• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz traded to Washington

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few days ago at the combine it was reported that Wash made a "huge" offer for Wilson. Then we see Wilson was pretty much traded for near the same price range as Stafford went for last season. Now I wanna know what happened there, they knew the price but apparently didn't offer Seattle more than what Denver offered? They can't have thought Wilson would go for cheaper than Stafford did? If anything I would have expected Wilson to go for more than Stafford.
Supposedly Russ told the team Denver was the only place he was willing to go to. I don't know that for a fact but it's being reported as so and sounds likely. I doubt Wilson wanted to play for Snyder.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard redskins offered 3 firsts and at least one later round pick. They were willing to talk players and Seattle cut them off saying they’d rather see what they could get out of conference. I also heard redskins was all in on getting a qb this off season basically calling every team. Why not?

Who are these "redskins" you speak of?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw from the 2021 Wentz more than most on this forum but holy moly he's not worth $28.2M. Why would a team give up picks for the right to overpay Wentz? Why do GMs keep making these decisions? SMH.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing Seattle shouldn’t want to trade him in conference. That’s a playoff position they have to beat out for as long as he plays

I mean unless Seattle makes some blockbuster trade or something for Watson, I really have zero clue how they're competing for a division.

And that's why I don't really understand the Wilson trade to begin with if they're keeping Carroll. You trade a ton for Jamal Adams (granted it was expected to be two LATE 1st round picks, not a top 10 one) and then sign him to the largest safety contract. Then you sign Lockett to a big extension which I really think was for Wilson. I mean Lockett is a good receiver, but a lot of his danger to defenses was him being so in sync with Wilson.

And then you trade Wilson.... cut Wagner, there's talk of now trading Lockett... so you're going to blow it up, then rebuild it with a 71 year old defensive minded head coach when the entire NFL is now successful with offensive coaches (and no surprise as the NFL heavily favors offenses, legal hits are drawing flags, can't touch a QB, etc.)?? And ever since Carroll started basically taking GM responsibilities their drafts and free agency acquisitions/trades have been terrible. From what I understand Carroll has the final say on what moves they're making, which IMO is a recipe for disaster.

When Seattle first started out their drafts and free agency moves were ON POINT. Great bargains, finding good player for good deals, good drafts, etc. Then when Carroll started taking over a bit more, TERRIBLE trades, huge extensions, questionable/weird drafts, poor free agency acquisitions, etc.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean unless Seattle makes some blockbuster trade or something for Watson, I really have zero clue how they're competing for a division.

And that's why I don't really understand the Wilson trade to begin with if they're keeping Carroll. You trade a ton for Jamal Adams (granted it was expected to be two LATE 1st round picks, not a top 10 one) and then sign him to the largest safety contract. Then you sign Lockett to a big extension which I really think was for Wilson. I mean Lockett is a good receiver, but a lot of his danger to defenses was him being so in sync with Wilson.

And then you trade Wilson.... cut Wagner, there's talk of now trading Lockett... so you're going to blow it up, then rebuild it with a 71 year old defensive minded head coach when the entire NFL is now successful with offensive coaches (and no surprise as the NFL heavily favors offenses, legal hits are drawing flags, can't touch a QB, etc.)?? And ever since Carroll started basically taking GM responsibilities their drafts and free agency acquisitions/trades have been terrible. From what I understand Carroll has the final say on what moves they're making, which IMO is a recipe for disaster.

When Seattle first started out their drafts and free agency moves were ON POINT. Great bargains, finding good player for good deals, good drafts, etc. Then when Carroll started taking over a bit more, TERRIBLE trades, huge extensions, questionable/weird drafts, poor free agency acquisitions, etc.
That’s been his job since he got hired that’s nothing new.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it after lining up against Donald for so long.
Donald could've played into it. After years of being sexually abused by Donald, Wilson said "Aint no way am I going to let Parsons pick up where Donald left off.

Wilson didn't want to be labled Sloppy Seconds.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald could've played into it. After years of being sexually abused by Donald, Wilson said "Aint no way am I going to let Parsons pick up where Donald left off.

Wilson didn't want to be labled Sloppy Seconds.
I think it had more to do with Philly having nothing on O to write home about.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s been his job since he got hired that’s nothing new.

Didn't seem like he had as much control when he first came on. Seemed like when Paul got sick that Carroll took over more, and he for sure did on that new extension.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't seem like he had as much control when he first came on. Seemed like when Paul got sick that Carroll took over more, and he for sure did on that new extension.
Pete’s had the final say on all roster moves since he was hired