• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL so NFL seasons are 26 games long now? And Mayfield was rated the best QB in his division as well, despite playing 5 games under the worst head coach in NFL history.

And Carson did it also with a broken back and missing 4 games. Again, when Mayfield puts up an NFL MVP capable season in year 2 on top of that, we'll talk. Until then, I'm sticking with my guy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Carson did it also with a broken back and missing 4 games. Again, when Mayfield puts up an NFL MVP capable season in year 2 on top of that, we'll talk. Until then, I'm sticking with my guy.
Well we have 1 year to go off of with Mayfield, and it was significantly better than Carson's first year, and he's also not constantly hurt. It'll be nice to see Baker with a full season having a competent coaching staff and not just half a season. I see no reason he can't surpass Wentz' year two numbers.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This argument sounds eerily similar to another long time poster here yet you just joined?

Hmmmm...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument sounds eerily similar to another long time poster here yet you just joined?

Hmmmm...

I got your PM last night, you should get your Wentz jersey by the end of the week. I don't know why you had me order it though...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your PM last night, you should get your Wentz jersey by the end of the week. I don't know why you had me order it though...

I wanted to give it to this guy although if he wears a Wentz jersey and hits the pillar again he will definitely get hurt.

(Actually a pretty interesting story)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one has had a legitimate MVP season and just got rated the best QB in his division despite playing with a broken back. And the other has played half a season.

I may be biased, but I'm gonna go with Ginger Jesus.
his back wasnt broke all year come on brah, you also think he tore is mcl, you have little credibility here

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmm...

Calm down, I'm over visiting from the Rivals board to check in on any news with some posters I used to converse over there and saw this thread and figured I'd throw my two cents.

I do enjoy how people are acting like Wentz isn't dope though. Will make 2019 a lot more enjoyable.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his back wasnt broke all year come on brah, you also think he tore is mcl, you have little credibility here

He ripped up both is ACL/MCL and his back was broken since mid October. He clearly rushed (and was rushed back) and major injuries always take at least a year to get back to form. Guys can play earlier but they're not gonna be to what they were for a while.

Carson should be back to 2017 form this coming season.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owns the rookie TD record while playing 3 fewer games than the two record holders.
Okay, we will see what happens this coming season. I still would take Wentz over Mayfield at this time, but things can change.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ripped up both is ACL/MCL and his back was broken since mid October. He clearly rushed (and was rushed back) and major injuries always take at least a year to get back to form. Guys can play earlier but they're not gonna be to what they were for a while.

Carson should be back to 2017 form this coming season.
again, you dont know what your talking about, it was the ACL, partially LCL, and the IT band............

again you know little, i can provide proof.

also your arguing injuries with the wrong person, just saying, unless your a doctor

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, you dont know what your talking about, it was the ACL, partially LCL, and the IT band............

again you know little, i can provide proof.

also your arguing injuries with the wrong person, just saying, unless your a doctor

My mistake, it was the LCL, it was Jason Peters that had the ACL/MCL. Oh well. It's still a major injury and he was rushed back too soon but still had a solid season that I expect to be better next year.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield, his passion seems to be infectious...can't coach that.

Yeah?! Well....i say Wentz!....b-because...because his infections seem to be...passionate? And ya cant coach that, neither! So there!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake, it was the LCL, it was Jason Peters that had the ACL/MCL. Oh well. It's still a major injury and he was rushed back too soon but still had a solid season that I expect to be better next year.

Great name you picked out for yourself, by the way :heh:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down, I'm over visiting from the Rivals board to check in on any news with some posters I used to converse over there and saw this thread and figured I'd throw my two cents.

I do enjoy how people are acting like Wentz isn't dope though. Will make 2019 a lot more enjoyable.

Uh-huh...

How do you feel about centers?

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about centers?

Larry Centers was bad ass dude at a position today that is near extinction.

And Jason Kelce is the best in the league but the Birds are in serious need for an upgrade in the offseason at guard with Brooks on the shelf because he was a key part of his success the last couple of seasons.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Centers was bad ass dude at a position today that is near extinction.

And Jason Kelce is the best in the league but the Birds are in serious need for an upgrade in the offseason at guard with Brooks on the shelf because he was a key part of his success the last couple of seasons.

So you agree centers are very important!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, we will see what happens this coming season. I still would take Wentz over Mayfield at this time, but things can change.
And that's fine. You're taking Wentz' best season and seemingly making it sound like Mayfield can't get to that. By what I saw from him last year - especially the last 8 weeks when Hue was gone - he looks like a bonafide star in the making. There's a reason Drew Brees even said he thinks Mayfield will be better than him.

Also, the question is who would you rather have right now, and Wentz' continuous injury issues have to be considered. If he was fully healthy the last 3 years things would be different, but he clearly hasn't been.