• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers played very well last night and the Nuggets didn’t.

I wouldn’t get too comfortable though. Nuggets are kind of hit or miss. They missed last night. They are likely to play a lot better in future games.

Agree. Their free throw shooting is a concern too. They could have had the game put away by halftime but they couldn't hit a damn free throw.

Denver lost their composure in the 2nd quarter...I don't expect they'll do that again and you know Malone's going to come up with some adjustments.

Plus, MPJ didn't play well either. He did seem to get going a little in garbage time and may well carry that over into game 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of their stars getting 3 fouls was strange, but it's on them to not foul when the refs are calling tick tac fouls

The only one I didn't like was the 2 and 1's with Lebron...Those were really close
Murray, yes. I wasn’t surprised the big were in foul trouble bc that’s exactly what I pointed out the key was for the Lakers and what happened in past matchups. Yes the regular season doesnt matter as for as the outcome but as far as strategy, that’s the Lakers strategy...get jokic specfically in foul trouble. I said if they do that, they should win. Dwight playing well and he agitating Jokic in the 2nd and 3rd. He was the player of the game in my mind.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic got called for a couple ticky tack fouls in the first half that I didn’t like.

But, he also got tangled up with Davis after a defensive rebound and Davis fell over with the ball. A very clear foul that should have been a travel if not called.

The ref said play on to avoid giving Jokic his 5th foul.

At that point the game was still within reach for the Nuggets.

For the conspiracy theorists out there, that play alone should prove there was no fix.
Yep and I remember Dwight getting called for a couple tick tack fouls as well, but what’s new lol. Lebron on that fast break got raked across the arm by Harris, pretty clearly. The Nugs were undisciplined clearly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more thought from last night:

I didn’t think the Rondo injury was a huge deal when it happened.

Man was I wrong. Playoff Rondo is a real thing. He has been fantastic ever since that did he posted in game 1 against the Rockets.

The back to back assists he had to Davis in the 3rd quarter were absolutely amazing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and I remember Dwight getting called for a couple tick tack fouls as well, but what’s new lol. Lebron on that fast break got raked across the arm by Harris, pretty clearly. The Nugs were undisciplined clearly

Yeah. The difference is that McGee and Howard serve as 12 fouls to use on Jokic.

If they can put a foul on him for every other foul they pick up, advantage Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they expected the Lakers to be that much faster than them. Of the 4 games they played in the regular season, the Lakers won 3, but all 3 were pretty close. The only blowout was the Nuggets win.

They're young, they didn't respond well when the Lakers ramped up the defensive pressure and got out in transition. I don't think this will be like the Blazers and Rockets. The Nuggets will adjust.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they expected the Lakers to be that much faster than them. Of the 4 games they played in the regular season, the Lakers won 3, but all 3 were pretty close. The only blowout was the Nuggets win.

They're young, they didn't respond well when the Lakers ramped up the defensive pressure and got out in transition. I don't think this will be like the Blazers and Rockets. The Nuggets will adjust.
If the Lakers play that determined to exploit their matchups and get Jokic in foul trouble this could be a sweep bc they still are a young team. But yeah I agree, I said Lakers in 6 and I’m going to stick with that

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,046.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if the Lakers attacked Jokic as much as Dwight Howard did.

Will be interesting to see if the Lakers reward him with a start in game 2. I think he earned it. Also gives them the best chance to get Joker in foul trouble.
He should start.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work From Home Sleeping GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to laugh watching the game last night. Murray & Milsap with 3 fouls before the end of the 1st half and Jokic with 4. Odd no Lakers were in foul trouble. LeBron and Company don't need the refs help to beat the Nuggets. But it's gonna be reassuring to them to know the refs got their backs in this series. The league under no circumstances wants Denver in the Finals. :heh:

:trash: (shaken not stirred)

Now to the part of the my comment I actually mean. @ChiefsLakers67 @trojanfan12 @Shaqdaddy11 @DJ. Congrats to your team for going to the Finals. I'm calling it now. This series is over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the part of the my comment I actually mean. @ChiefsLakers67 @trojanfan12 @Shaqdaddy11 @DJ. Congrats to your team for going to the Finals. I'm calling it now. This series is over.

You ain't foolin' nobody.

We see this for the clear "reverse jinx" attempt that it is.

(Well, except apparently for @DJ since he liked your post.)

But you ain't foolin' the rest of us.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No reverse jinx this time. I really think this series is already over. And as far as the other series the Celtics through two games haven't figured out Miami's zone. I don't see that changing tonight. Although I thought it was funny that some in the sports media made a big deal about yelling coming from Boston's lockroom after game two. That kinda stuff probably happens a lot when teams are frustrated. Leave it to the stupid sports media to make a big deal outta nothing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reverse jinx this time. I really think this series is already over. And as far as the other series the Celtics through two games haven't figured out Miami's zone. I don't see that changing tonight. Although I thought it was funny that some in the sports media made a big deal about yelling coming from Boston's lockroom after game two. That kinda stuff probably happens a lot when teams are frustrated. Leave it to the stupid sports media to make a big deal outta nothing.

To be fair, from what was described, it was more intense than most had ever heard. Of course, they could be overdramatizing it with the bubble and all.

It all depends on what comes of it. If everybody is still all pissed off at each other, it could be trouble.

If not and they got the air cleared, it could be exactly what they needed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah this series is far from over. One thing the Lakers and Nuggets showed us is a series isn't over until you win/lose 4 games. I would be more concerned if the nuggets played well and got their ass kicked.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, from what was described, it was more intense than most had ever heard. Of course, they could be overdramatizing it with the bubble and all.

It all depends on what comes of it. If everybody is still all pissed off at each other, it could be trouble.

Yeah i dont think the media just going to make that up considering they're usually outside the locker room after almost everygame. A lot of these guys are actually credible when it comes to beat writers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can understand why the Celtics are frustrated. I think it's good they had issues behind closed doors. Shows the team gives a shit about this series. And I'm not sure what to expect outta them tonight. If they don't play better they'll be in a hole they won't be able to crawl out of.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i dont think the media just going to make that up considering they're usually outside the locker room after almost everygame. A lot of these guys are actually credible when it comes to beat writers

Agree and according to reports, Marcus Smart left the locker room still pretty heated. I don't think they were making anything up, but with no fans, a lot less media and activity around, it may have seemed louder because there wasn't a lot of other noise drowning it out.