• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why the Celtics are frustrated. I think it's good they had issues behind closed doors. Shows the team gives a shit about this series. And I'm not sure what to expect outta them tonight. If they don't play better they'll be in a hole they won't be able to crawl out of.

Yeah, they need to treat this like an elimination game because with the way the Heat are playing, it kind of is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why the Celtics are frustrated. I think it's good they had issues behind closed doors. Shows the team gives a shit about this series. And I'm not sure what to expect outta them tonight. If they don't play better they'll be in a hole they won't be able to crawl out of.

Sadly I have the Celtics winning tonight...

:sigh:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who's opinion we need on how the Heat are playing? That cowardly bullshit artist @WiggyRuss. Hey dipshit stop hiding!
lol, yeah, THAT'LL happen...

it's like i always say, cowards WILL BE cowards. and WiggityWack's never been man enough to take his own medicine...

course by now i'm guessing that's hardly a shock to anyone who posts here and seen his style, although i have to admit it'd be refreshing to see him actually man up for his foolishness...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yeah, THAT'LL happen...

it's like i always say, cowards WILL BE cowards. and WiggityWack's never been man enough to take his own medicine...

course by now i'm guessing that's hardly a shock to anyone who posts here and seen his style, although i have to admit it'd be refreshing to see him actually man up for his foolishness...

One of the last things I saw hi post was this:

whoop D doo

the Heat beat a Pacers team missing their All Star, and their other past-all star was a shell of himself.

Imagine if Bam was out, Butler was hobbled, and Oladipo and Sabonis were healthy. The result likely flips.

But, the end of the road is nigh.

Giannis looms

That aged well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see if the Lakers reward him with a start in game 2. I think he earned it. Also gives them the best chance to get Joker in foul trouble.
Wrong IMO.

I think the Lakers shouldn't let Jokic get acclimated to Dwight from the get.

Just like G1, let Joker get comfortable with McGee, and then send in Howard with all that energy to disrupt him once again.

I know adjustments are always needed win or lose, but sometime the best adjustments are to continue to do what worked well in the past... It puts the pressure on the other team to find something that will work rather than guess at something different.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signs of the apocolypse.

-Red Lobster now has mountain dew margaritas
-the OscarMayer weinermobile can now be rented

:wtf2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh watching the game last night. Murray & Milsap with 3 fouls before the end of the 1st half and Jokic with 4. Odd no Lakers were in foul trouble. LeBron and Company don't need the refs help to beat the Nuggets. But it's gonna be reassuring to them to know the refs got their backs in this series. The league under no circumstances wants Denver in the Finals. :heh:

:trash: (shaken not stirred)
The first 4 fouls of the Game were on Green (2) and McGee (2). You could see the refs were going to call it tight in the paint, the Lakers just recognized the way the game was being called and took it to the Nuggs in the paint and forced the Refs to continue to make the calls they set precedent.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first 4 fouls of the Game were on Green (2) and McGee (2). You could see the refs were going to call it tight in the paint, the Lakers just recognized the way the game was being called and took it to the Nuggs in the paint and forced the Refs to continue to make the calls they set precedent.

:L

Let me remind about the part of my comment you left outta your response.

Now to the part of my comment I actually mean

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon....Dew the Dew.

You know you want to.

I think mountain dew is disgusting all by itself. Can't imagine how nasty it would be in a margarita. What's next a dr. pepper daiquiri?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signs of the apocolypse.

-Red Lobster now has mountain dew margaritas
-the OscarMayer weinermobile can now be rented

:wtf2:

I didn't like Mountain Dew when I drank soda. Sure as hell wouldn't ruin tequila by putting that crap in it.

I wish my kids were still in middle school, just so I could rent the Oscar Meyer Wiernermobile to pick them up from school. My son would have loved it. It would have killed the daughters though. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers discovered their defense back in the Portland series and it has quietly been getting more and more lethal the further the Lakers go. I suspect the Nuggs will win a game or two but the Lakers coaching staff have now focused the players on playing D and then reaping big dividends offensively off of the Defense. Everyone is buying in. When Alex Caruso chases down Harden and blocks his lay-up shot in the Houston series, you know everyone on the Lakers' roster is now playing some fairly decent D and making the necessary adjustments when needed. Now we got Howard coming-out and making life miserable for Jokic. LeBron has been playing some good D and so has AD. I suspect this present defensive contagion will continue and it is because of their defense that the Lakers have a very good chance of taking the next step.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong IMO.

I think the Lakers shouldn't let Jokic get acclimated to Dwight from the get.

Just like G1, let Joker get comfortable with McGee, and then send in Howard with all that energy to disrupt him once again.

I know adjustments are always needed win or lose, but sometime the best adjustments are to continue to do what worked well in the past... It puts the pressure on the other team to find something that will work rather than guess at something different.

I think that is certainly valid.

However, it really depends on Dwight’s mindset and the attitude of both players.

McGee is used to being a role player. He has received DNP’s playing for the Warriors and always handled it well.

Dwight is in a whole new position though. He played with a fire I haven’t seen from him in a long time.

Might be you get that same fire from him off the bench in game 2, but perhaps not.

Some guys can handle being jerked around in the rotation, some can’t. Not really sure where Dwight is on that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is certainly valid.

However, it really depends on Dwight’s mindset and the attitude of both players.

McGee is used to being a role player. He has received DNP’s playing for the Warriors and always handled it well.

Dwight is in a whole new position though. He played with a fire I haven’t seen from him in a long time.

Might be you get that same fire from him off the bench in game 2, but perhaps not.

Some guys can handle being jerked around in the rotation, some can’t. Not really sure where Dwight is on that.
To be fair, he has seemed to handle his role great. I think I heard, knowing the Rockets matchup he willingly sat out. Either way, it seems he has finally realized his role as a player in this league and most importantly on this team. Like you said, McGee always has been that way. I dont think it matterw who starts tbh. Maybe it will save Dwight from get 4 early fouls lol