• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No @SteelersPride is a good dude even though we fight all the time. We have a deal where we can rip each other. But at first I thought Dbldown was Handi. Especially after the “You are such a brilliant and amazing winner that taught be how to be a success.

At first I thought you were a moronic homosexual and now I think the same.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it's been said on here, Wentz seems to be the cause of some friction with teammates while Baker is the exact opposite. Doesn't sound like egotistical really.

:noidea:

The story of Wentz and the friction with team-mates is an assassination by a writer with an agenda. Yes, there will have been some friction between Wentz and some players (which is to be expected with any team), and yeah, Wentz will have had some difficulties dealing with the situation he ended up in (twice).

But what Santoloquito seems to have done is turning minor issues and turning them into a hit-piece. And, FTR, Santoloquito seems to have been anti-Wentz from the start (in a vein similar to the McNabb vs Ricky Williams crowd, and significantly worse than the Brandon Graham vs Earl Thomas mess).

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...and that was my point. QB makes the WR not the other way around. Do people really believe it's just coincidence no matter who plays WR/TE in GB, Indy, NO, NE, Pittsburgh as long as the QB is healthy the offense never skips a beat?

Absolute BS.

In 2016 the Eagles led the league in drops. That is the WR breaking the QB. Funny how you mention those teams. The 'no matter who plays WR' is BS. Sure, a good QB will lesten the impact of losing a WR (who also needs to still be a decent fit).

NE: HOF TE, and arguably the best QB ever to play the game. Still no slouches at WR.
NO, Indy, Pitt have always had at least one if not two very good to outright HOF level WR's playing.

In fact, GB proves the fallacy of your argument. How many SBs has Rodgers won with an average set of WR's and TE's?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews unquestionably didn't suck ass his first two years before Wentz got there. That would be a fact.

Matthews stats were deceptive. A lot of them were garbage time stats. Rarely if ever were they compiled while the game when the game was still in the balance. And in 2016 he was bad (though not as bad as Agholor).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised 44-13 mayfield on the voting.

Mayfield took the browns from 0 wins to 7 wins.

Mayfield broke the rookie record for tds despite only starting 13 games

Wentz is very talented but can’t atay healthy.

Mayfield’s teammates would die for him while wentz’s teammates don’t even like him and prefer his backup.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story of Wentz and the friction with team-mates is an assassination by a writer with an agenda. Yes, there will have been some friction between Wentz and some players (which is to be expected with any team), and yeah, Wentz will have had some difficulties dealing with the situation he ended up in (twice).

But what Santoloquito seems to have done is turning minor issues and turning them into a hit-piece. And, FTR, Santoloquito seems to have been anti-Wentz from the start (in a vein similar to the McNabb vs Ricky Williams crowd, and significantly worse than the Brandon Graham vs Earl Thomas mess).
I'm not taking every detail as gospel, but he certainly seems much more egotistical than Mayfield.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews stats were deceptive. A lot of them were garbage time stats. Rarely if ever were they compiled while the game when the game was still in the balance. And in 2016 he was bad (though not as bad as Agholor).
Out of his 16 TDs in his first 2 years, I counted 4, maybe 5, that could be considered "garbage time", while just as many were pivotal scores in close games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute BS.

In 2016 the Eagles led the league in drops. That is the WR breaking the QB. Funny how you mention those teams. The 'no matter who plays WR' is BS. Sure, a good QB will lesten the impact of losing a WR (who also needs to still be a decent fit).

NE: HOF TE, and arguably the best QB ever to play the game. Still no slouches at WR.
NO, Indy, Pitt have always had at least one if not two very good to outright HOF level WR's playing.

In fact, GB proves the fallacy of your argument. How many SBs has Rodgers won with an average set of WR's and TE's?
Actually this is absolute BS. In 2016, they were in a 4-way tie for sixth in total drops, and were 10th in drop %.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking every detail as gospel, but he certainly seems much more egotistical than Mayfield.

Based on what? Nothing other than the twisting in a hack-job.

BTW, even the circumstances under which Mayfield and Wentz operated were completely different.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I never said it was all Hue. Just said a few posts ago plenty of blame to go around. Browns were all screwed up everywhere, but things have been turning around since Dorsey got there. Ownership getting in the way..... Well I feel for ya. but our owner thinks he is a GM. So I get it.
When a HC gets stripped of everything but name only. That alone is plenty of reason to blame him. he is not a good HC.
No reason to let him off the hook IMO.
but again, I think most realize there is plenty of blame to go around. However I would still give Hue more than any others. (might make an argument for the owner) Once he was removed. The team did better. here is one thing though about your powerless Hue.
When other coaches & assistants tried to go to him about things. he shut them down. It was about him & what he knew. He pointed out he was the HC & until they sat in his chair blah blah blah. A lot of the loss of respect he got came from him & his actions. he has earned the negativity he is getting again IMO.
Actually, things have been turning around since 2016 when they finally put together a plan to completely tear down the roster as opposed to half assing it like they had in the past. And, luckily, ownership bought into the plan even when told it would be ugly and he might want to stay away from games for a couple years. Situation was set up perfectly and Dorsey was more than willing to take over with the way they were set up (hired by Haslem, BTW).

It's funny you are mostly going by what you saw on Hard Knocks. Not a fan of Hue's style but here's a newsflash - he was right. Resting the guys worked as they had fewer injuries which was why the continued to take the precaution. And another flash....Hue was also right when he said it's different when you are the HC. In fact, when Haley was the HC he was criticized for taking it easy on players among other things. Ironic, huh?

I like how you want to play it both ways....rip Hue for being powerless, and rip him again for moves he obviously didn't make if he was powerless.

I don't blame you for the former. If Dorsey knew he didn't want him he should have let him go before the season. But it seems he didn't have that option. Yet you believe it was Hue who got to make the call when to play Baker? That Dorsey didn't have more say? The guy who used a 3rd and spent $16 mil on TT?

All this said, I would not change one thing from 2016 to now as any difference could change where they are now, and maybe not for the better. I believe there's a chance if he was allowed to fire Hue after 2017 season this job was not as attractive and Haley might have been given the gig.

as this thread is about, I'd prefer Baker to wentz so ended up working out not taking Wentz and acquiring all the extra picks.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of his 16 TDs in his first 2 years, I counted 4, maybe 5, that could be considered "garbage time", while just as many were pivotal scores in close games.

The only game that I can remember where it was Matthews winning a game by coming up clutch in key moments was the OT win in Dallas in 2016. In other games, I do not remember that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Nothing other than the twisting in a hack-job.

BTW, even the circumstances under which Mayfield and Wentz operated were completely different.
You even admitted he's had some friction, while Mayfield has had none, unless you count the ex-HC with whom everyone had friction because he was horrible.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sadly, writers with agendas do this far too often. There is one here who lost his job because of the Browns and, while they give him many opportunities on their own, he'll go out of his way to rile up fans even with no facts.