• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz traded to Washington

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington went 7-10 this past season with Heinicke and his 20 TD's to 15 INT's

If they had Wentz and his 27-7 TD to INT they would have probably won 10 games.

Possible, but I would expect some level of drop off without the league's leading rusher to lean up. Wentz basically played the role of a game manager last season who had the ability plays that a game manager typically can't but also make some really stupid decisions at bad times.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to play the Eagles this year. Wentz will be ready and motivated. Wentz was the 7th rated QB in the NFL last year and we gave up two 3rd round picks for him. Possibly a 2nd if he stays healthy, which would probably mean playoffs for the Commanders. If Wentz was on our team last year we would of made the playoffs. 28 million seems like a lot but it is roughly half of what Rodgers is going to make. Wentz is also under contract for two more seasons after this one at roughly the same price. So, there is upside to this deal. He was the best option at the time to a team that needed a QB badly.

If Wentz ever returns to his MVP type form this will be one of the greatest trades in NFL history. If he fails, the Commanders can get out of the contract in 2023. The draft picks are a small price to pay for a shot at a QB who has had success in the league.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to play the Eagles this year. Wentz will be ready and motivated. Wentz was the 7th rated QB in the NFL last year and we gave up two 3rd round picks for him. Possibly a 2nd if he stays healthy, which would probably mean playoffs for the Commanders. If Wentz was on our team last year we would of made the playoffs. 28 million seems like a lot but it is roughly half of what Rodgers is going to make. Wentz is also under contract for two more seasons after this one at roughly the same price. So, there is upside to this deal. He was the best option at the time to a team that needed a QB badly.

If Wentz ever returns to his MVP type form this will be one of the greatest trades in NFL history. If he fails, the Commanders can get out of the contract in 2023. The draft picks are a small price to pay for a shot at a QB who has had success in the league.
Hail To The Redskins

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It can either go Sonny Jurgensen or Donovan McNabb.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can either go Sonny Jurgensen or Donovan McNabb.

Of course, it could go either way. I see the upside but what is really the downside? If he doesn't work out there is no guarantee money for 2023. So, if two 3rd round picks are the downside then I take the shot. Right?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a revenge tour next season.

2 games vs Eagles, at Colts and at Jags where Pederson is the HC.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has a revenge tour next season.

2 games vs Eagles, at Colts and at Jags where Pederson is the HC.
If he can play half those games

#brittlebitch

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few days ago at the combine it was reported that Wash made a "huge" offer for Wilson. Then we see Wilson was pretty much traded for near the same price range as Stafford went for last season. Now I wanna know what happened there, they knew the price but apparently didn't offer Seattle more than what Denver offered? They can't have thought Wilson would go for cheaper than Stafford did? If anything I would have expected Wilson to go for more than Stafford.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few days ago at the combine it was reported that Wash made a "huge" offer for Wilson. Then we see Wilson was pretty much traded for near the same price range as Stafford went for last season. Now I wanna know what happened there, they knew the price but apparently didn't offer Seattle more than what Denver offered? They can't have thought Wilson would go for cheaper than Stafford did? If anything I would have expected Wilson to go for more than Stafford.
I heard redskins offered 3 firsts and at least one later round pick. They were willing to talk players and Seattle cut them off saying they’d rather see what they could get out of conference. I also heard redskins was all in on getting a qb this off season basically calling every team. Why not?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard redskins offered 3 firsts and at least one later round pick. They were willing to talk players and Seattle cut them off saying they’d rather see what they could get out of conference. I also heard redskins was all in on getting a qb this off season basically calling every team. Why not?
To add on I’ve also heard Russ just didn’t want to go to Washington so any sort of deal was a non starter.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add on I’ve also heard Russ just didn’t want to go to Washington so any sort of deal was a non starter.
I heard he preferred Denver over redskins. Yes

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he preferred Denver over redskins. Yes
Apparently Phi offered a deal but he didn’t want to go there either

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russ had a no trade clause that was on his end. Meaning if Seattle wanted to trade him he could veto the trade.

The only real destination he was going to accept was Denver. He didn't want Washington or Philly.

So even if Washington/Philly said, "We'll give you our next 20 1st round picks!" the trade could not happen without Wilson's approval, which he was not going to give. That clause came back to really hurt Seattle but when Wilson signed that contract, I wonder if there was already some bad vibes between Carroll/Wilson and he asked specifically for that clause for this very reason.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ had a no trade clause that was on his end. Meaning if Seattle wanted to trade him he could veto the trade.

The only real destination he was going to accept was Denver. He didn't want Washington or Philly.

So even if Washington/Philly said, "We'll give you our next 20 1st round picks!" the trade could not happen without Wilson's approval, which he was not going to give. That clause came back to really hurt Seattle but when Wilson signed that contract, I wonder if there was already some bad vibes between Carroll/Wilson and he asked specifically for that clause for this very reason.
Another thing Seattle shouldn’t want to trade him in conference. That’s a playoff position they have to beat out for as long as he plays