• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to Denver Sean Payton

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few good Payton clips on this Up & Adams page. Scroll!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I read on Payton, the more excited I get. He’s the real deal imo

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited about this too just trying to proceed with caution this year. I was all in on Hackett last off season but, I had two concerns one too much club med. 2nd was such a young staff lots of green everywhere. With Payton we won't have any of those things.

The WR's I think Sutton and Patrick fit NO style WR. I think Jeudy would be awesome in system but, is he and Hamler trade bait.

OL- New OL coach will we really see much turnover? C G RT does this OL coach increase Risner return.

RB- See a possibility of 2 new guys added

DL- I expect two new guys come in

LB- ???

CB- 1 added

QB2- Quality vet backup

S- 1 added in draft

TE- ???

P- 1 added

K- 1 added

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stout defense and a productive run game - will make Russ Wilson a much more effective QB - Sean Payton understands that which is why the first asst. coach to get started is the Oline coach.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stout defense and a productive run game - will make Russ Wilson a much more effective QB - Sean Payton understands that which is why the first asst. coach to get started is the Oline coach.
I am getting an uneasy feeling about or defense going forward.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting an uneasy feeling about or defense going forward.

Why?

We do need to replace the DC, obviously, but we have some pieces on defense. Even changing DC, I am confident the defense is what this team can build around. Defense was great this year, but obviously had the inevitable drop-off toward the end of the season. That wouldn't have been as big an issue had the offense done its part until Hackett was finally fired.

I am very confident Payton can get 23-24 PPG out of this offense. I am also confident our defense can keep opponents to ~20 PPG. I think we can get to a 10-7 or so finish and that should get them into the playoffs. Then again, in year 1 of Payton coaching this team it's not crazy to think they may have to work through some growing pains, so this could just as easily be a 7-10 team.

Bottom line: a serviceable offense, even at the top of the bottom-third of the league in terms of scoring and production, would have had the Broncos as a 13-4 win team in 2022. I am very confident with the offensive bar set so low even if the defense doesn't return as dominant as it was in 2022 we are still going to see some serious improvement over last season over all.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An average defense is much improved by a ball control, point scoring offense.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about the D as well. The DL and pass rush feel off as the season went on and we didn't have the horses any longer. Can Browning stand up to the toll? Can Gregory get on the field at all and not be a pressure but no sacks guy? Can we retain or replace Dremont? Does Singleton return and can he replicate a career year? Otherwise LB is thin. Is Mathis the CB2? Lots of questions in my mind.

OL is also a huge concern. They just weren't good no matter how you cut it. Culture is really important, but it is TALENT + CULTURE that wins.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priceless!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about the D as well. The DL and pass rush feel off as the season went on and we didn't have the horses any longer. Can Browning stand up to the toll? Can Gregory get on the field at all and not be a pressure but no sacks guy? Can we retain or replace Dremont? Does Singleton return and can he replicate a career year? Otherwise LB is thin. Is Mathis the CB2? Lots of questions in my mind.

OL is also a huge concern. They just weren't good no matter how you cut it. Culture is really important, but it is TALENT + CULTURE that wins.

I think the offense is where the most gaping holes are. We certainly have the pieces at the skill positions, especially WR (could use an additional RB) but the line is a dumpster fire. That's got to be the priority this season. The defense is serviceable. The falling off was inevitable due to how many snaps they were playing. They had to do all the work last year and got no help from the offense. Even if they are not as dominant at the beginning of the season as they were last year, they may be better at the end due to improved performance from the offense.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the offense is where the most gaping holes are. We certainly have the pieces at the skill positions, especially WR (could use an additional RB) but the line is a dumpster fire. That's got to be the priority this season. The defense is serviceable. The falling off was inevitable due to how many snaps they were playing. They had to do all the work last year and got no help from the offense. Even if they are not as dominant at the beginning of the season as they were last year, they may be better at the end due to improved performance from the offense.
Mountain Bronco said many of my concerns. I think we are taking for granted that the defense returns at a high level.

Pass rush is questionable. Browning and Gregory both missed time and Gregory that is the norm. In a division with Mahomes and Herbert and a conference that adds Burrows and Allen I think that is a problem.

Dre’mont Jones situation could blow a hole in our defensive line. I will feel better if we can secure him.

CB situation: Darby is prime candidate to cut and clear cap space. That would leave us thin and CB and starting Mathis opposite PS2. Teams would rather challenge him often before challenging PS2.

Coaching changes: maybe there won’t be drop off. Maybe there will. Maybe it is just growing pains. Kollar has retired. I presume he DC shuffle will change other position coaches. That just leaves a lot of uncertainty.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree about our offensive line being a major problem. I am just done with the “fix one issue and we will be a SB contender year 1” argument that has been happening for 7 years. We aren’t close. We have a lot to work on.