:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 pick's team

QB - Brady, Rivers, Baker
RB - David Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Derrick Henry, Theo Riddick, Frank Gore, Jordan Wilkins
WR - Tyreek, Cobb, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Crowder,
TE - Gronk, Vance McD

My team

QB - Dak, Jameis, Stafford
RB - McCaffrey, Ingram, Mixon, Kerryon, Duke, Hyde, Hines, Bernard
WR - Evans, Cooper, Lockett, Shepard, Boyd, Golladay, Robbie Anderson
TE - Engram, OJ Howard

Now that I look at it, maybe a WR not named Cooper or Evans and a TE would be better? Maybe try to work either Brady or Rivers in there for me to use this season?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did offer him Boyd for Derrick Henry earlier and he declined with no counter.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn..offer one up that's worth it than :)
That's what I am asking you guys! I don't think Jacobs is near as good of a prospect as Barkley was last year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 pick's team

QB - Brady, Rivers, Baker
RB - David Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Derrick Henry, Theo Riddick, Frank Gore, Jordan Wilkins
WR - Tyreek, Cobb, Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Crowder,
TE - Gronk, Vance McD

My team

QB - Dak, Jameis, Stafford
RB - McCaffrey, Ingram, Mixon, Kerryon, Duke, Hyde, Hines, Bernard
WR - Evans, Cooper, Lockett, Shepard, Boyd, Golladay, Robbie Anderson
TE - Engram, OJ Howard

Now that I look at it, maybe a WR not named Cooper or Evans and a TE would be better? Maybe try to work either Brady or Rivers in there for me to use this season?
His team has an obvious need at WR...if you offered him a bonafied, every single week starter, like Cooper or maybe Golliday, not a weekly flex option like Boyd, I think you might have better luck.

I wouldn't bother countering a Boyd for Henry deal either, sorry

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am asking you guys! I don't think Jacobs is near as good of a prospect as Barkley was last year.
Oh he ain't, not close. But, strong back with potential, on a team that'll be all his next year, or earlier..still valuable

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too shocked to see this guy take N'Keal Harry #1, he needs that a lot more than Jacobs. Maybe go for #2 on draft day

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres no WR's on your roster not named Evans or Cooper that could move me off the #1 pick as the meat of any deal..Golliday is kinda sorta close, Boyd, Shepard and Anderson--just nice options to choose from for weekly flex plays.. I'd much rather have Jacobs or Harry. Even if you threw in OJ Howard or Engram on top

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offer him Golladay and Lockett for 1.01 and Moncrief back. See what he says.
That will hurt your depth and you'll have to have faith in guys like Boyd.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I owned the pick, it'd be Kerryon/Hyde nd Evans that I'd ask for. Or Evans and Golladay.

Steep price, but it's the #1 pick.

As a buyer I wouldn't give as much as it's take if I were the seller. If that makes sense.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of these offers are tremendously over-priced for the #1 pick this year.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all of these offers are tremendously over-priced for the #1 pick this year.
Yeah... the more I think about it and the more I see posts like Evans AND, it makes me think that I am much better off just staying put. I don't have a first round pick since I traded it in the McCaffrey deal. I offered the guy with the 12th pick his 1st for Boyd and he would have done it had it been a snake draft, but he bailed when he found that out. My target with my pick in the 2nd is going to be an IDP, most likely and I am hoping to break the ice on them. If it is all offense until then, I will grab Devon White, but if someone else beats me to it, I will try to grab Nick Bosa. I definitely need a DE (more than I need a LB), since JPP is out and Calais Campbell is my other end.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... the more I think about it and the more I see posts like Evans AND, it makes me think that I am much better off just staying put. I don't have a first round pick since I traded it in the McCaffrey deal. I offered the guy with the 12th pick his 1st for Boyd and he would have done it had it been a snake draft, but he bailed when he found that out. My target with my pick in the 2nd is going to be an IDP, most likely and I am hoping to break the ice on them. If it is all offense until then, I will grab Devon White, but if someone else beats me to it, I will try to grab Nick Bosa. I definitely need a DE (more than I need a LB), since JPP is out and Calais Campbell is my other end.
I would agree the Mike Evans AND is lunacy, previous few years, sure, this year not so much.
But significantly high? Yeah, that's reasonable