• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz traded to Washington

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts oline was actually kinda bad at pass blocking last year (30th in PFF shockingly) and Washington's oline was way better. Wentz was similar to Heinicke in production but with half of the INTs and fewer sacks.

Its possible that Washington is about 2-3 wins better with Wentz at QB. The problem with looking at the numbers that way is that it doesnt address Jonathan Taylor being a badass and the potential for Wentz to implode back to late-Eagles form without a workhorse RB taking away all of the attention.
Yeah,, I believe PFF ranked the Skins OL as 6th best last year though don't quote me on that. Taylor H helped the Skins OL out with his scrambling as well, but generally I thought the OL played decent to pretty good for the majority of the season. Still, ranking Indy 30th had me thinking WTF, especially since TH was sacked 38 sacks on 484 pass att and Wentz 32 times on 516 pass att. Took a minute, but I found a site that has some extensive stats and if said stats are accurate. That times knocked down stat is eye popping for one. Wentz and TH are ranked 15th n 16th. One thing does seem somewhat suspect though. The times knockdown stats don't seem to jive with the times hurried stats, least not for TH and Wentz.

Ihttps://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Jonathan Taylor had an amazing season. Antonio Gibson had an OK season.

Terry Mac and Michael Pittman from the stats could've almost switched teams and you might not be able to tell their stats are so similar. There wasxn't much after them for either team pass catching-wise.

Its possible Washington is 2 or 3 wins better with Wentz, but given the shit coming outta Indy, didn't like to be coached hard, continues to play risky, has little to no leadership, wasn't liked by teammates etc. He could also be the very worst type of QB for Washington with their already really dysfunctional situation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,, I believe PFF ranked the Skins OL as 6th best last year though don't quote me on that. Taylor H helped the Skins OL out with his scrambling as well, but generally I thought the OL played decent to pretty good for the majority of the season. Still, ranking Indy 30th had me thinking WTF, especially since TH was sacked 38 sacks on 484 pass att and Wentz 32 times on 516 pass att. Took a minute, but I found a site that has some extensive stats and if said stats are accurate. That times knocked down stat is eye popping for one. Wentz and TH are ranked 15th n 16th. One thing does seem somewhat suspect though. The times knockdown stats don't seem to jive with the times hurried stats, least not for TH and Wentz.

Ihttps://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Jonathan Taylor had an amazing season. Antonio Gibson had an OK season.

Terry Mac and Michael Pittman from the stats could've almost switched teams and you might not be able to tell their stats are so similar. There wasxn't much after them for either team pass catching-wise.

Its possible Washington is 2 or 3 wins better with Wentz, but given the shit coming outta Indy, didn't like to be coached hard, continues to play risky, has little to no leadership, wasn't liked by teammates etc. He could also be the very worst type of QB for Washington with their already really dysfunctional situation.
Best I can tell, Wentz improved in every way from his last year in Philly to his only year in Indianapolis. If Washington gets that player then they are getting an upgrade over TH.

The Colts being so eager to get rid of him, though, is a pretty big sign that no one should have been trading for his big contract

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should fans be rallying around Watson right now? I realize every team has some players that aren't angels but I feel like thats a weird thing to openly ridicule

edit - its possible he was innocent? interesting

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins couldn’t beat a deal from Seattle or philthy, and I’m not sure I’d even want them to try
Maybe they can package a deal surrounding Wentz

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they can package a deal surrounding Wentz
referee-red-card-smiley-emoticon.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems fair and reasonable to me
What did the people of Texas ever do to you? Those poor people suffered through the Bill O'Brien era. Then they get a QB who's mired with a myriad of sexual assault cases. Now you want them to be stuck with Wentz. Sheesh! What's next? Move the Jets to San Antonio? ;)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like the browns win the trading war.
Yeah I mean Ward is a nice prize, probably could have done better but I don’t think Peppers wasn’t going to turn into anything special…the OBJ trade was a bust.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure. They traded a lot of those away. After 5 years and a whole bunch of moves and counter moves, all they ended up with is Jordan Elliot and Denzel Ward and OBJ who they released last season.

Yeah I mean Ward is a nice prize, probably could have done better but I don’t think Peppers wasn’t going to turn into anything special…the OBJ trade was a bust.
well the browns fucking up their draft picks, doesnt change they got the best in their trade for wentz. Out of all the teams that were misfortunate to deal with Wentz.