• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is certainly valid.

However, it really depends on Dwight’s mindset and the attitude of both players.

McGee is used to being a role player. He has received DNP’s playing for the Warriors and always handled it well.

Dwight is in a whole new position though. He played with a fire I haven’t seen from him in a long time.

Might be you get that same fire from him off the bench in game 2, but perhaps not.

Some guys can handle being jerked around in the rotation, some can’t. Not really sure where Dwight is on that.

Dwight's been great. He not only accepted a non-guaranteed contract, if memory serves, it was his suggestion.

His minutes have fluctuated all season. Even in the games when he and McGee both play, Vogel usually sees who's most effective and gives that guy more minutes. Plus, like Reggie Miller was saying last night, he knows that this is his last, best chance to get a ring. I'd be shocked if he did or said anything to screw it up now.

Of course, it is Dwight, so we certainly can't rule out the possibility. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Vogel is leaning towards starting Howard for Tuesday's Game 2. I think he'll respond with similar fire that we saw in Game 1. Could be very interesting development because Howard did very well on the defensive end of the court and then really came out of his norm on the offensived side of the court. If this continues, good for him finally.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to the part of my comment I actually mean
Oh yeah, the mind game part....

Yeah, I left that voodoo, hex, jinx part out for a reason Wamu...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the mind game part....

Yeah, I left that voodoo, hex, jinx part out for a reason Wamu...

Except I already said I think the series is over and meant it. Read comment # 355.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn great series for the Eastern Conference! Oh, Nuggets in 5...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I already said I think the series is over and meant it. Read comment # 355.
Really with the FP?

Ya can't take some minor goof'n?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight's been great. He not only accepted a non-guaranteed contract, if memory serves, it was his suggestion.

His minutes have fluctuated all season. Even in the games when he and McGee both play, Vogel usually sees who's most effective and gives that guy more minutes. Plus, like Reggie Miller was saying last night, he knows that this is his last, best chance to get a ring. I'd be shocked if he did or said anything to screw it up now.

Of course, it is Dwight, so we certainly can't rule out the possibility. lol

McGee is solid.

But Dwight is just so much better at basically everything the Lakers need him to do in this matchup.

He moves his feet better defensively, he is a better, more physical rebounder, he has better hands and I think he is in Jokic’s head.

I think it is in the Lakers best interest to get every minute they can out of Howard.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGee is solid.

But Dwight is just so much better at basically everything the Lakers need him to do in this matchup.

He moves his feet better defensively, he is a better, more physical rebounder, he has better hands and I think he is in Jokic’s head.

I think it is in the Lakers best interest to get every minute they can out of Howard.

Agree. They usually play them both at some point early in the game and give more minutes to the guy who's having the most effect on the game. That's why Dwight started the 2nd half of game 1.

I agree about him possibly being in Joker's head. I forget who said it, but he was kind of a big Pat Bev in game 1. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really with the FP?

Ya can't take some minor goof'n?

Oh now it's minor goofing? Not sure I believe that. As multiple Lakers fans have had issues with just about anything I say about the team.

Do I take shots at them? Sure as often as possible. That should be expected from a Celtics fan. But when talking about the series I take my personal feelings about them outta things and look at things realistically. And realistaically I don't think the Nuggets have a chance to pull off the upset. LeBron's rested and on a mission. And no team remaining has a better 1-2 punch than them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh now it's minor goofing? Not sure I believe that. As multiple Lakers fans have had issues with just about anything I say about the team.

Do I take shots at them? Sure as often as possible. That should be expected from a Celtics fan. But when talking about the series I take my personal feelings about them outta things and look at things realistically. And realistaically I don't think the Nuggets have a chance to pull off the upset. LeBron's rested and on a mission. And no team remaining has a better 1-2 punch than them.
Haven't traded too many posts with you before Wamu, but if you want to lump me in with ppl you struggled with in the past, okay, at least I know where I stand...

And yeah, that was very minor goof'n comparatively speaking to FP'n troll'n posts. Big deal if you were serious, or playing around with a reverse jinx, you're a C's fan. You're suppose to bring it when it comes to the Lakers, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't traded too many posts with you before Wamu, but if you want to lump me in with ppl you struggled with in the past, okay, at least I know where I stand...

And yeah, that was very minor goof'n comparatively speaking to FP'n troll'n posts. Big deal if you were serious, or playing around with a reverse jinx, you're a C's fan. You're suppose to bring it when it comes to the Lakers, right?

Hey it's all good. And my bad for lumping you in with a couple very special Lakers fans. And trust me typing that I think the Lakers will take care of business was very painful. :nod:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As multiple Lakers fans have had issues with just about anything I say about the team.

Really? Because you usually claim that TLF is the only Lakers fan that has issues with just about anything you say about the team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because you usually claim that TLF is the only Lakers fan that has issues with just about anything you say about the team.

:pound:

He's the worst by far. I'm not looking to start a fight with a few members of LakersNation right now because football's about to kickoff. But there are one or two others that have flown off the handle more than once over some of my Lakers comments.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Lebron vs Denver right now lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35