• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Power Rankings Week 2

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a nightmare for the PAC, two more undefeated teams falls with Stanford and Washington stumbling, and therefore, we have a giant shakeup on the 2019- Week 2 Power Rankings

12. UCLA Bruins (0-2) Lost to San Diego St. 23-14
What in the world has happened to UCLA? This is just embarressing, and it's about to get MUCH worse as they have Oklahoma coming to town before traveling up North to Pulham to play Washington State.

Chip Kelly might not last for a 3rd year.

NEXT UP: vs #5 Oklahoma

11. Oregon State Beavers (0-2) Lost to Hawaii 31-28
Another loss for the Beavers, and this one was also expected. Unlike the Bruins, the Beavers actually look like they give a shit, and they will certainly get their first win next weekend against Cal Poly. That game on 10/5 against UCLA will definitely be MUST (not) Watch football.

NEXT UP: vs Cal Poly

10. Arizona Wildcats (1-1) Defeated Northern AZ 65-41
Good bounce back win for Sumlin and the Wildcats, but still, giving up 41 points to Northern Arizona is showing some garing issues on defense. After two matches against non-ranked teams, the Wildcats have given up 86 points

NEXT UP: vs Texas Tech

9. Stanford Cardinal (1-1) Lost to #24 USC 45-20
Yikes. I was a little worried in Week 1 when Stanford didn't look too good in the 'nerd bowl' against Northwestern, but Christ did it look awful this weekend against the Trojans. I wasn't expecting to drop them this far, but looking ahead, the schedule is looking ominous as they play #17 UCF this upcoming weekend before welcoming #15 Oregon.

Fuck....Cardinal looks to be heading toward a tasty 1-3.

NEXT UP: at #17 UCF

8. Washington Huskies (1-1) Lost 30-19 to California
:L:L:L:L:L:L

I was really hoping after Week 1, that Washington would be our team to try and make the playoffs. But this debacle in Seattle certainly did destroy any and all chances chances of that happening. How the hell did this happen? Absolutely embarressing, and now I'm curious how Petersen's Huskies rebound against Hawaii.

NEXT UP: vs. Hawaii

7. Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) Beat Sacramento Stae 19-7
Absolutely snoozefest against a shit school. I almost put them in 8th, especially after week 1 win against Kent State opponent had to go to OT to defeat Kennesaw State.

O-line looks awful, and there is no rythym. Luckily our defense looks good...but this upcoming weekend will really show where this team is.

NEXT UP: at #18 Michigan State

6. Colorado Buffalos (2-0) Defeated Nebraska 34-31
So so so so happy for Mel Tucker and the Buffs, as they took down the Huskers this past weekend in a renewed rivalry... 34-31.

I wasn't sure what to expect from Colorado, but they certinaly looked good this weekend in spurts and move up in the power rankings as this was a very impressive win, and they have a favorable schedule until they play in Eugene on 10/11.

NEXT UP: vs Air Force

5. Washington State (2-0) Defeated Northern Colorado 59-17
Another high scoring affair and a win for the Cougars. The main thing holding them back is the simple fact that they haven't played anyone.

They do have some interesting games coming up, so we'll learn just how good this Mike Leach squad is.

NEXT UP: at Houston

4. California (2-0) Defeated Washington 20-19
What a win this weekend for the Cal Bears. Going into Seattle and winning is no easy feat, and they certainly did just that. I can't help but think this is some kind of fluke, but Cal have a few weeks where they will be favored to win, so let's see if they can keep up to momentum in the coming weeks against inferior opponents.

NEXT UP: vs North Texas

3. USC Trojans (2-0) Defeated Stanford 45-20
Maybe the Trojans are the best team in the PAC, but I want to watch them again and see how they do in Mormon land this weekend. Their schedule is about to heat up massively, as they have a crazy slate of game coming up and will certainly move up if they are able to keep up their magic from this past weekend.

NEXT UP: at BYU

2. Utah Utes (2-0) Defeated Nothern Illinois 35-17
Easy win for Utah, and thanks to other teams failing, they continue to move up the standings, and now sit at #2. In two weeks they play USC which will be great to watch, but in the meantime, we'll hope they don't slip up against their FCS opponent this weekend.

NEXT UP: vs Idaho State

1. Oregon Ducks (1-1) Defeated Nevada 77-6
Yes, I know that I'm putting a 1 loss Ducks teams above everyone, but the truth is that I believe they are the best team in the conference. Yes, they lost after leading by 18 to a top 10 Auburn team, but the talent is there and they certainly have some chance to make national noise if they keep up this beating the shit out of teams and win out.

NEXT UP: vs Montana