• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A true leader doesn't have to tell others that they're in charge. Others just understand that, and it really comes down to respect. He didn't really do a lot to garner that.

And I'll be honest, I put a good amount of blame on him for the Zane situation. If your kicker has an injury that's affecting his ability to be good, that's on the HC to know what's happening. It was clear for two games that something was wrong, but when he came out and flatout said "I had no idea he was hurt", that's just a really bad look. It's obviously not his fault he got hurt, but he needs to be plugged in to his team enough to know something is wrong.
So it’s hue and not his position coach, the trainer or the guy who sets the 53?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think he has, which makes me think it probably wasn't mainly on Haley. It's clear the friction between Hue and Haley affected the team, but at the end of the day it's the job of the HC to be a leader of not only his players, but his coaches, and Hue failed miserably in that department, which is why he gets a lot of blame.
And he should get a lot of blame but it’s clear Haley had 100 percent control of the offense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he should get a lot of blame but it’s clear Haley had 100 percent control of the offense.
it is Hue who decides who runs that offense.
he chose Taylor.
What happened when Mayfield came in. before they all got fired.
The offense started moving the ball. Plenty of blame to go around, but Hue deserves the bulk of it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s hue and not his position coach, the trainer or the guy who sets the 53?
Well our ST coach also got fired, not sure about the trainer. However it's not on Dorsey to know what's happening when it comes to who is dealing with an injury. He's not on the sidelines. It's Hue's job to know what's happening with all 53 of his guys.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you @handicappers and @SteelersPride all one in the same?

At least per PE1

No @SteelersPride is a good dude even though we fight all the time. We have a deal where we can rip each other. But at first I thought Dbldown was Handi. Especially after the “You are such a brilliant and amazing winner that taught be how to be a success.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he chose Taylor.
The offense started moving the ball. Plenty of blame to go around, but Hue deserves the bulk of it.
Newsflash-Dorsey chose Taylor and gave up a 3rd for him and paid him 16 mil. You really think Dorsey was letting a coach he didn’t want decide when his #1 pick would play?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our ST coach also got fired, not sure about the trainer. However it's not on Dorsey to know what's happening when it comes to who is dealing with an injury. He's not on the sidelines. It's Hue's job to know what's happening with all 53 of his guys.
And if the player doesn’t tell anyone he’s hurt? Hue should read minds too?

It’s ok to not like him but also not blame him for everything that went wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he chose Taylor.
Could you also explain why Haley started Gordon when hue said all week he was not starting? Could it be Haley ran the offense?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you also explain why Haley started Gordon when hue said all week he was not starting? Could it be Haley ran the offense?
So you are saying the HC wasnt the HC? Sounds like a pretty shitty HC idf you ask me.

So if I got this straight.

Hc didnt want to start taylor. Even though that was all he had been saying since day 1. Dorsey did.

then

HC says Gordon isnt starting but haley started him anyways.

Did I get this right?

So Hue says one thing & you dont believe it (with the QB)
then
Hue says another thing (With WR) & you do believe it.
Sounds like you are creating your own narrative to paint your own picture here.

Ironically though. All of this whether which part is true or not true has Hue fucking up that team royally.

You want to blame Dorsey.
Blame him for not firing Hue in the offseason. unless that is the Owners deal. then you couldnt even blame him for that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying the HC wasnt the HC? Sounds like a pretty shitty HC idf you ask me.

So if I got this straight.

Hc didnt want to start taylor. Even though that was all he had been saying since day 1. Dorsey did.

then

HC says Gordon isnt starting but haley started him anyways.

Did I get this right?

So Hue says one thing & you dont believe it (with the QB)
then
Hue says another thing (With WR) & you do believe it.
Sounds like you are creating your own narrative to paint your own picture here.

Ironically though. All of this whether which part is true or not true has Hue fucking up that team royally.

You want to blame Dorsey.
Blame him for not firing Hue in the offseason. unless that is the Owners deal. then you couldnt even blame him for that.
Have said entire time hue was coach in name only last season. Haley ran the offense greggggg ran the defense.

Your last comment says it all. Yes it was the owner. Dorsey did not want hue. Yet you think hue and hue alone got to decide when the top pick would play?

You want to rip hue because he had no power and no one cared what he said? No disagreement. I also wanted him gone so long as Haley went with him as he was a disaster.

Also think hue was a disaster in pressers and needed to shut up. Crazy I know to see both sides on a sports discussion as most see it like politics and everything must be 100% one way or the other. No in between

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have said entire time hue was coach in name only last season. Haley ran the offense greggggg ran the defense.

Your last comment says it all. Yes it was the owner. Dorsey did not want hue. Yet you think hue and hue alone got to decide when the top pick would play?

You want to rip hue because he had no power and no one cared what he said? No disagreement. I also wanted him gone so long as Haley went with him as he was a disaster.

Also think hue was a disaster in pressers and needed to shut up. Crazy I know to see both sides on a sports discussion as most see it like politics and everything must be 100% one way or the other. No in between
well I never said it was all Hue. Just said a few posts ago plenty of blame to go around. Browns were all screwed up everywhere, but things have been turning around since Dorsey got there. Ownership getting in the way..... Well I feel for ya. but our owner thinks he is a GM. So I get it.
When a HC gets stripped of everything but name only. That alone is plenty of reason to blame him. he is not a good HC.
No reason to let him off the hook IMO.
but again, I think most realize there is plenty of blame to go around. However I would still give Hue more than any others. (might make an argument for the owner) Once he was removed. The team did better. here is one thing though about your powerless Hue.
When other coaches & assistants tried to go to him about things. he shut them down. It was about him & what he knew. He pointed out he was the HC & until they sat in his chair blah blah blah. A lot of the loss of respect he got came from him & his actions. he has earned the negativity he is getting again IMO.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No @SteelersPride is a good dude even though we fight all the time. We have a deal where we can rip each other. But at first I thought Dbldown was Handi. Especially after the “You are such a brilliant and amazing winner that taught be how to be a success.

APOLOGIZE!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a deal? Is it a four or five year deal? Who controls the option?