• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield in his rookie year. Who didnt start at the beginning of the season took over an offense that literally couldn't score points at all. Couldnt get 1st downs let alone score points.
Only ended the season with the all time Rookie record of TD passes. (in not a full season)
Dont think comparing eagles offense when Wentz was a rookie is smart. Eagles were a much better team then, than Mayfield team as a rookie.
Eagles had a better team & better coaching than What Mayfield had to endure. (comparing rookie years)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield in his rookie year. Who didnt start at the beginning of the season took over an offense that literally couldn't score points at all. Couldnt get 1st downs let alone score points.
Only ended the season with the all time Rookie record of TD passes. (in not a full season)
Dont think comparing eagles offense when Wentz was a rookie is smart. Eagles were a much better team then, than Mayfield team as a rookie.
Eagles had a better team & better coaching than What Mayfield had to endure. (comparing rookie years)
This pretty much sums it up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna build a statue of that kid here, and he'll not pay for a meal again in OKC. People love that guy here, and he's still a huge deal to OU. Mayfield is 100% competitor who loves the game. All the other crap is just player hating.

Mayfield is like a rotten bastard version of Tim Tebow, who really is a choirboy apparently. I'll be a Browns fan for as long as #6 still acts the same on the field as he did in Norman.
me, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to see a reason to not like him as a person, and plenty of reasons to think he has excellent character. Not sure why people on here act like him staring down Hue Jackson was some huge blemish on his personality. I absolutely love seeing that kind of fire from a starting QB. It's not like he went over and powerbombed him or something.
Cannot say I "love" it as wouldn't mind if he let some things go.......but not something that really bothers me at all and if he thinks it gives him an edge then so be it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I "love" it as wouldn't mind if he let some things go.......but not something that really bothers me at all and if he thinks it gives him an edge then so be it.
I thought it was great to see a Browns QB actually play with an edge to him. Jackson was a dumbass and Baker let him know about it. The fact that it happened against a division rival made it even better. I loved it.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz had a tough time on the sidelines the last two years with Big Dick Nick performing miracles on the field. That will not change when Foles is gone and the Curse of Nick Foles begins (see curse of the Bambino). Getting rid of the guy that brought you the SB and generates all the fan excitement will haunt the Eagles and Wentz as he takes the field and tries to stay healthy. The Foles statue will be staring at him every time he enters the stadium.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was great to see a Browns QB actually play with an edge to him. Jackson was a dumbass and Baker let him know about it. The fact that it happened against a division rival made it even better. I loved it.
Sorry....I am not as anti Hue as most. Not a fan and glad he's gone, but no one was succeeding with the 2016 or 2017 teams. More than a win, maybe, but all that would do was possibly mean no Garrett or Baker.

And I'm of the belief Hue was coach in name only last season. Haley was 100% in charge of the O and Williams the D. I'm curious what Baker thought of Haley.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I am not as anti Hue as most. Not a fan and glad he's gone, but no one was succeeding with the 2016 or 2017 teams. More than a win, maybe, but all that would do was possibly mean no Garrett or Baker.

And I'm of the belief Hue was coach in name only last season. Haley was 100% in charge of the O and Williams the D. I'm curious what Baker thought of Haley.

Hue had a helluva run in Cleveland.

3-36-1 (worst record for a HC w/ 1 team all time)
only HC to lose 14 games in a row twice
0-16 in 2017
didn't even wanna play Mayfield his rookie year :crazy:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue had a helluva run in Cleveland.

3-36-1 (worst record for a HC w/ 1 team all time)
only HC to lose 14 games in a row twice
0-16 in 2017
didn't even wanna play Mayfield his rookie year :crazy:
The crazy one is the guy who actually believes Hue was the one who decided not to play Baker. You are suggesting a GM who didn't want to keep Hue was going to let Hue decide when the QB he picked #1 would play?

That is comical.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crazy one is the guy who actually believes Hue was the one who decided not to play Baker. You are suggesting a GM who didn't want to keep Hue was going to let Hue decide when the QB he picked #1 would play?

That is comical.

So you're suggesting blaming the GM & not the HC? You think the Earth is flat don't you?

What's comical is you think Hue shouldn't be blamed for not starting him week 1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're suggesting blaming the GM & not the HC? You think the Earth is flat don't you?

What's comical is you think Hue shouldn't be blamed for not starting him week 1.
No, I am rational and not one of the many who treat sports like politics with no ability see both sides and are 100% set on one side or the other. I think it was a group decision made among Dorsey, Haley and Hue.

It's funny you can see Hue say all week Gordon would not start then see him start and think Hue is making these calls. This is a fact.

And, no, I didn't want Hue to stay. But I am an adult and know that not everything that went wrong was on him. I actually saw many like you blame Hue for his kicker missing kicks. Or blaming him for keeping the kicker (which is 100% Dorsey's call). Or blaming him for his kicker missing kicks and not knowing he was hurt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am rational and not one of the many who treat sports like politics with no ability see both sides and are 100% set on one side or the other. I think it was a group decision made among Dorsey, Haley and Hue.

It's funny you can see Hue say all week Gordon would not start then see him start and think Hue is making these calls. This is a fact.

And, no, I didn't want Hue to stay. But I am an adult and know that not everything that went wrong was on him. I actually saw many like you blame Hue for his kicker missing kicks. Or blaming him for keeping the kicker (which is 100% Dorsey's call). Or blaming him for his kicker missing kicks and not knowing he was hurt.

So I'm not rational because I don't agree? Get outta here w/ that nonsense. You just don't like it when someone disagrees w/ you. Too funny.

And he was the HC. It's his job to know what players are injured & healthy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm not rational because I don't agree? Get outta here w/ that nonsense. You just don't like it when someone disagrees w/ you. Too funny.

And he was the HC. It's his job to know what players are injured & healthy.
If you don't agree, that's fine. But you ignore all facts and logic that refute your comments and of course ignore direct questions.

*It's your belief a guy who did not want the HC around allowed the HC and him alone to decide when the QB he chose #1 would play? A simple yes or no would be fine here.

*How could you think Hue had power when you heard him say JG would not start only to see him start?

*You think a HC can read minds? If a player does not say he is hurt, how should the HC know? And why would you blame the HC over his position coach who is with him the entire practice watching him and the trainers?

So, yes, you are not rational.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say all you want about Pats fans... but posts like these are “the rub”

giphy-downsized-large.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Great post.

Mayfield by a country mile.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't agree, that's fine. But you ignore all facts and logic that refute your comments and of course ignore direct questions.

*It's your belief a guy who did not want the HC around allowed the HC and him alone to decide when the QB he chose #1 would play? A simple yes or no would be fine here.

*How could you think Hue had power when you heard him say JG would not start only to see him start?

*You think a HC can read minds? If a player does not say he is hurt, how should the HC know? And why would you blame the HC over his position coach who is with him the entire practice watching him and the trainers?

So, yes, you are not rational.

You sure are a Hue apologist. Don't blame the HC for anything. Blame others. :pound:

Hue's 3-36-1 record wasn't his fault right?