• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome to Denver Sean Payton

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1675201222589.png

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure there will be gnashing of teeth in some circles. Well worth the risk in my opinion.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure there will be gnashing of teeth in some circles. Well worth the risk in my opinion.
It certainly could’ve been worse! Let’s just hope Sean Payton isn’t going to bring any of those tricks that got him in trouble with the league. We need his football knowledge not the chicanery.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pumped with this hire. Maybe the bar was lowered when the media was announcing 3rd tier candidates. Payton brings championship experience and he seems to think he has Russell Wilson answers. We'll see!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints wanted 2 firsts and we ending up giving them 1 with a 2nd but got back a 3rd, I’d say that’s a pretty great return for us.
I’m going to contend that this was a horrible deal until I get to inspect the product on the field. Fool me once shame on you….. :D:hope:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I'm okay with it, terms included. After the Wilson trade we knew we didn't have a first round pick for 2023. We dealt Chubb and because of where the pick we got in return came from, our pick was tied to where the 49ers finished. That trade is done, our HC who led a historically bad offense is gone, and in his place is Sean Payton. We essentially traded Chubb for Payton.

I'm glad we went HC experience over "up and coming" coordinator. That didn't work with Vance Joseph, Vic Fangio, or Nathaniel Hackett. Payton is not perfect and that whole Bounty-gate thing is going to come up again and again the second this team starts winning games. (If they ever do.) Allegations are going to swirl like a turd after the flush if this Broncos team ever gets back to Broncos-standards football. But this is a HC who resurrected a dumpster fire of a franchise and led them to a SB win.

Can Payton take an offense that showed with a competent coach it could score 25+ points and let the defense alone and get this team to 10 wins and in the playoffs? I definitely believe he can. I am glad we got him because I would have just assumed any "up and coming" coordinator candidate would have been another swing and miss.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why I'm okay with it, terms included. After the Wilson trade we knew we didn't have a first round pick for 2023. We dealt Chubb and because of where the pick we got in return came from, our pick was tied to where the 49ers finished. That trade is done, our HC who led a historically bad offense is gone, and in his place is Sean Payton. We essentially traded Chubb for Payton.

I'm glad we went HC experience over "up and coming" coordinator. That didn't work with Vance Joseph, Vic Fangio, or Nathaniel Hackett. Payton is not perfect and that whole Bounty-gate thing is going to come up again and again the second this team starts winning games. (If they ever do.) Allegations are going to swirl like a turd after the flush if this Broncos team ever gets back to Broncos-standards football. But this is a HC who resurrected a dumpster fire of a franchise and led them to a SB win.

Can Payton take an offense that showed with a competent coach it could score 25+ points and let the defense alone and get this team to 10 wins and in the playoffs? I definitely believe he can. I am glad we got him because I would have just assumed any "up and coming" coordinator candidate would have been another swing and miss.
This is good logic. I think I have resisted the chub for Payton comparison. I see it more as Payton and who we could’ve drafted with that pic as a more accurate analogy.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good logic. I think I have resisted the chub for Payton comparison. I see it more as Payton and who we could’ve drafted with that pic as a more accurate analogy.
Whoever we would have drafted would not likely has had as immediate an impact as who we signed for HC. I'm past the growing pains of coordinators who are coming up. I am still not convinced this team is a winner in 2023. But we did see in the final 2 games this team could play. They hung with the Chiefs and they beat the Chargers. That was a very depleted roster with nothing to play for but an actual leader running the show. And Payton is a known commodity in that space. I think we will see a remarkable improvement in 2023. Not sure of it, but reasonably confident.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the trade for RW and this......you guys have to nail it.

Gave up a lot of picks for the 2 and RW got a lot of guaranteed moolah.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever we would have drafted would not likely has had as immediate an impact as who we signed for HC. I'm past the growing pains of coordinators who are coming up. I am still not convinced this team is a winner in 2023. But we did see in the final 2 games this team could play. They hung with the Chiefs and they beat the Chargers. That was a very depleted roster with nothing to play for but an actual leader running the show. And Payton is a known commodity in that space. I think we will see a remarkable improvement in 2023. Not sure of it, but reasonably confident.
I agree with all this. I guess the questions remain how the staff comes together, what role George Paton will play and how we manage the CAP after losing so many pics.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's most likely traded now to re coup a pick or two?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Roster with Payton here now? How does FA change? Do you see a player trade now?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Roster with Payton here now? How does FA change? Do you see a player trade now?
I think he needs to round out at least the top end of his assistant staff before they decide what kind of personnel changes they ’ll make. No?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't they just try and keep Evero? He did better with similar parts IMO.
Plus, it seemed the defense enjoyed his system and leadership and played for him. If you read the article linked, it talks about some of the dissension that may or may not have existed with Denvers defense.

On paper, I agree with you in keeping Evero.