• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp, USC might be about ready

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess:
3 games a year vs. UCLA, Cal, Stanford
1 game vs Notre Dame
1 game vs BYU
1 game vs Arizona school
2 games vs midmajors
4 games vs other P5 programs

Probably pretty close to what it might look like.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth. And not all 3 stars are equal. When you see some of the "biggies" that have their pick of 4-5 star kids and they get early committments from 3 star kids, you know that school's evaluation is higher for that kid than the rating services.
No kidding. Mark Ingram was a mostly 3 Star recruit. Main reason he ended up at Alabama was that his dad played for Nick Saban as a position coach @ Michigan State, and Mark's mom liked the way Saban kept on him to do well. Ingram chose Alabama over Iowa.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess:
1 game vs Notre Dame
1 game vs BYU
1 game vs Arizona school
2 games vs midmajors
They aren't getting a ND type of deal. Hell, my Longhorns won't get that type of deal. But if they really want to monetize themselves, brand.. Then the big 12 freedom of its 3rd tier rights would be perfect. Not saying they would get the 10 mil LHN deal but they could easily get something close. Could even do more if they and ucla form a socal network.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess:
1 game vs Notre Dame
1 game vs BYU
1 game vs Arizona school
2 games vs midmajors

Highly doubtful if USC were to leave the Pac 12 they’d be getting games against Pac 12 opponents.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful if USC were to leave the Pac 12 they’d be getting games against Pac 12 opponents.

Oregon would love to schedule USC.

If USC drops, don't be surprised if the conference schedule goes to 8 games so that PAC teams are able to schedule USC OOC.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If USC drops, don't be surprised if the conference schedule goes to 8 games so that PAC teams are able to schedule USC OOC.
Yeah the remaining pac schools would absolutely love scheduling USC, afterall their value to whatever TV rights they sign would be crap without them.. So of course they'd jump on it

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the remaining pac schools would absolutely love scheduling USC, afterall their value to whatever TV rights they sign would be crap without them.. So of course they'd jump on it

For the PNW schools, playing games vs UCLA/USC is huge for recruiting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The schools would love to for recruiting purposes, but all the AD’s do what Larry Scott wants which in no way would he want to reward the top school in the conference leaving. Unless the school president fire Scott, I can’t see him ever rewarding a university that all but guarantees him being fired.

But let’s all be honest, SC cannot go independent and be successful. As much as I and Husky fans would like to admit, Oregon could go independent and be successful because of Nike and Nike’s influence. ESPN and Fox don’t care about the Pac 12 at all and realistically won’t break the bank for SC and outside of football SC brings no value for any network to make it worth it. Texas sure, it’s the only real university worth anything in Texas, SC isn’t in sports and if they started their own network, they’d essentially become the Chargers.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schools would love to for recruiting purposes, but all the AD’s do what Larry Scott wants which in no way would he want to reward the top school in the conference leaving. Unless the school president fire Scott, I can’t see him ever rewarding a university that all but guarantees him being fired.

But let’s all be honest, SC cannot go independent and be successful. As much as I and Husky fans would like to admit, Oregon could go independent and be successful because of Nike and Nike’s influence. ESPN and Fox don’t care about the Pac 12 at all and realistically won’t break the bank for SC and outside of football SC brings no value for any network to make it worth it. Texas sure, it’s the only real university worth anything in Texas, SC isn’t in sports and if they started their own network, they’d essentially become the Chargers.
Oregon as an independent? L O L... Cause of Nike?!

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guess:
1 game vs Notre Dame
1 game vs BYU
1 game vs Arizona school
2 games vs midmajors

I doubt Stanford would agree to play them every season with ND being on the schedule. That would mean at least 11 P5 games a season.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Stanford would agree to play them every season with ND being on the schedule. That would mean at least 11 P5 games a season.
so, essentially whomever is left after SC shakes the foundation of the PAC, SC will align with them as ND does with the ACC?

If SC jumps ship to begin sports(Football) as an independent, the PAC as we know it will implode. At that point, the biggest money piece of the conference is gone, I'm sure AZ schools, UCLA would then really consider joining the Big 12.. along with Colorado and Utah. Maybe Huskies dream of playing in the Rust Belt will then materialize.

So who is independent SC going to align themselves at that point? Big 12? probably not. RustBelt? If they didn't make loopholes for ND, SC is absolutely not getting one. MWC? most likely.. and with that SC as an independent is a joke.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas sure, it’s the only real university worth anything in Texas,
now-youve-gone-and-done-it-ollie

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC can't go independent successfully, but Oregon could?

:wtf:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford isn't afriad of tough scheduling. As I mentioned earlier, the PAC would likely drop to an 8-game schedule knowing that teams will schedule USC.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC can't go independent successfully, but Oregon could?

:wtf:

Anyone who owns a pair of Nike automatically associates themselves as Ducks lol

Stanford isn't afriad of tough scheduling. As I mentioned earlier, the PAC would likely drop to an 8-game schedule knowing that teams will schedule USC.

There will be no PAC if USC leaves. Why would they stick together knowing the biggest money piece has left them and given them a solid by scheduling a select few to be part of it's trojan network opponent? The remaining schools would then go find the biggest payday they can align themselves with... whether it be in the Big12, or BIG. Whomever stays then can add MWC schools.. maybe then USC aligns itself with that shell of a group?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC and Stanford goes back a long time and bothfan bases look forward to those games and to travel to them . I seriously doubt Stanford would not want to play USC every year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has Nike
I don't see what Nike has to do with people wanting to play Oregon. Nike isn't running a network , Nike doesnt have a recruiting base in Eugene to make it inciting for other teams. With USC you get a trip to So cal and an ability to invite possible Cali recruits to a game close to home.